X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

I actually couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking

about the new slug logo and here is what I came up with....

1) They won't use the slug by himself. They'll have to include the swords or at least a blue background. A white or yellow slug won't show very good on a white jersey or white ice. Most likely they'll include swords.

2) It won't be yellow cause technically it is a buffalo and everybody knows that yellow buffalo's died with the unicorn.

3) I can't wait until hockey season.

I'm going back to bed.
    Last edited by SabreEleven; 07-10-2006, 11:16 AM.
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: I actually could sleep last night because I was thinking

good thinking

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

This kept popping up in my head beside Shelby's ibt's...

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven

I've seen that logo several times and i wouldn't be surprised if that was what was used. it fits and it doesnt make me as physically ill as the yellow buffaslug does. I still hate the buffaslug, but it's much better in white and with the swords.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Re: I actually couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking

If they change the color of it and have swords I could possibly stand it.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Man- is everyone caving?

Comment

• Gmcc24
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Dozerdog
              Man- is everyone caving?
              No, I think that people realize that it can be worked with. People are talking about the logo being ugly as ****....it isn't the best logo in the world, but it isn't bad. You see pictures of just the logo...nobody knows how it'll look on an actual uniform. It may turn out to look really nice. I think it will, and I won't complain about it. Writing to Channel 2, writing in the paper wont' do **** IMO...because the Sabres scrapping plans would cost the team tons of money. Now "fans", do you really want to be responsible for them wasting money? If its anything as bad as Gorton's fishstick uniforms...then go ahead, I'd do the same. But people just need to give it a year at least and see how it actually looks on uniform....

People just like to have something to complain about. Fans can't complain about the previous season, so.....next best thing....the logo. I think people hate the logo so much because everyone was expecting the original logo, and not Sonic the Headchog

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

If they use the slug in any portion of the main emblem I will forever belittle the team every chance I get till the day I die.

I am horrified that some people are trying to find a positve with it... Screw that, we don't deserve such crap. I don't care if you put a pair of sabres underneath it, IT STILL SUCKS ASS. I hate the NE Patriots and I sure as hell don't want the Sabres to have the NE Patriots emblem on their jersey in any fashion.

In fact I might actually stop watching hockey all together. That's how much I hate the slug concept in any form. Hell no, never, don't even conisder it.

As a lifelong fan, and a fan since the Sabres we're concieved I demand a classy design. If this franchise can't even spend moeny to the salary cap limit then at least give us a jersey / emblem design we won;t be forever embarassed about... again

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                  • Jan 2004

IT IS STILL TERRIBLE. It looks like ****. That is not a Buffalo.

If they used that design style and color scheme (referring to the last one Sabre11 posted), only using a full Buffalo, it would look badass. They already got the head done, just give it some legs. It looks like a buffalo that is being sucked in by a tornado. I just can't stand that it doesn't have legs. It looks so stupid.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

It really is ******ed. Why is it Yellow? Why does it have no legs?

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

I don't understand why the buffalo's don't have legs. Were they lost in a freak gasoline explosion or something?

Here's food for thought. The Buffalo Sabres were won of the fastest teams in the NHL. How can the buffaslug have no legs? And how the **** can we use a freakin slug as a freakin logo????????????

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                        Man- is everyone caving?
                        not really caving in. But if we really have to suffer with that piece of **** logo, at least we have one way that would make it somewhat tolerable. I still wont buy a jersey if that slug is the main logo. But it does look a TINY bit better.

Comment

• Billscusey
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven

I actually kinda like this logo! I'd be happy with that (at least it's better than the slug on it's own!)

Comment

• T-Nasty24
                            • Jun 2006

It just plain sucks!

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by T-Nasty24
                              It just plain sucks!
                              Amen. T-Nasty has spoken!
                              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                              X