PDA

View Full Version : Pro football in suburban communities offers mixed results

Don't Panic
07-10-2006, 06:16 AM
Another reason there should have been/should be a downtown stadium?

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/07/09/sports/professional/chargers/16_20_477_9_06.txt

In Orchard Park, game days also prove costly to the town budget. Though the stadium's construction, renovation and upkeep has come at the expense of the county and state, there has been a burden caused by having Wilson Stadium within its town limits.

Extra police are needed to patrol the streets on game days. Cudney said there are also a large number of driving while intoxicated arrests after Bills games that must be processed by the local court system.

Said Cudney: "We take in a small amount of revenue compared to the money spent."

Jan Reimers
07-10-2006, 06:41 AM
I really think for the long term, both the city and the team need a downtown Buffalo stadium, somewhere on the waterfront.

Historian
07-10-2006, 06:55 AM
Just tear down the steel plant and put it there.

jamze132
07-10-2006, 07:04 AM
You really think we are going to get a new stadium? I would love that but I am not very optimistic. The franshise will be moved long before that happens. Hopefully they will never leave.

Jan Reimers
07-10-2006, 07:08 AM
You really think we are going to get a new stadium? I would love that but I am not very optimistic. The franshise will be moved long before that happens. Hopefully they will never leave.
Things change. Buffalo and its waterfront are undergoing a rebirth. It is certainly not impossible to imagine a new stadium being built with state, county, city and private funding.

jamze132
07-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Things change. Buffalo and its waterfront are undergoing a rebirth. It is certainly not impossible to imagine a new stadium being built with state, county, city and private funding.
Well for the record, I would love nothing more. I loved my time when I lived in Lockport growing up as a kid. I used to love going to Buffalo to the Aud. and War Memorial Stadium.

G. Host
07-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Buffalo can barely afford more than Orchard Park so I do not think a stadium in Buffalo is possible.

BillyT92679
07-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Buffalo can barely afford more than Orchard Park so I do not think a stadium in Buffalo is possible.
Not now, certainly, and it wouldn't make any sense since they just renovated the stadium seven years ago.
But, in about ten years, I could see it happen.