PDA

View Full Version : Article - Bills Hanging Williams out to dry?

Pride
02-18-2003, 02:36 PM
POSTED 11:30 a.m. EST, February 16. 2003 (SUNDAY)

BILLS HANGING WILLIAMS OUT TO DRY?

The buzz around the league is that the Buffalo Bills are sticking it to coach Gregg Williams by extending the contracts of his coordinators, but by not moving to give the head coach greater job security.

Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and defensive coordinator Jerry Gray avoided lame duck status in 2003 by securing extensions through the 2004 campaign. However, Williams is still operating a contract that will expire after the final game of the upcoming season.

MORE (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.cfm)

Earthquake Enyart
02-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Interesting spin he puts on this:

According to the source, this development is, in some cities, the latest wrinkle in the ongoing power struggle between coaches and General Managers. By treating the coordinators independently of the head coaches, the G.M. disrupts the natural assumption that the coordinator's loyalty should flow directly to the coach.

Instead, the allegiances are now divided in some cities, meaning that the G.M.'s have a little more juice in their efforts to hold (and expand) their influence within the organization.

PA Season Ticket Holder
02-18-2003, 03:03 PM
You see one article where they say they want him, and then you see other articles saying the total opposite,lol

shelby
02-18-2003, 04:52 PM
i don't want him.:shakeno:

SoCalBillsFan
02-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Hanging him out to dry?

I hope so.

:D

ublinkwescore
02-18-2003, 10:24 PM
If we win the superbowl this year, You guys will all be singing a different tune. Remember when Jimmy Johnson had a hell of a team in Dallas, and then he left, the guy that took his place won a superbowl, Perhaps Tom Donahoe can put together a team this offseason that any idiot could have coached to the superbowl.

At least that's what I'm hoping, not that I'm hoping Gregg Williams will be a lameduck (that will be determined by whether or not we make the playoffs this year).

The_Philster
02-19-2003, 06:00 AM
Switzer won that SB with a team put together by Jimmy Johnson

Buffarama
02-19-2003, 06:58 AM
Just like Ruff went to the Cup with a team built by Nolan :)
OK, I won't go there again........belongs in the hockey forum.