PDA

View Full Version : I actually couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking

SabreEleven
07-10-2006, 10:57 AM
about the new slug logo and here is what I came up with....

1) They won't use the slug by himself. They'll have to include the swords or at least a blue background. A white or yellow slug won't show very good on a white jersey or white ice. Most likely they'll include swords.

2) It won't be yellow cause technically it is a buffalo and everybody knows that yellow buffalo's died with the unicorn.

3) I can't wait until hockey season.

I'm going back to bed.

G Wolly
07-10-2006, 11:07 AM
:up: good thinking

SabreEleven
07-10-2006, 11:07 AM
This kept popping up in my head beside Shelby's ibt's...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/Sabre11/sabres20new.jpg

Michael82
07-10-2006, 11:53 AM

I've seen that logo several times and i wouldn't be surprised if that was what was used. it fits and it doesnt make me as physically ill as the yellow buffaslug does. I still hate the buffaslug, but it's much better in white and with the swords.

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2006, 03:29 PM
If they change the color of it and have swords I could possibly stand it.

Dozerdog
07-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Man- is everyone caving?

Gmcc24
07-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Man- is everyone caving?

No, I think that people realize that it can be worked with. People are talking about the logo being ugly as ****....it isn't the best logo in the world, but it isn't bad. You see pictures of just the logo...nobody knows how it'll look on an actual uniform. It may turn out to look really nice. I think it will, and I won't complain about it. Writing to Channel 2, writing in the paper wont' do **** IMO...because the Sabres scrapping plans would cost the team tons of money. Now "fans", do you really want to be responsible for them wasting money? If its anything as bad as Gorton's fishstick uniforms...then go ahead, I'd do the same. But people just need to give it a year at least and see how it actually looks on uniform....

People just like to have something to complain about. Fans can't complain about the previous season, so.....next best thing....the logo. I think people hate the logo so much because everyone was expecting the original logo, and not Sonic the Headchog

ddaryl
07-11-2006, 01:54 AM
If they use the slug in any portion of the main emblem I will forever belittle the team every chance I get till the day I die.

I am horrified that some people are trying to find a positve with it... Screw that, we don't deserve such crap. I don't care if you put a pair of sabres underneath it, IT STILL SUCKS ASS. I hate the NE Patriots and I sure as hell don't want the Sabres to have the NE Patriots emblem on their jersey in any fashion.

In fact I might actually stop watching hockey all together. That's how much I hate the slug concept in any form. Hell no, never, don't even conisder it.

As a lifelong fan, and a fan since the Sabres we're concieved I demand a classy design. If this franchise can't even spend moeny to the salary cap limit then at least give us a jersey / emblem design we won;t be forever embarassed about... again

Bill Brasky
07-11-2006, 01:56 AM
IT IS STILL TERRIBLE. It looks like ****. That is not a Buffalo.

If they used that design style and color scheme (referring to the last one Sabre11 posted), only using a full Buffalo, it would look badass. They already got the head done, just give it some legs. It looks like a buffalo that is being sucked in by a tornado. I just can't stand that it doesn't have legs. It looks so stupid.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 07:59 AM
It really is ******ed. Why is it Yellow? Why does it have no legs?

jamze132
07-11-2006, 08:47 AM
I don't understand why the buffalo's don't have legs. Were they lost in a freak gasoline explosion or something?

Here's food for thought. The Buffalo Sabres were won of the fastest teams in the NHL. How can the buffaslug have no legs? And how the **** can we use a freakin slug as a freakin logo????????????

Michael82
07-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Man- is everyone caving?
not really caving in. But if we really have to suffer with that piece of **** logo, at least we have one way that would make it somewhat tolerable. I still wont buy a jersey if that slug is the main logo. But it does look a TINY bit better.

Billscusey
07-16-2006, 11:57 AM

I actually kinda like this logo! I'd be happy with that (at least it's better than the slug on it's own!)

T-Nasty24
07-16-2006, 12:01 PM
It just plain sucks!

JD
07-16-2006, 01:28 PM
It just plain sucks!
Amen. T-Nasty has spoken!