• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Good article on the Bills offseason

It should be noted Donahoe can't shop with total disregard to the future.

The Bills have a couple of starters who are entering the final year of their contracts, such as cornerback Antoine Winfield and guard Marques Sullivan. They're definitely going to want to work on an extension for Winfield this offseason.

Then in 2004, Travis Henry, Jonas Jennings, Pat Williams and Aaron Schobel, among others, will be entering the final years of their deals. Each of those guys might wind up being very expensive.

So like every GM, Donahoe still must keep a big-picture budget in mind. How much is the No. 2 receiver spot worth? How much is outside linebacker worth? Etc.

"You're always looking ahead with your roster, projecting guys who need to be signed next year," Donahoe said.

MORE

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

Very good article, nice to see the dead money drop. Also nice to see a GM who wont mortgage our future.
    Beware the sack master!

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
      You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
      • Jul 2002

These next 2 years are gonna be a chore to get all them players re-signed. Especially after 2004.

This is the only thing I hate about the NFL. I love the salary cap because it gives everybody a chance, but they need to do something where you can keep your own players. That would still give you the possiblility of building a dynasty. You should be rewarded for being able to spot good talent in the draft, and keep your own players.

Most of the players from that great 2001 draft will be gone in the next couple years. Sullivan, Jennings, Schoebel, and Henry are all good players from that same draft. We'll get 2 of them back. It's a shame.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla admin
        • Jul 2002

excellent post, PA

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

The good news in 2004 is that Jennings, Henry and Schobel are going to Restricted Free Agents I do believe. Williams will be a tough sign. Hopefully By then one of the youngters on the cuurent roster will be ready to step up, if we can't sign Williams.
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

You should hold exclusive rights to all odd numbered draft picks for their careers until you trade, cut, or waive them - then you lose all rights to that player the instant you do that. So that way, we can hold all of our 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th round draft choices, or something like that - that will help teams be able to build dynasties.

Buffalo is due for a dynasty to arise again - if the Salary Cap didn't put an end to those days (the last 4 superbowl champs have won their very first superbowl).
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• BillsNYC
              Man of the People
              • Jul 2002

i think that the longer a player plays for a team that drafts them...the less he should count against the cap...like

5 years = 80% towards the cap
              6 years = 75%
              7 years = 70%

and so on...
              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