PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's expensive offseason

SABURZFAN
07-08-2006, 06:35 AM
this is why we aren't active so far.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Buffalo/2006/07/07/1673509-ap.html

JD
07-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Once we get arbitration settled, bye bye Marty.
I dont like that 12 of our guys went for it by the way, sorta scary..

G Wolly
07-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Didn't we give a contract to Spacek for almost double of what Mckee was asking for?

chernobylwraiths
07-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Didn't we give a contract to Spacek for almost double of what Mckee was asking for?

No, McKee was asking for a 4 year deal between 3 and 4 million. It is about twice what McKee made last year.

SkateZilla
07-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah , Marty is as Good as gone, its Illogical to pay a Backup Goalie 2+ MIllion a Season, not even Detroit does that.. or the Rangers...

and he's going to arbitration? lmao, meaning his salary will go up,

trade Marty For A. a Few Cheap Defensemen, B. Some 1st Round Picks, C. a cheap Goalie and a Defensemen D. Pull a Darcy and trade him for "Future Considerations" (err):respect:

SabreEleven
07-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Biron will be traded cheaply....because teams know that the Sabres won't keep him at $2 mil a year. The Sabres will waive Biron before they pay him that salary, so teams will sit back and wait for that instead of giving up real talent.

SABURZFAN
07-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah , Marty is as Good as gone, its Illogical to pay a Backup Goalie 2+ MIllion a Season, not even Detroit does that.. or the Rangers...

and he's going to arbitration? lmao, meaning his salary will go up,

trade Marty For A. a Few Cheap Defensemen, B. Some 1st Round Picks, C. a cheap Goalie and a Defensemen D. Pull a Darcy and trade him for "Future Considerations" (err):respect:

we won't get a 1st rounder but i'd like to see a couple of draft picks.draft picks will help this team down the road and help golisano with the debt.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-09-2006, 02:18 AM
watch the SABRES will sign these guys to long term deals on/the day they go to arbitration that's how it always works. Something tells me Briere is going to get the biggest amount of :$: and he will be the highest paid Sabre this upcoming season.

Michael82
07-09-2006, 02:43 PM
watch the SABRES will sign these guys to long term deals on/the day they go to arbitration that's how it always works. Something tells me Briere is going to get the biggest amount of :$: and he will be the highest paid Sabre this upcoming season.
:pray:

PUCKER
07-09-2006, 11:48 PM

Lets hope so! :pray: