PDA

View Full Version : Rochester's own Maurice Jackson...

lordofgun
08-15-2002, 10:55 AM
Rochester's Jackson to get a shot at Bills roster Friday night
[Democrat and Chronicle] Rochester's Maurice Jackson finally will get a chance to show his stuff to the Buffalo Bills Friday night. Bills coach Gregg Williams said Williams, an undrafted free agent out of Marshall High and Syracuse, will be on the kickoff team in the second half against the Minnesota Vikings. Jackson did not see any time last week against Cincinnati.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/0815story085103_bills.shtml

Is there any chance of him making the team? I personally don't see any way with the depth we have at receiver. There's probably not even enough room to keep him for special teams because we don't want to keep 7 WRs.

casdhf
08-15-2002, 11:06 AM
Same thing happened with Drew Haddad outa of Buffalo. He was a popularity pick and never made the team. Too bad, he broke a kickoff for a TD for the colts!

Earthquake Enyart
08-15-2002, 11:06 AM
He's got practice squad written all over him.

shawn
08-15-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Same thing happened with Drew Haddad outa of Buffalo. He was a popularity pick and never made the team. Too bad, he broke a kickoff for a TD for the colts!

Drew Haddad made the Colts team last season as a receiver/returner after returning two punts for touchdowns during the preseason, he was placed on injured reserve early last season.

I was upset when the Bills lost him.

Ebenezer
08-15-2002, 03:21 PM
Practice squad at best...WR is one of the Bills strengths.

The Shadow
08-15-2002, 03:39 PM
Jackson will be on the practice squad this year, on the roster next year when we lose Peerless. I think Peerless is going to have a fantastic season (supposedly he is Bledsoe's favorite target in camp) and there will be no way we can afford him next year.

lordofgun
08-15-2002, 03:43 PM
I think we'll be able to afford Price if we want him. We should be well under the cap next year. Whether we want to pay him is another question altogether.

The_Philster
08-15-2002, 03:45 PM
I don't see Peerless sticking around past this season. I'll have to see what this Jackson kid can do tomorrow night

Bert102176
08-15-2002, 04:37 PM
is the game tommorrow telivised

casdhf
08-15-2002, 04:43 PM
I dont think so, which sucks

The_Philster
08-15-2002, 05:07 PM
it is in Minnesota

TigerJ
08-15-2002, 08:39 PM
I think the Bills might try to find room on the practice squad for Jackson, given his extreme speed. Who knows what next year will bring.

Bert102176
08-16-2002, 12:18 PM
the schedual says it's in Buffalo

The_Philster
08-17-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Bert102176
the schedual says it's in Buffalo

Actually, I was talking about what it was televised.

HenryRules
08-17-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I don't see Peerless sticking around past this season.

If Price ends up being Bledsoe's favourite target for this season, which seems possible, how can we afford not to bring him back? After giving up as much as we did for Bledsoe, it would make no sense to start taking away his top receiver.
Also, if Price leaves after being Bledsoe's top target, I don't know if Reed can be the guy to take over for him. Price and Reed play entirely different games so its unlikely Bledsoe would like to replace his favourite receiver with someone who plays entirely different.
This discussion is based on the fact that Price will be his favourite receiver however, if Price isn't used overly often then I can understand letting Price go.

The_Philster
08-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Well, HenryRules...I think that Bledsoe will spread the ball around quite a bit and Moulds will be his key receiver...not Peerless. Eric has good speed, strength, and has learned from two of the greatest WRs in NFL history in Andre Reed and Jerry Rice. Peerless has speed but he hasn't shown the consistency yet to be a #1 WR...and I'm still bugged by how he gave up on that play against the Squealers

HenryRules
08-17-2002, 04:51 PM
Sorry Philster, quoted the wrong post on that one. I meant to ask The Shadow how he thinks we can afford to let PP go if he has a great season. Personally, I don't think Price will have an amazing season, he'll come back at a normal salary and him and Reed will basically share the #2/#3 role next year.
The reason I was asking that question though, is because I've heard a lot of people say Price is going to have an amazing year then bolt after the season because we won't pay for him, and to me it just doesn't make sense that if that were to happen, when we have cap room next offseason, that we would let our QB's favourite receiver go.