Other Than QB, What Position Will You Watch Closest In Preseason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Other Than QB, What Position Will You Watch Closest In Preseason?

We've all written ad nauseum about what we think about the battle for the Bills' starting QB job, so let's leave that position out of this discussion entirely.

As the Bills head into training camp, what position, other than QB, are you most interested in or going to focus your attention on? Is it a position where players are battling for a starting position or a roster spot? Or, is it a position where the Bills have brought in one or more new players? Or, a position that is likely to be greatly impacted by the new offensive or defensive schemes? If you could pick just one position to focus your attention on this preseason, which one would it be--excluding the QB position?

For me, it would be DT. And, if I could focus only on one of the DT positions it would be the NT/1-gap position. I am very interested in seeing how the coaches are going to have the players in this position play within the new defensive scheme. I am also very interested in seeing how Tim Anderson will play in this position in this system. And, I can't wait to see Kyle Williams. I'd like to see if the coaches will use John McCargo in this position and how they intend to utilize him if they do. I see this position as being a key to their run defense, so it is the one that I am most interested in focusing my attention on in the preseason.

Which position, other than QB, are you most interested in focusing on this preseason and why?
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: Other Than QB, What Position Will You Watch Closest In Preseason?

I am interested in seeing which receiver steps up and claims the #2 spot with
    Evans. there seem to be alot of worthy candidates for the role who can also turn out to be not what were hoping for. I'm also curious to see how good Martin Nance really is or if Peerless can regain his old form.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

It's between #2 WR and strong safety. Who will the #2 WR be and will Whitner be able the handle the SS spot from the git go?
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Dline. How the season goes will depend on the DL. As for as safety, we drafted our starter and being drafted 8th he should be an immediate stud.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Strong side LB. Will it be Posey or Crowell?

Posey has been a steady player, but Crowell showed flashes of stardom last season. There are obviously questions about how he'll fit into the tampa 2; I hope he does.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

I'm interested in left guard. Do we finally have someone able to pull around the right tackle and lead McGahee instead of getting in the way?

A close second is Whitner. I'm hoping to hear his name mentioned when it's time to pick a defensive rookie of the year.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I think WR, because there are so many bodies and so many question marks, and it's wide open behind Evans.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Im interested to see if the Kickers get even better under Jauron-Levy.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                  • Aug 2005

I will be looking at three things. I think Whitner will be the thing I look closest at then the DT's then Martin Nance. I really have high hopes for Nance down the road.
                  SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• BUFFruggALO
                    • Jun 2006

i wanna see thw wr battle--the whole o-line battle---the dt battle------and i wanna see both saftie spot battles----------almost every position except for linebackers will be a battle this year
                    !!!!~~~I aM sOFa kINg wEe tOdD dId~~~!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      It's between #2 WR and strong safety. Who will the #2 WR be and will Whitner be able the handle the SS spot from the git go?
                      I agree that I will be watching the secondary. Considering Whitner was taken as our first pick I expect him to start. I would also like to see Vincent relegated to backup duty as soon as possible so I expect one of our rookies to pick up the NFL quickly. Vincent lost his step last season and don't think he will be any more effective this year other than helping the rookies.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                        • May 2003

Well given how we have questions about nearly every damn position on the team (with the exception of punter) I'll be watching the entire team. I will TIVO every stinking game, rewind every single play as many times as it takes to study what every single player is doing.

Comment

• T-Nasty24
                          • Jun 2006

Plain and simple, i wanna see no injuries

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                            • Sep 2003

position.gif

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

1. LB- I want to see how Spikes' recovery is going and I want to see if Crowell beats out Posey because of his speed (LB's do a lot more pass coverage in the Cover 2 than in Jerry Gray's 46)

2. DT- this unit is perhaps the scariest on the team and I want to see if McCargo and Tripplett can take it to the next level. Either way, Anderson, Sape and Jefferson are likely to see a lot of playing time, and that's bad news for us.

3. OL- There were some key signings in this area so I want to see how much this unit has improved.

4. WR- for the reasons others have already mentioned.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X