PDA

View Full Version : Which younger players Prospects will challenge to crack the big club this year.

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Of course Novotny, Paille, and Paetch could challenge for time, but anyone else? Is Stafford ready?

SkateZilla
07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I Think Mancari, MacArthur, Paille.. they can all make it,

I Think Stafford would play well with Drury

Hecht - Briere - Dumont
Vanek - Connolly - Afinogenov
StaffordPaille/MacArthur/Mancari - Drury - Pominville/Paille/MacArthur/Mancari
Peters - Gaustad - Mair

Peters can Score if he wanted to, and Playing With Mair at the end of the season seemed to spark a fire, he was skating live i've never seen him skate before, impressive, very actually..... Couple that with Gaustad's Presense now.. who has gone from a Peters Type Role to PP Ev and PK Shifts... man oh Man, 4th Line will have 20-30 point players..

Vanek was a lost cause because who he was paired with, yo have to look at players game type, Vanek is a scorer, you have to put him with peope that will set him up, Afinogenov for example, if he player Right Wing to Connolly and Vanek, it would give him 2 Forwards to setup .... Vanek Could hit 40+ Goals if he could player with plaers that help...:bandwagon

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2006, 03:57 PM
No Novotny at all??? He seemed to be the most Ready IMO.

Tell me more about Mcarthur and Mancari please.

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Also where is Roy and Pominville?

SkateZilla
07-10-2006, 04:04 PM
I completely Missed him,

our problem is now the sabres have too many forwards that could make the team, and some we'd lose because they'd have to clear waivers...

dont be suprised if we trade some Players to make room for the new guys

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2006, 04:08 PM
I don't know anything about Mancari or Mcarthur. Where do they currently play?

SkateZilla
07-10-2006, 04:32 PM
I don't know anything about Mancari or Mcarthur. Where do they currently play?

OHL, WHL

Mancari:
http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerBiography.asp?ID=28459
http://www.amerks.com/PlayerProfile.aspx?ID=43

MacArthur:
http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerBiography.asp?ID=27106
http://www.amerks.com/PlayerProfile.aspx?ID=36

JD
07-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Vanek could get 40+ goals of year if he ****ing T-R-I-E-D

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2006, 07:13 PM
I agree JD.. Vanek needs to get his head out of his ass. He played like another Satan last year. I know he is young but you can't teach heart.

SabreEleven
07-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I bet Vanek got tired from playing a long season...I know other rookies play the whole but I bet he was prepared for it. Playing over 60+ games was too much for him. He'll be more prepared this up coming season.

SkateZilla
07-10-2006, 10:03 PM
I bet Vanek got tired from playing a long season...I know other rookies play the whole but I bet he was prepared for it. Playing over 60+ games was too much for him. He'll be more prepared this up coming season.

he started to seriously fall off after the olympic break... :respect:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-10-2006, 10:03 PM
What about Hunter, Kaletta who's from Buffalo by the way and the other draft picks that we signed. Hunter if he's anything like his dad was we're in for a treat he can make this team.

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2006, 10:09 PM
I hope so. I think there is a difference between a guy who is tired just not having it and a guy who loafs around the ice. Vanek was definitly a loafer last year. He has all the talent to easily be a 40 goal scorer, and I am hoping he matures and plays with more heart.

BlackMetalNinja
07-10-2006, 10:21 PM
I hope so. I think there is a difference between a guy who is tired just not having it and a guy who loafs around the ice. Vanek was definitly a loafer last year. He has all the talent to easily be a 40 goal scorer, and I am hoping he matures and plays with more heart.

He's very much in Max's mold... Those two could be scary if they were at all consistent. They are very typical of the stereotype given to the Europeans in the past about being too much of finesse players and not at all gritty. Now obviously they are better suited for a finesse game, but they tend to wuss out at the wrong times far too often in my opinion. I look for both to step it up this year, Max should easily have a 40 goal season and Vanek should be around the 30 mark I hope.

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2006, 10:47 PM
He's very much in Max's mold... Those two could be scary if they were at all consistent. They are very typical of the stereotype given to the Europeans in the past about being too much of finesse players and not at all gritty. Now obviously they are better suited for a finesse game, but they tend to wuss out at the wrong times far too often in my opinion. I look for both to step it up this year, Max should easily have a 40 goal season and Vanek should be around the 30 mark I hope.
I am going to have to disagree here. Max does give a full effort most of the time, and while he isn't a very gritty player he doesn't usually loaf. Max also is not a scorer. He can't finish. He will never have much more than 25 goals in a season. Vanek on the other hand easily has the talent to score 40 goals, but he needs to want it more.

BlackMetalNinja
07-10-2006, 10:57 PM
I am going to have to disagree here. Max does give a full effort most of the time, and while he isn't a very gritty player he doesn't usually loaf. Max also is not a scorer. He can't finish. He will never have much more than 25 goals in a season. Vanek on the other hand easily has the talent to score 40 goals, but he needs to want it more.

Max certainly stepped it up this year and I would accuse him of taking it easy anywhere near as much as Vanek. He had 23 goals this season and I think he could get a few more next year, though the assists are more important in my opinion. I just want some consistency from Afinogenov, that's all.

THATHURMANATOR
07-10-2006, 11:19 PM
I could see him possibly getting 30 but not much more than that. This is if we don't trade him.

jamze132
07-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Vanek was a lost cause because who he was paired with, yo have to look at players game type, Vanek is a scorer, you have to put him with peope that will set him up, Afinogenov for example, if he player Right Wing to Connolly and Vanek, it would give him 2 Forwards to setup .... Vanek Could hit 40+ Goals if he could player with plaers that help...:bandwagon
Very well said!