• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Homer Juice Selling Out Fast

I’ve been sitting here at work, pretending at least to be putting forth a commendable effort. Whenever I get the chance (which is like every hour) I sneak onto Billszone.com to check out the message boards. The next time I have difficulty getting through a long day, I’m hoping that I might be able to borrow a little of the crack-rocks some of you are smoking.

Over the past few days I’ve heard a lot of talk on here about suddenly how we’re a 9 to 10 win team. That’s borderline hilarious. I seriously am having difficulty figuring out if a few of you are really THAT optimistic or truly have went Robert Downey Jr on the rest of us.

9-10 wins? We had NO run defense last year and it’s going to be even worse. We have no consistent pass rush at all. Forget about not having a passing offense, we don’t even know the hell our quarterback is going to be. Our only consistently proven receiver (Moulds) wanted out of this franchise so bad he agreed to a trade in the twilight of his career to a team with a WORSE record than us. Oh yeah, we have a brand new first-time GM, a first year recycled coach, a pair of new coordinators and a minimum of six new starters, two of them on an offensive line that at BEST is mediocre. Lastly, you do realize we play in the AFC East and not the NFC North, right? 9-10 wins?

LOL, I can’t wait for Training Camp to start. The first time JP goes deep on a pretty ball to Peerless Price in camp some of you will be talking wild card. If JP wins his first preseason game we’ll be in the same boat as Miami and New England.

Get a grip, because you’re setting yourself up for a big disappointment. This is a team that couldn’t OBVIOUSLY be in more rebuilding mode than it is now.

And before the homer juice starts getting throw at me; Take note. There ain’t a person on this board who’s a bigger Bills fan than I am. Unlike a select few left here, watching the last six years of Bills football leaves me with a sense of realism.

I like most like the direction this team is going in, it can’t get any worse than what it was. But get a winning season out of your heads right now, at least for 2006. To any football fan outside of Buffalo, it makes you look pretty silly.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: Homer Juice Selling Out Fast

For this team to be better than 7-9, the stars are going to have to be perfectly aligned. The system works, no kinks, run defense improves, rookies play well, Losman steps up, offensive line starts to gel.....

That being said, I do think it's possible for the team to start off really bad, like say 2-6, but go on a 5-5 run to end the season as they start to get "get it" with the coaching, system, and cohesiveness of playing together.

Jon

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

- This team still has no idea who it’s quarterback is even going to be. Any of you who think JP is automatically starting because it makes more “sense” obviously haven’t followed the Bills through FA or especially the draft since Levy took over. This is still VERY much an open competition between all three QB’s none of which inspire fear into opponents hearts. Best case someone steps up and our QB play is respectable, worst case it stays where it is right now; a total joke.
      - RB? Willis McGahee runs like Earl Campbell one series and a ballet dancer the next. He only wants to get paid. He doesn’t care about the Bills, even the homers see that.
      - WR? Lee Evans has ability but has to establish himself as a number one guy. It’s a lot easier to get open when the defense has to account for Eric Moulds on the other side. Don’t think, ask our own Peerless Price how that worked out for him in his three years since he left Moulds. Josh Reed had FOUR YEARS to prove he wasn’t a bust and couldn’t do it. Andre Davis can’t stay healthy.
      - OL? Peters is a great talent who still has much to learn. Gandy is serviceable and that’s it. Villarrial’s best days are LONG gone, and we have two new starters, one of which started 9 games last year only because of an injury.
      - DL? This line was PATHETIC last year at stopping the run and if you think Tripplett/McCargo is better than Adams/Edwards at stopping the run I’d love to see you a car. Adams was slowing down and wasn’t the player he was three years ago, but he’s still leap years ahead of anyone else we got at getting into the backfield. A bad run defense last year somehow looks even worse. The pass rush should be improved somewhat, although anything is an improvement over last year.
      - LB? I love Spikes, but he’s got a long way to go and history says you don’t come back from that kind of injury in less than a year. Posey is garbage and Fletcher is in last year of his deal. If the Bills start slow I’m sure his main goal will become to not get hurt.
      - Cb? The strength of our team, but in Nate Clements you got a guy who doesn’t give a crap about anything but getting out of Buffalo and getting paid at the end of the year.
      - S- Whitner has ability, but he’s ummm. A rookie. Vincent is just a tiny bit old and behind him is a bunch of raw talent that needs seasoning, and don’t even get me started about Coy Wire.

I just pretty much went through every position. Doesn’t look so promising for 2006. This is a team with a bunch of YOUNG GUYS and a YOUNG STAFF (Plastic Pop Can Jauron) that will GROW together over the next few seasons.. It AINT happening this year.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mudflap1
        For this team to be better than 7-9, the stars are going to have to be perfectly aligned. The system works, no kinks, run defense improves, rookies play well, Losman steps up, offensive line starts to gel.....

That being said, I do think it's possible for the team to start off really bad, like say 2-6, but go on a 5-5 run to end the season as they start to get "get it" with the coaching, system, and cohesiveness of playing together.

Jon
        7-11?

speaking of! Someone get me a slurpee!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
          7-11?

speaking of! Someone get me a slurpee!
          would you like a Squishy with that?

Thank You! Come Again!
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37

Thank You! Come Again!
            Hey APU....get me some jujubees and a butterfinger too!

Nobody better lay a finger on my butterfinger!

Aye Carumba.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

Thank You! Come Again!
              Alright, enough with the jokes....... Pat!!!!!

Ice, Ice baby.

Am I allowed to say ICE in a PAt Moran thread?
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Good catch, let me rephrase... start off 1-7, finish 4-4, or whatever.

Jon

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Alright, enough with the jokes....... Pat!!!!!

Ice, Ice baby.

Am I allowed to say ICE in a PAt Moran thread?
                  You might get a TOS warning.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I wish I were as sure about things as some of you, but I'm also glad that I can see some of the positives along with the negatives.

I have to admit, though, that I have absolutely no idea how good or bad we're going to be this year. I only know that we have a lot of good young players on both sides of the ball, and it should be fun and exciting to watch them develop.

If JP plays and the team as a whole shows improvement - and a no quit attitude - I'll be happy
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      []Over the past few days I’ve heard a lot of talk on here about suddenly how we’re a 9 to 10 win team. That’s borderline hilarious. .
                      I am optimistic the Bills will go 11-5 or 10-6 this year. Why you ask? Because right now they are 0-0. Until they are 1-4, 2-6 or 3-7 etc... I will remain optimistic.

Never know what a new season will bring.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Cb? The strength of our team, but in Nate Clements you got a guy who doesn’t give a crap about anything but getting out of Buffalo and getting paid at the end of the year.
                        If Clements is just interested in getting out of Buffalo and being paid. He should have a great year then.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                          • Jul 2002

New year.
                          Same stuff.

No surprise.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I wish I were as sure about things as some of you, but I'm also glad that I can see some of the positives along with the negatives.

I have to admit, though, that I have absolutely no idea how good or bad we're going to be this year. I only know that we have a lot of good young players on both sides of the ball, and it should be fun and exciting to watch them develop.

If JP plays and the team as a whole shows improvement - and a no quit attitude - I'll be happy
                            I am VERY positive about this team.. Just not for 2006.. This is a 2-3 year away team from contending... They have a chance to be VERY good in 2007 or 08, THey're simply just not GOOD enough to be a winning team THIS year.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

THey're simply just not GOOD enough to be a winning team THIS year.
                              How does any of us know they are not good enough to win this year? Camp hasn't even started, there's been no pre-season games, the schedule looks to be on the easy side, this team could surprise people.

Comment

Working...
                              X