PDA

View Full Version : There are too many NON homers here

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:20 PM
What do you guys think?

patmoran2006
07-11-2006, 12:32 PM
just keep in mind some of the non-homers are every bit as much a Bills fan as the Homers.

The one difference IMO being a tad more realistic regarding team expectations.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Maybe in their own minds.

Iehoshua
07-11-2006, 12:35 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm thinking Sam Aiken is gonna have a breakout year and make us forget Moulds.

Patrick76777
07-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Maybe in their own minds.

why is being realistic such a good thing? Esp. when it comes to football?

Earthquake Enyart
07-11-2006, 12:40 PM
They all want that Wys like fun of being able to say "See, I told you they would suck. Look how smart I am."

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Some people feel the need to have negativity run their lives Pat.

Iehoshua
07-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Realistically speaking, Rian Lindell is going to be so great this season, he'll make Adam Vinatieri look as clutch as Peyton Manning!

Mr. Pink
07-11-2006, 12:45 PM
I still love how realism is negativity...and if you don't think the Bills have a chance to make the playoffs, then you're not a true fan!

Patrick76777
07-11-2006, 12:46 PM
I still love how realism is negativity...and if you don't think the Bills have a chance to make the playoffs, then you're not a true fan!

I don't think anybody said anything about being a "true fan"

Iehoshua
07-11-2006, 12:47 PM
The Bills have a chance with this group of talent to carve up the rest of the NFL like a roast! Buffalo Slaugher 2006. Bills = Superbowl Champions!

Give us the trophy now and spare the other teams' impending humiliation!

justasportsfan
07-11-2006, 12:50 PM
I also love how people who don't think the worse about the team are homers. If I say "I like the draft" we're homers.

I guess this thread is between those who are extreme left and extreme right. I belong in the middle. :D.

R. Rich
07-11-2006, 12:52 PM
I think Darth Takeo's posts are the best.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Why would you love that? :ill:

Jan Reimers
I don't mind fans being negative - or, in their words, realistic - about our chances on the field. But I have to wonder about those who seem to revel in the idea of the Bills leaving Buffalo, and not being able to wait to jam it down our throats if it happens.

Are those real Bills' fans?

OpIv37

this may be the most ignorant post I have ever read on this board. You're asking why it's bad to see things as they are instead of seeing them how you want to see them.

Allowing emotions and bias to cloud your judgement is NEVER acceptable, even if it's about something as trivial as football.

Jan Reimers
07-11-2006, 12:54 PM
I think Darth Takeo's posts are the best.
I'll drink to that. But then again, I drink to damn near anything.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:55 PM
this may be the most ignorant post I have ever read on this board. You're asking why it's bad to see things as they are instead of seeing them how you want to see them.

Allowing emotions and bias to cloud your judgement is NEVER acceptable, even if it's about something as trivial as football.
No OP the reason it is not Ignorant is because Football is our entertainment. It is our release from our everyday BS we deal with. It is for fun. Why would we have to look at it with negative conutations? Why is it ignorant for us to just have fun with it?

Captain gameboy
07-11-2006, 12:56 PM
This site needs to answer the following question and it needs to do it now, or pretty darn quickly.

Are there too many non homers
or
Too many lunches?

Patrick76777
No OP the reason it is not Ignorant is because Football is our entertainment. It is our release from our everyday BS we deal with. It is for fun. Why would we have to look at it with negative conutations? Why is it ignorant for us to just have fun with it?

And now I know why you are our leader.

Mr. Pink
They're right OP! The Bills are about to start their Dynasty this year. 12-4 SB champs, JP is going to put up numbers that Peyton will be jealous of!

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Who should field this question Gameboy? As the president of the Homers club I say there are too many NON homers.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:58 PM
And now I know why you are our leader.
:bf1:

Captain gameboy
The Bills have a chance with this group of talent to carve up the rest of the NFL like a roast! Buffalo Slaugher 2006. Bills = Superbowl Champions!

Give us the trophy now and spare the other teams' impending humiliation!

Then.. damn it....We go back and take the last one.

OpIv37

you only look at it negatively when the situation is negative, ie, 5-11 last year, no playoffs for 6 years, etc. What's fun about kidding yourself with unrealistic expectations? That's just stupid.

if you see the situation how you want to see it instead of how it actually is, you're ignoring reality. Notice how ignoring and ignorant have the same root word.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 12:59 PM
They're right OP! The Bills are about to start their Dynasty this year. 12-4 SB champs, JP is going to put up numbers that Peyton will be jealous of!
I still LOVE your negativity...... :puke:

patmoran2006
1- I dont look "down" on someone that I consider a "homer", I just simply disagree with them on their views of the football team.

