• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Pro football in suburban communities offers mixed results

Another reason there should have been/should be a downtown stadium?

News from San Diego's North County, covering Oceanside, Escondido, Encinitas, Vista, San Marcos, Solana Beach, Del Mar and Fallbrook.

In Orchard Park, game days also prove costly to the town budget. Though the stadium's construction, renovation and upkeep has come at the expense of the county and state, there has been a burden caused by having Wilson Stadium within its town limits.

Extra police are needed to patrol the streets on game days. Cudney said there are also a large number of driving while intoxicated arrests after Bills games that must be processed by the local court system.

Said Cudney: "We take in a small amount of revenue compared to the money spent."
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Pro football in suburban communities offers mixed results

I really think for the long term, both the city and the team need a downtown Buffalo stadium, somewhere on the waterfront.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Just tear down the steel plant and put it there.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

You really think we are going to get a new stadium? I would love that but I am not very optimistic. The franshise will be moved long before that happens. Hopefully they will never leave.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
          You really think we are going to get a new stadium? I would love that but I am not very optimistic. The franshise will be moved long before that happens. Hopefully they will never leave.
          Things change. Buffalo and its waterfront are undergoing a rebirth. It is certainly not impossible to imagine a new stadium being built with state, county, city and private funding.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            Things change. Buffalo and its waterfront are undergoing a rebirth. It is certainly not impossible to imagine a new stadium being built with state, county, city and private funding.
            Well for the record, I would love nothing more. I loved my time when I lived in Lockport growing up as a kid. I used to love going to Buffalo to the Aud. and War Memorial Stadium.

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

Buffalo can barely afford more than Orchard Park so I do not think a stadium in Buffalo is possible.

Comment

• BillyT92679
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                Buffalo can barely afford more than Orchard Park so I do not think a stadium in Buffalo is possible.
                Not now, certainly, and it wouldn't make any sense since they just renovated the stadium seven years ago.
                But, in about ten years, I could see it happen.
                Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

Working...
                X