PDA

View Full Version : #4: Who Will Be the Number Two Wide Receiver?

The_Philster
07-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Following the departure of Bills veteran receiver Eric Moulds there was no question that Lee Evans was the indisputable number one receiver on Buffalo's roster. A former number one pick and groomed to be a franchise receiver, Evans is ready to assume that role. But who is ready to fall in line right behind him?
"It's certainly going to be a group effort for us to step up and make this offense work," said Evans. "The guys who have not had those looks know they have to step up and if they do we'll be successful on offense throwing the ball."
more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3851)
http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/news/B802E2375A944971AE496413156F6CD5.jpg

Interesting that they posted Peerless' pic with this article :scratch:

ICE74129
07-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Peerless will be the #2

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-06-2006, 07:54 PM
I almost want to say Josh Reed just because he and Losman seem to have something, but then I remember it's Josh Reed and I have no idea who it will be.

jamze132
07-07-2006, 08:48 AM
It will come down to Price and Davis more than likely. I don't really see anyone else stepping up. But I would love for Nance to be involved in the mix all season.

HHURRICANE
07-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I almost want to say Josh Reed just because he and Losman seem to have something, but then I remember it's Josh Reed and I have no idea who it will be.

I am ambivalent but I think it will be Reed. Not because of Losman but because he should be better than Davis or Price. Davis or Price making #2 is a stretch.

finsrclowns
07-07-2006, 09:41 AM
I vote for Reed as long as the other teams promise to count to "5 Mississippi" before rushing so he can get open. Otherwise I'd go with Price. I wouldn't rule out Parrish as the #3 guy either- we need speed on the field.

Earthquake Enyart
07-07-2006, 09:47 AM
You could cover Reed with a LB. :down:

It has to be Davis or Price.

justasportsfan
07-07-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't think we'll have a 1000 yd wr receiver this year. But we'll have several 500-1000 wr's. TE will also be more involved.

Dr. Lecter
07-07-2006, 10:08 AM
It will come down to Price and Davis more than likely. I don't really see anyone else stepping up. But I would love for Nance to be involved in the mix all season.

If he makes the team he will likely be a gameday inactive.

finsrclowns
07-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I don't think we'll have a 1000 yd wr receiver this year. But we'll have several 500-1000 wr's. TE will also be more involved.

If we don't, the JP experiment will be over and Lee Evans isn't the player I think he is. In the Fairchild offense if Evans doesn't average better than 60 yards a week, we won't win 4 games. Mark me down as predicting a 1000+ yard season for Evans. If we could get 400 yards receiving from TE's I'd take that right now.

HHURRICANE
07-07-2006, 10:12 AM
If we don't, the JP experiment will be over and Lee Evans isn't the player I think he is. In the Fairchild offense if Evans doesn't average better than 60 yards a week, we won't win 4 games. Mark me down as predicting a 1000+ yard season for Evans. If we could get 400 yards receiving from TE's I'd take that right now.

Evans can only make 1000 yards with JP as the QB. With that said, I believe you are right on all accounts.

justasportsfan
07-07-2006, 10:37 AM
If we don't, the JP experiment will be over and Lee Evans isn't the player I think he is. In the Fairchild offense if Evans doesn't average better than 60 yards a week, we won't win 4 games. Mark me down as predicting a 1000+ yard season for Evans. If we could get 400 yards receiving from TE's I'd take that right now.I say that because we're rebuilding and Fairchild will be experimenting with our wr's who are all speedsters. Okay maybe Evans but not probowl nos. Maybe 1100 yds?

Parrish and Reed are interchangeable. Davis and Price and if TE's get involved, it could affect wr's nos. plus I believe Fairchild will use our rb's more than Moolarkey did.

finsrclowns
07-07-2006, 10:51 AM
I say that because we're rebuilding and Fairchild will be experimenting with our wr's who are all speedsters. Okay maybe Evans but not probowl nos. Maybe 1100 yds?

Parrish and Reed are interchangeable. Davis and Price and if TE's get involved, it could affect wr's nos. plus I believe Fairchild will use our rb's more than Moolarkey did.

1100 sounds about right for Evans. We NEED that out of him to have a chance.

Personally I hope Parrish steps up as the #3. We pretty much know what we've got with Reed and he's no speedster, personally I prefer Price at #2 if he's got anything left. Parrish is a midget but he's a fast midget. With the crackdown on contact after 5 yards midgets are back in fashion in the NFL.

Replacing Mike Williams with Peters and Anderson with Reyes makes our line more mobile. You need moving parts to have a dominant run game. Mularkey's off tackle left/ off tackle right isn't the way to go for Willis or our offense. Speed to the edges slows down teams ability to apply pressure. That will help JP a lot.

Don't Panic
07-07-2006, 11:05 AM

I'd be happy with 900 yards out of Evans, 800 out of Price, 600 out of Reed and Royal/Everett (whoever starts), 400 out of Parrish and McGahee. That would be fine with me... 3700 or so for Losman. Who could complain? (dare I ask?)

Night Train
07-07-2006, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't be happy with 900 yards for Evans. That means he's way underutilized, much like the last 2 years. The guy is a major talent.

Get him the ball at least 90 times.

finsrclowns
07-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I'd be happy with 900 yards out of Evans, 800 out of Price, 600 out of Reed and Royal/Everett (whoever starts), 400 out of Parrish and McGahee. That would be fine with me... 3700 or so for Losman. Who could complain? (dare I ask?)

Math major?:;