X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gil
    • Mar 2005

PFW- Marv Admits Bills Rebuilding

I searched and didn't see this posted here yet - apologies if it's already been put up in one of the Homer Juice threads or something...

GM/football operations Marv Levy didn’t skirt the issue when asked by PFW if the Bills are in rebuilding mode. “I would have to say it does fit that description,” said Levy. “You have a new GM, a new head coach and coaching staff. Some of the players that had been in the league a long time — Lawyer Milloy, Eric Moulds, Sam Adams, Mike Williams — are no longer here. We were pretty active in free agency, not necessarily for blockbuster names, but guys that seem to fit. We had nine draft choices. … Yeah, I would say we fit that. But a lot of teams fit that description.” Levy also told PFW he’s confident head coach Dick Jauron and his staff are the right people to get the franchise back on a winning track. “First of all, I think we’ve put together an excellent coaching staff. It’s never an excellent coach. It starts with the head coach, but it’s all about the entire staff. They’re instituting a style of play that I like very much — it’s based on simplicity, hustle, conditioning, repetition, not on mirrors and bells and whistles.”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...m?mode=afceast
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: PFW- Marv Admits Bills Rebuilding

Nice read. Thanks for the find. That deserves being lifted out of the rep hole.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

At least he's honest, unlike the old GM whose name I won't mention.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
        • Mar 2004

Also, just because a team is rebuilding, doesn't mean they can't still try to be competitive in each and every game. The Dolphins were rebuilding last year, and continue to do so, but they focused on improving the quality of play with each down/each game (no matter what the score was,) so obviously, a team doesn't have to rollover and die, just because they're rebuilding.

Comment

• gil
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
          Also, just because a team is rebuilding, doesn't mean they can't still try to be competitive in each and every game. The Dolphins were rebuilding last year, and continue to do so, but they focused on improving the quality of play with each down/each game (no matter what the score was,) so obviously, a team doesn't have to rollover and die, just because they're rebuilding.
          absolutely - I think with the type of players Marv has apparently brought in, as well the coaches, this team won't quit and will hopefully surprise a lot of people (including the fins, of course).

It is nice to not have sunshine blown up our butts like the previous regime.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
            Excellent points and very true. Nobody knows who is going to be the surprise team each year and who knows...it may be the Bills this year.

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

[QUOTE=gilbert23b]I searched and didn't see this posted here yet - apologies if it's already been put up in one of the Homer Juice threads or something...

They’re instituting a style of play that I like very much — it’s based on simplicity, hustle, conditioning, repetition, not on mirrors and bells and whistles.”

My favorite part. Marv's winning me over as GM.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

[QUOTE=Turf]
                Originally posted by gilbert23b
                I searched and didn't see this posted here yet - apologies if it's already been put up in one of the Homer Juice threads or something...

They’re instituting a style of play that I like very much — it’s based on simplicity, hustle, conditioning, repetition, not on mirrors and bells and whistles.”

My favorite part. Marv's winning me over as GM.
                I agree...sometimes simple is best. (see Pittsburgh Steelers)

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                  • Sep 2003

Very easy schedule, especially in the second half, gives me a lot of hope.

PTR
                  10 Commandments of the D
                  1. Never stop Rocking.
                  2. Legalize all drugs.
                  3. Quit your day job.
                  4. All Religion should be taxed.
                  5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                  6. F**k her gently.
                  7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                  8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                  9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                  10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                    Very easy schedule, especially in the second half, gives me a lot of hope.

PTR
                    I wish that pepsi cap would be the sabres new logo Promo. I used to love that thing when they were the Bisons.
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Turf
                      I wish that pepsi cap would be the sabres new logo Promo. I used to love that thing when they were the Bisons.
                      yeah, those where the good ol' days.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

If we weren't rebuilding, I'd be very disappointed in Marv. What is the new regime supposed to do, having been left with the large mess created during the Donahoe Debacle?
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          If we weren't rebuilding, I'd be very disappointed in Marv. What is the new regime supposed to do, having been left with the large mess created during the Donahoe Debacle?
                          And you still think we are going to have a winning record this year?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                            And you still think we are going to have a winning record this year?
                            Rebuilding is not necessarily synonymous with "we're really going to suck."
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

It's no secret. A team coming off a 5 win season with a whole new regime. Marv doesn't need to explain it to anyone.

That doesn't sour my optimism whatsoever. I'm still looking forward to the season ahead.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X