2- Thurm, I dont have the need for negativety to run my life. I love the Buffalo Bills and actually for once LIKE what they're doing with this team. I just simply think they're going to be garbage this year if you judge them by wins and losses (which I've said more than once I'm not judging this team THIS year on w's and L's).

3- Can't win with some of you people. If I predict the Bills will go 3-13 this year and i'm wrong, you stick it in my face. If I'm right, then I'm a Bills hater because I foreseen it coming.

4- If you want to be a homer to keep you optimistic going into the season I have no problem with that. Just remember at season's end how silly you'll look then for saying this team is in any kind of way a contender now.

5- Jan Reimers, I totallly agree with you. I would be sick to my stomach if the Bills left Buffalo, I dont think they are going to leave Buffalo nor would I ever hope for that to happen.

R. Rich
I'll drink to that. But then again, I drink to damn near anything.

Me too, especially since you're buying.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 01:00 PM
you only look at it negatively when the situation is negative, ie, 5-11 last year, no playoffs for 6 years, etc. What's fun about kidding yourself with unrealistic expectations? That's just stupid.
What is stupid is to ruin the entire Bills football experience for the season before it even begins....

patmoran2006
07-11-2006, 01:00 PM

For some football is more than just entertainment.. For some it is also business. As someone who writes and every once in a while gets paid for it, I'm much better off living in Buffalo when the Bills and Sabres are winning.

Patrick76777
07-11-2006, 01:01 PM

if you see the situation how you want to see it instead of how it actually is, you're ignoring reality. Notice how ignoring and ignorant have the same root word.

Being there during the down times will make the good times so much sweeter!

Mr. Pink
07-11-2006, 01:03 PM
1- I dont look "down" on someone that I consider a "homer", I just simply disagree with them on their views of the football team.

2- Thurm, I dont have the need for negativety to run my life. I love the Buffalo Bills and actually for once LIKE what they're doing with this team. I just simply think they're going to be garbage this year if you judge them by wins and losses (which I've said more than once I'm not judging this team THIS year on w's and L's).

3- Can't win with some of you people. If I predict the Bills will go 3-13 this year and i'm wrong, you stick it in my face. If I'm right, then I'm a Bills hater because I foreseen it coming.

4- If you want to be a homer to keep you optimistic going into the season I have no problem with that. Just remember at season's end how silly you'll look then for saying this team is in any kind of way a contender now.

5- Jan Reimers, I totallly agree with you. I would be sick to my stomach if the Bills left Buffalo, I dont think they are going to leave Buffalo nor would I ever hope for that to happen.

BEST POST ON THIS THREAD :clap:

Jan Reimers
07-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Now you're coming around. Great post!

Earthquake Enyart
07-11-2006, 01:07 PM
What is stupid is to ruin the entire Bills football experience for the season before it even begins....
:bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 01:09 PM
For some football is more than just entertainment.. For some it is also business. As someone who writes and every once in a while gets paid for it, I'm much better off living in Buffalo when the Bills and Sabres are winning.
I wouldn't call it business if you get paid every once in awhile. If it is your everyday job then sure.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 01:10 PM

Well us Homers DO look down on the "realists" SO THERE

EricStratton
07-11-2006, 01:11 PM

Are you really seeing things as they are Op. It’s now July 11, almost 2 months until the ball is in the air for the teams first game and their hasn’t been 5 minutes of training camp yet you have decided on the outcome of every positional battle, coaches call and player development.

A year ago the Bears were dogs and they won the division, the Jets were a SB pick and they picked 4th in the draft and the Giants were a last place team with an unproven quarterback.

This notion that you are being a realist is garbage at this point in the year. Maybe you’ll be dead on with all your predictions and opinions but there is as good a chance as any you won’t be.

patmoran2006
07-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Getting paid once a day, once a week, or once a YEAR is still BUSINESS ......and the point being I'd much RATHER have the Bills be a WINNER than a LOSER on the field.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Are you really seeing things as they are Op. It’s now July 11, almost 2 months until the ball is in the air for the teams first game and their hasn’t been 5 minutes of training camp yet you have decided on the outcome of every positional battle, coaches call and player development.

A year ago the Bears were dogs and they won the division, the Jets were a SB pick and they picked 4th in the draft and the Giants were a last place team with an unproven quarterback.

This notion that you are being a realist is garbage at this point in the year. Maybe you’ll be dead on with all your predictions and opinions but there is as good a chance as any you won’t be.
That you earned you a spot at the head table sir!

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Getting paid once a day, once a week, or once a YEAR is still BUSINESS ......and the point being I'd much RATHER have the Bills be a WINNER than a LOSER on the field.
Doesn't negativity sell in America? I think it does.

Earthquake Enyart
07-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Let me know what idiot pays you and I'll never buy another one of their products ever.

