Who will be the Surprise of Training Camp in 2006....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Who will be the Surprise of Training Camp in 2006....

There has been alot of talk about what position battles to watch for, what prosition are you going to be watching in training camp to see who will be the starter, In my opinion every year there is a surprise in training camp, someone emerges, like jason peters, and rashard baker, jabri greer, it doesnt have to be a UDFA, or a drafted rookie, it can be a FA, or a veteran depth player, I think the guy to watch is Martin Nance, he could add an element to the team we have lacked for years a red zone threat. interested to hear what everybody has got to say......
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Who will be the Surprise of Training Camp in 2006....

I dont think Nance would be that much of a "surprise" to people around football circles, but I agree with you.. I'll be watching him pretty intently..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
      There has been alot of talk about what position battles to watch for, what prosition are you going to be watching in training camp to see who will be the starter, In my opinion every year there is a surprise in training camp, someone emerges, like jason peters, and rashard baker, jabri greer, it doesnt have to be a UDFA, or a drafted rookie, it can be a FA, or a veteran depth player, I think the guy to watch is Martin Nance, he could add an element to the team we have lacked for years a red zone threat. interested to hear what everybody has got to say......
      Nance is a good one. For me it's Yobouty or Simpson. I think one of those guys is starting by the end of pre-season.

Comment

• Amare
        Don't Call It A Comeback!
        • Jul 2006

Josh Reed

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Peerless Price

Honestly, I don't know much about him, but I'm hoping it will be Kyle Williams because we need so much help at DT.

And I liked what I saw from Eric King last year- his only problem is the plethora of young DB's this team has.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Jason Hall

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

I think Bowen might surprise some people. And while I don't think he'll likely start over Whitner, he just might gain some rotation time if he excels in TC!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                I think Bowen might surprise some people. And while I don't think he'll likely start over Whitner, he just might gain some rotation time if he excels in TC!
                I hope you're right but I kind of consider Bowen to be more of an ST acquisition (which I don't mind- you can't maintain the best ST in the league by doing nothing). But I'm in Skins country and I talked to a few of their fans about him, and they said he's slow and not well-suited for the cover 2. So I think he'll be an asset on ST but I don't see him doing much on D. We have enough young DB's that hopefully we won't need him to play S too often.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

I think Matt Bowen will spell the end for Coy Wire, Bowen will mentor Whitner and provide better depth and ST play than Coy could, plus Matt can play both SS and FS so that also helps, Jason Hall is also my second pick with the hole at the 4 spot on the DE rotation it will be very interesting
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Of the lesser heralded guys, I think LB Keith Ellison and Tackle Brad Butler may play well.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BBUnit1974
                      • Aug 2004

liam eziekel i think this guy has it for a mlb

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Bowen is actually perfect for the cover 2, that is why he was brought here in the first place. It's all so why Whitner can't slip up and must play up to his potential. Bowen could see a lot of time on the field spelling both safety positions. Either way this position battle will be an awesome one to watch.

I say Whitner will still end up surprising most that doubted he should have been the Bills #1 draft pick. This guy has all the tools minus the experience. It's one thing to say you have the playbook down after missing most of the off-season workouts, but to show he had down all the schemes, substitution, and blitz packages with what little time he had on the field was very promising. Promising enough that the coaching staff feels he has what it takes to start. We will see this guy get better each week he steps on the field. If Clements can return to form this season, opposing offenses will be using their own zone on that side of the field... It will be dubbed a "no throw zone".

SCOUTING REPORT: SS Matt Bowen is an ideal cover 2 safety with good range and is physical in run support. He is not quick enough to play receivers man to man, but he excels in zone coverage. He's a hard-hitting and sure tackler who makes ball carriers pay for coming into his area. Bowen plays with intensity and a high motor. He is good at getting through traffic and making plays in pursuit. While he lacks top speed, he's a savvy defender who is rarely caught out of position. Bowen faces a stiff challenge from first-round pick Donte Whitner for the starting job, but Bowen will be a key contributor on defense and special teams.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Quarterback...Craig Nall.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

A think Brad Butler will be a very good pick for us in two years, all that i have read about him is that he has all the tools to be a starter, just needs to get stronger and put more weight on, but most rookie Olineman fall in that catagory
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

i hope nall replaces holocomb on the roster, and we give the three spot to a young guy
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X