• Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Rochester's own Maurice Jackson...

Rochester's Jackson to get a shot at Bills roster Friday night
    [Democrat and Chronicle] Rochester's Maurice Jackson finally will get a chance to show his stuff to the Buffalo Bills Friday night. Bills coach Gregg Williams said Williams, an undrafted free agent out of Marshall High and Syracuse, will be on the kickoff team in the second half against the Minnesota Vikings. Jackson did not see any time last week against Cincinnati.

Is there any chance of him making the team? I personally don't see any way with the depth we have at receiver. There's probably not even enough room to keep him for special teams because we don't want to keep 7 WRs.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Same thing happened with Drew Haddad outa of Buffalo. He was a popularity pick and never made the team. Too bad, he broke a kickoff for a TD for the colts!
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

He's got practice squad written all over him.

Comment

• shawn
        • Jul 2002

UB Bulls

Originally posted by casdhf
        Same thing happened with Drew Haddad outa of Buffalo. He was a popularity pick and never made the team. Too bad, he broke a kickoff for a TD for the colts!
        Drew Haddad made the Colts team last season as a receiver/returner after returning two punts for touchdowns during the preseason, he was placed on injured reserve early last season.

I was upset when the Bills lost him.
        Last edited by shawn; 08-15-2002, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Practice squad at best...WR is one of the Bills strengths.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Shadow
            • Jul 2002

Jackson will be on the practice squad this year, on the roster next year when we lose Peerless. I think Peerless is going to have a fantastic season (supposedly he is Bledsoe's favorite target in camp) and there will be no way we can afford him next year.
            Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows.

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I think we'll be able to afford Price if we want him. We should be well under the cap next year. Whether we want to pay him is another question altogether.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

I don't see Peerless sticking around past this season. I'll have to see what this Jackson kid can do tomorrow night
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Bert102176
                  • Aug 2002

is the game tommorrow telivised
                  lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

I dont think so, which sucks
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

it is in Minnesota
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I think the Bills might try to find room on the practice squad for Jackson, given his extreme speed. Who knows what next year will bring.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bert102176
                          • Aug 2002

the schedual says it's in Buffalo
                          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bert102176
                            the schedual says it's in Buffalo
                            Actually, I was talking about what it was televised.

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              I don't see Peerless sticking around past this season.
                              If Price ends up being Bledsoe's favourite target for this season, which seems possible, how can we afford not to bring him back? After giving up as much as we did for Bledsoe, it would make no sense to start taking away his top receiver.
                              Also, if Price leaves after being Bledsoe's top target, I don't know if Reed can be the guy to take over for him. Price and Reed play entirely different games so its unlikely Bledsoe would like to replace his favourite receiver with someone who plays entirely different.
                              This discussion is based on the fact that Price will be his favourite receiver however, if Price isn't used overly often then I can understand letting Price go.

Comment

Working...
                              X