PDA

View Full Version : What Teams are in Worse Shape Than Buffalo?

patmoran2006
07-11-2006, 12:02 PM
In everyone’s expert opinion, what teams in the NFL are in WORSE shape- right now than the Buffalo Bills?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Green Bay?- Sure Farve is old and should’ve retired, though Farve at 89-years old is still better than anyone Buffalo has. Still, signing Pickett and Woodson to the defense was big, and drafting AJ Hawk was even bigger. Playing in the weak NFC North their defense will keep them in games.
<o:p></o:p>
San Francisco?- Vernon Davis is going to make Alex Smith look a lot better than he is.
Houston?- Kubiak is very highly regarded and could be the next great head coach. Mario Williams and Tony Weaver greatly improve their front four. Eric Moulds is going to help Andre Johnson become an elite receiever in a big way. The offensive line’s future is looking a lot brighter after drafting Charles Spencer or Eric Winston (who were God’s on this message board pre-draft but probably suck now because we didn’t take either of them)
Jets?- The offensive line is IMMEDIATELY better with two future studs in Brick and Mangold. Mangini as coach is a Belicheck clone.
Titans: Vince Young could be a flop but if he’s anything like he was in college they got a steal with the third pick. Lendale White could be a Larry Johnson type (of course he can also be a Lawrence Phillips type)
Ravens: No team with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis on Defense (Suggs too) and McNair at quarterback is going to suck that badly.
Arizona?- Edge in their backfield and a weak NFC West gives the Cards just too many advantages to not be at least competitive.
Lions?- Long way to go but Marinelli is a good coach and they finally ridded themselves of that bust Harrington. Either Kitna or McCown is a major improvement and Detroit has a lot of talent in skilled positions.
When Bills fans finally decide to take the homer glasses off, you’ll soon realize that this team will be in a dog fight to NOT be one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL , this season anyway.
While I love the direction the defense went in with the draft and we do have some skilled players in Evans and McGahee on offense, both sides of the lines are mediocre (at best), a STILL unsettled QB situation and an entire new coaching staff is going to lead Buffalo short-term to the cellar of the NFL.
I think Buffalo, SF, Tenn, NY Jets and Detroit are going to battle it out among the five worst teams in the league- this year anyway… In the end, SF will have the top pick in next year’s draft, followed by Tenn, Jets and Buffalo (4<SUP>th</SUP> pick)
Let the love-fest comments begin..

Mr. Miyagi
07-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Holy crap the sky is falling.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:08 PM
There are quite a few Pat....

EricStratton
07-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Without a long explanation I see the Jets, Cleveland, Cinny (if Palmer doesn’t recover well), Tenn, Houston, Oakland, GB, Detroit, NO, Arizona, St. Louis, and SF all being in the same boat that Buffalo is.

They all have big questions to answer and if things break right any of those teams can have a good season (see Chicago – 2005) and if not they can all stink (see NYJets – 2005)

patmoran2006
07-11-2006, 12:13 PM
OK..

Name me some, and why?
Instead of Chicken Little, and the Sky is falling comments. I'm much more interested in hearing about some TEAMS and what makes them in worse shape than us?

Thanks

patmoran2006
07-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Without a long explanation I see the Jets, Cleveland, Cinny (if Palmer doesn’t recover well), Tenn, Houston, Oakland, GB, Detroit, NO, Arizona, St. Louis, and SF all being in the same boat that Buffalo is.

They all have big questions to answer and if things break right any of those teams can have a good season (see Chicago – 2005) and if not they can all stink (see NYJets – 2005)

I forgot about Oakland, I tend to give you that. They're in lousy shape as well. NOt much talent, not good cap shape, recycled head coach (theme), overated RB, overated QB.

Good point.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:14 PM
OK..

Name me some, and why?
Instead of Chicken Little, and the Sky is falling comments. I'm much more interested in hearing about some TEAMS and what makes them in worse shape than us?

Thanks
If you need me to list all the teams it is already a lost cause. Why waste everyones time?

patmoran2006
07-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Everyone on here is basically killing time til the season starts, so I wouldnt call it a waste of anyone's time.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:33 PM
I do though.

Jan Reimers
07-11-2006, 12:36 PM
I know we've been down for 6 years, but we've changed GMs and most of the coaching staff, drafted a ton of young defensive players, added a bunch of FAs with upside, cut some aging and unhappy veterans, and have hardly had a glimmer of potential stars like JP, Evans, McGahee, Parrish and Everett.

Man, I'm tired of the constant doom and gloom, and the continual carping about how bad we'll be.

I think there are plenty of teams that don't have a potentially great offensive big three like JP-Evans-McGahee; that don't have our talent or depth at LB and the secondary;and that can't come close to our Special Teams.

We are young and inexperienced at a few positions; the QB situation is, at the moment, unsettled (but I think JP will win the job and prosper); and our O line has some question marks. But I just don't see the reason for giving up on this team before we've even set foot on the field.

