No Matter How Upset You Are With the Bills. . .

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

No Matter How Upset You Are With the Bills. . .

Many of us are critical of Ralph, Marv, Jauron, the draft, the QB situation, the general state of the team, and the constant disappointments of the last several years.

Some of you are upset enough to have stopped buying tickets and merchandise, which is really a shame. While I believe the Bills will remain in Buffalo, diminishing revenue will certainly make it easier to move the team. I've finally decided to renew my premium seats for another 5 years beyond this season, even though I'm not thrilled with everything at OBD.

So criticize all you want here and in other places, but please continue to support the Bills in real terms, by showing up at the Ralph and spending your hard earned money, even if you are temporarily unhappy with our situation.

Things on the field have a way of getting better, but it won't really matter if the Bills leave town for good.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: No Matter How Upset You Are With the Bills. . .

Good job.

Boy are you going to get carpet bombed by the groaners.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Nice post.

But you are gonna get creamed by the pisser and moaners.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

My first Bills game I remember on TV was 1965. In person, it was 1968.

A bunch of whiners aren't ever going to make a difference. I never take them seriously.

I show up at OP for every home game with a fresh attitude and knowing I get to tailgate and talk with great people.

I can't control what the Bills do but I'm still a fan and always enjoy the day. Winning is just a bonus.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jmb1099
          • Sep 2004

I couldn't agree more, good post Jan.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

No jan isn't going to get creamed, just straightened out

If you continue to pay ralph, he changes nothing. Why would he? He is getting his money. 'But ICE...ralph cares about winning'. Really? PROVE IT! Pay for better GM's, Coaching and PLAYERS! Signing bonuses are the key and ralph either doesn't have it, or flat won't pay it.

Now for the part that will upset everyone. I don't care if they stay in Buffalo or not. That county, and City has proven to me they can't support an NFL Franchise. Most are screaming 'We have to keep the team in Buffalo' Ok then STFU and pay normal ticket prices. Companys start paying normal rates for Luxury boxes. Some one step up and pay a good rate for naming rights. 'But ICE you dont' get it...WNY Economy can't do that'. EXACTLY! Time to move.

Either you can support an NFL Team or you can't. Putting the onus on other cities and owners to support your team is crap. Everyone should get an even cut of the pie, no doubt, but beyond that you have a duty to be able to afford and keep your own team. Buffalo can't do that. I have heard this for the last 20 years out of that city. Now I say tough. Get an owner with the personal and business assets to be able to afford the team (IE signing bonuses etc) start charging normal ticket prices etc, or the team should move.

Either way, this team is going to continue on its downward spiral with Ralph Wilson owning it. And it will leave Buffalo unless the locals can start supporting it by paying more along the NFL Average on tickets, boxes etc.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
              My first Bills game I remember on TV was 1965. In person, it was 1968.

A bunch of whiners aren't ever going to make a difference. I never take them seriously.

I show up at OP for every home game with a fresh attitude and knowing I get to tailgate and talk with great people.

I can't control what the Bills do but I'm still a fan and always enjoy the day. Winning is just a bonus.
              When I read Pat's homer thread, I was trying to figure out how to put into words how I felt as a kid about that time. Realistically, you knew the Bills were a horrible team, but I was still pulling for Mini Max Anderson, Dan Darraugh, Ed Rutkowski and the boys to play hard and maybe pull off an upset.

Comment

• R. Rich
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Many of us are critical of Ralph, Marv, Jauron, the draft, the QB situation, the general state of the team, and the constant disappointments of the last several years.

Some of you are upset enough to have stopped buying tickets and merchandise, which is really a shame. While I believe the Bills will remain in Buffalo, diminishing revenue will certainly make it easier to move the team. I've finally decided to renew my premium seats for another 5 years beyond this season, even though I'm not thrilled with everything at OBD.

So criticize all you want here and in other places, but please continue to support the Bills in real terms, by showing up at the Ralph and spending your hard earned money, even if you are temporarily unhappy with our situation.

Things on the field have a way of getting better, but it won't really matter if the Bills leave town for good.

I think it's crazy for anyone who doesn't live anywhere near the Buffalo area to purchase season tickets. What's the point?

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  Good job.

Boy are you going to get carpet bombed by the groaners.
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  Nice post.

But you are gonna get creamed by the pisser and moaners.
                  Good post/Nice job.

But boy, are you going to get crushed by the savings and loaners.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                    When I read Pat's homer thread, I was trying to figure out how to put into words how I felt as a kid about that time. Realistically, you knew the Bills were a horrible team, but I was still pulling for Mini Max Anderson, Dan Darraugh, Ed Rutkowski and the boys to play hard and maybe pull off an upset.
                    You got that right.
                    I lived for three years off the afterglow of hearing Joe Namath say the 1968 1-12-1 Bills defense was better than Baltimore's after the SB3 win.

That quote was all we had.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

This is a good post, i dont know how many of u have gone to away games but i go to a different one every year and have for the last 11 years, i have been to Indy, Jacksonville x2, houston, baltimore, Cinn, Miamix2, Oakland, Tampa Bay, and this year going back to Indy, but i will tell u that one thing we have that most places dont is passion, during the NFL season there is not a bar in Buffalo that you could go to were the patrons wouldnt be talking about the prior game or the upcoming one, i have been to games were he had a touch down lead going into the third quarter and people will be going to the exits Jacksonville, and also Baltimore when we were winning 10-7 going into the 4th and half the stadium emptied, going around houston some people didnt even know they had a team not kidding, so we are lucky to have the Bills and have paid out numerous big contracts to keep players here or to bring players here so eveyone needs to realize what we have and shut up and watch football stay out of all the buracracy crap
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Great posting. I try to go to a game or 2 a year usually and the away game in NE seeing im from Mass. I wish I could live up in the area and buy season tickets. I would buy them if I lived there thats for sure. And Ill continue to buy my merchandise. These negative Nancys need to go to another board or just shut up.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by R. Rich
                          I think it's crazy for anyone who doesn't live anywhere near the Buffalo area to purchase season tickets. What's the point?
                          I guess I'm crazy, but I DO get to spend 12 hours each way of quality windshield time with my wife, hone my driving skills, and stay at strange hotels.

Seriously, though, I wasn't talking so much about out-of-towners having, or giving up, their tickets. But if you're a Buffalo area fan who has given up your season tix solely because of your unhappiness with the Bills - given the real possibility that the team could move - I just don't understand.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• R. Rich
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I guess I'm crazy, but I DO get to spend 12 hours each way of quality windshield time with my wife, hone my driving skills, and stay at strange hotels.

Seriously, though, I wasn't talking so much about out-of-towners having, or giving up, their tickets. But if you're a Buffalo area fan who has given up your season tix solely because of your unhappiness with the Bills - given the real possibility that the team could move - I just don't understand.
                            I only have to drive about half of that, JR. I don't mind it much, it just sucks for the trips I make up w/out my wife.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by R. Rich
                              No it's not!!

Comment

Working...
                              X