PDA

View Full Version : Madden Simulation League

mrcommish9
07-07-2006, 08:28 AM
If you are interested in joining a Madden Simulation League, please e-mail me at bucks1236@yahoo.com so I can give you more information. It is a 32 team league where each person controls an NFL franchise based in Madden 06. For example, I am the BengalsGM and we have other owners who are BearsGM, SteelersGM, etc. We will do a fantasy draft to determine the players on each team. However, we will only draft for the first 30 rounds of a normally 48-round fantasy draft. It would take too long to draft 48 rounds and would be somewhat pointless. Through the first 30 rounds, you will be able to draft all starters and preliminary backups (nickelback, another MLB for 3-4, etc.). The remaining 18 rounds of the draft will be simulated. You will then have a 48-man roster. Once we enter the season, you will be able to do anything that a normal NFL team could. You can trade players, sign free agents, etc. I will simulate the games on Madden 06 using each team's roster. The schedule will be the NFL schedule from last year. We will try to continue this league throughout at least 3 simulated seasons. Replay with any questions.

BillsFever21
07-07-2006, 08:37 AM
After the year is up will there be a rookie draft for your team? Not a rookie draft from the game where the players are fake but the real players coming out?

I might be interested. It would basically be the same as the BZFL. Do you do the draft online or with a forum?

I never bought or played Madden 2006. I needed to take a year off. I was burned out with the game. I still enjoy the offseason stuff though.

Can you create leagues online now? If so that would be cool. Even though it would take longer, a complete 48 round draft would be better. After them first 30 players there are still a lot of young diamonds in the rough. You could really get screwed with your backups and so on.

mrcommish9
07-07-2006, 08:43 AM
The players will be real in the rookie draft (example: Reggie Bush will be available). I will do the draft within a forum. You can create an online league anytime you want if you do it manually using a forum.

If you are interested, e-mail me at bucks1236@yahoo.com so I can give you the site to register at.

slakjaw157
07-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Sounds cool. How long would the draft take? 30 rounds X 32 coaches = long time.

mrcommish9
07-09-2006, 08:46 PM
The draft shouldn't take any longer than 2 or 3 weeks as long as all owners participate to the expected standard. It is not an over-bearing process. Each team will have about 5 picks a day. That's 5 times on the computer per day for about 2 minutes each time. If you can't make it to the computer, you can send me a draft list with the position or player you want selected in that round.