PromoTheRobot
07-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Wow, you're pretty generous with the praise for the other teams. I wonder if you would be so glowing if Brett Favre was a Bill and had a season like he just had! You declare every other coach and player drafted to be better than what we have. Based on what criteria, other than the desire to bring everyone down?

Look, the Bills are an unknown quatity at this point. Not bad, unknown. Until we see them play, we don't know what we have. I happen to think good coaching and an easy schedule can make up for a lot.

So I will not dump on this team until there is a reason. Right now, as far as I'm concerned, they are undefeated.

PTR

In everyone’s expert opinion, what teams in the NFL are in WORSE shape- right now than the Buffalo Bills?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Green Bay?- Sure Farve is old and should’ve retired, though Farve at 89-years old is still better than anyone Buffalo has. Still, signing Pickett and Woodson to the defense was big, and drafting AJ Hawk was even bigger. Playing in the weak NFC North their defense will keep them in games.
San Francisco?- Vernon Davis is going to make Alex Smith look a lot better than he is.
Houston?- Kubiak is very highly regarded and could be the next great head coach. Mario Williams and Tony Weaver greatly improve their front four. Eric Moulds is going to help Andre Johnson become an elite receiever in a big way. The offensive line’s future is looking a lot brighter after drafting Charles Spencer or Eric Winston (who were God’s on this message board pre-draft but probably suck now because we didn’t take either of them)
Jets?- The offensive line is IMMEDIATELY better with two future studs in Brick and Mangold. Mangini as coach is a Belicheck clone.
Titans: Vince Young could be a flop but if he’s anything like he was in college they got a steal with the third pick. Lendale White could be a Larry Johnson type (of course he can also be a Lawrence Phillips type)
Ravens: No team with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis on Defense (Suggs too) and McNair at quarterback is going to suck that badly.
Arizona?- Edge in their backfield and a weak NFC West gives the Cards just too many advantages to not be at least competitive.
Lions?- Long way to go but Marinelli is a good coach and they finally ridded themselves of that bust Harrington. Either Kitna or McCown is a major improvement and Detroit has a lot of talent in skilled positions.
When Bills fans finally decide to take the homer glasses off, you’ll soon realize that this team will be in a dog fight to NOT be one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL , this season anyway.
While I love the direction the defense went in with the draft and we do have some skilled players in Evans and McGahee on offense, both sides of the lines are mediocre (at best), a STILL unsettled QB situation and an entire new coaching staff is going to lead Buffalo short-term to the cellar of the NFL.
I think Buffalo, SF, Tenn, NY Jets and Detroit are going to battle it out among the five worst teams in the league- this year anyway… In the end, SF will have the top pick in next year’s draft, followed by Tenn, Jets and Buffalo (4<SUP>th</SUP> pick)
Let the love-fest comments begin..

Amare
07-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Every way that you say other teams got better, you can find ways to say that we also will be better, so I don't let the offseason exposures affect me.

TigerJ
07-11-2006, 11:43 PM
With all the teams you listed, Pat, there are "ifs" aplenty just as there are with the Bills. You could be right, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a number of teams you mentioned really struggle next year. I really believe that Vince Young is going to take several years to develop into a solid NFL QB if he ever does. Texas ran a dumbed down offence that allowed him to succeed. I don't think that NFL defenses will let the Titans get away with that. There is always the run threat, but Young doesn't have nearly the athleticism of Michael Vick. Again, NFL defenses will do a far better job of containment than his college opponents did.

I'm not predicting playoffs, mind you, or even a winning season. The over/under for the Bills going into the season is six and a half wins. I'm predicting 7 or 8 wins. That's not were I hoped they would be at this time 2 or 3 years ago, but I think they'll be drafting somewhere in the middle of the first round next year. If I'm wrong and they are worse than that, I'm still hopeful that the Bills at least turned things in the right direction and will be getting better in the future. The key of course is QB. We still don't know if Losman or Nall can be a long term answer. I'm confident Holcomb is not. A cloud of uncertainty will hang over Buffalo's head until that issue is settled.

tampabay25690
07-12-2006, 12:35 AM
I really think the Jets are worse then us..

BillsFever21
07-12-2006, 09:35 PM
These are the teams that I see in worse shape then the Bills.

Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, Chargers, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Bears, Packers, Lions, Vikings, Bucs, Falcons, Saints, Eagles, Redskins, Giants, Cowboys, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Panthers, Seahawks and Steelers.

The only team that is close to the Bills level is the Colts. It will be between the two of us for reaching the SB. Then whichever team wins that game will go on to win the SB. With the loss of Edge we should be able to take them this year.

Devin
07-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Every team has questions marks. Every team has what if's.

Night Train
07-13-2006, 03:23 AM
( Yawn )

Richard Gozinya
07-16-2006, 08:31 PM
The Washington Generals.

Amare
07-16-2006, 10:32 PM
How could any1 know?