Patrick76777
and the point being I'd much RATHER have the Bills be a WINNER than a LOSER on the field.

I think we all feel that way!

Earthquake Enyart
Doesn't negativity sell in America? I think it does.
It's stupid sports radio that has turned everything sour. :blah:

They have nothing to talk about, so let's rag on the Bills and Sabres.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Let me know what idiot pays you and I'll never buy another one of their products ever.
I haven't LOLd at a post so hard in many moons!!!!

Patrick76777
07-11-2006, 01:15 PM
It's stupid sports radio that has turned everything sour. :blah:

They have nothing to talk about, so let's rag on the Bills and Sabres.

Sports Radio is the worst. I can't stand that stuff. but I need it for the updates.

L.A. Playa
07-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I think there are too many football "evangelists" here trying to convert the weak in mind that their opinion is the only true opinion and they can show you the way to the truth and the light

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Sports radio is for Ahole Realists.

Patrick76777

I'm a simple man. Without many wants, but I need to hang out with EE at some point in my life. It just has to happen.

THATHURMANATOR
I think there are too many football "evangelists" here trying to convert the week in mind that their opinion is the only true opinion and they can show you the way to the truth and the light
And you are correct my friend! As a Homer you can think whatever you would like without consequence!

justasportsfan
07-11-2006, 01:26 PM
What's fun about kidding yourself with unrealistic expectations? That's just stupid.

OP, I think you are mistaking those who view football as a form of entertainment and those who are betting their house on it.

It almost seems like it's your duty to shove down people's throats about what they should feel about watching games. Yes, it's a game. You forget that sometimes especially when what's being said on a message board bothers you.

Why do you insist on making people view the team the way you do? Right now you are misrable about the state of the bills. I guess it's true when they say misery loves company. It's almost like you feel it's not fair that people are excited about a new season and that they should feel miserable about it like you.

patmoran2006
07-11-2006, 01:27 PM

Expected, coming from someone with an Ozzie Guillen avatar.

Though truthfully, was kinda funny.. heh.

Earthquake Enyart
07-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Expected, coming from someone with an Ozzie Guillen avatar.

Though truthfully, was kinda funny.. heh.
I was serious.

Still am.

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 01:48 PM

there is a chance I won't be, sure, but I wouldnt' say as good as one.

Do you really think Peerless Price has as good a chance of contributing as he does of being the same disappointment he's been the last three seasons? Do you really think Dick Jauron has the same chance of being an excellent coach as he does a chance of being just as unsuccessful here as he was in Chicago? There's a chance, but it's certainly not 50/50.

Last year's Bears, last year's Jets and last year's Giants are not this year's Bills. What some other team in some other year did with some other group of coaches and players has no bearing on the Bills this year.

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
OP, I think you are mistaking those who view football as a form of entertainment and those who are betting their house on it.

It almost seems like it's your duty to shove down people's throats about what they should feel about watching games. Yes, it's a game. You forget that sometimes especially when what's being said on a message board bothers you.

Why do you insist on making people view the team the way you do? Right now you are misrable about the state of the bills. I guess it's true when they say misery loves company. It's almost like you feel it's not fair that people are excited about a new season and that they should feel miserable about it like you.

because I'm convinced that I'm right and I can't figure out why anyone would choose to be wrong. It doesn't make sense to me. If I honestly thought this team was good, I'd be just as adamant about convincing the pessimists to agree with me.

patmoran2006
07-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Anyone who calls themself a "realist" when its the MIDDLE OF JULY should call themselves a "******" instead.

NOBODY knows how the Bills will be this year.. My logic and common sense tells me that they wont be good.. But I dont call myself a realist.. I call myself a bills fan who thinks the Bills will suck.. Interpret it anyway you want.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 01:54 PM
there is a chance I won't be, sure, but I wouldnt' say as good as one.

Do you really think Peerless Price has as good a chance of contributing as he does of being the same disappointment he's been the last three seasons? Do you really think Dick Jauron has the same chance of being an excellent coach as he does a chance of being just as unsuccessful here as he was in Chicago? There's a chance, but it's certainly not 50/50.

Last year's Bears, last year's Jets and last year's Giants are not this year's Bills. What some other team in some other year did with some other group of coaches and players has no bearing on the Bills this year.
Since you are so much better with percentages instead of 50/50 what will it be?

patmoran2006
07-11-2006, 01:55 PM

for every 2005 Chicago Bears there are teams like the Cardinals and Bengals, who spent an entire decade sucking.

djjimkelly
07-11-2006, 01:56 PM
just keep in mind some of the non-homers are every bit as much a Bills fan as the Homers.

The one difference IMO being a tad more realistic regarding team expectations.

however the doom and gloomers area bit much much in the same way the super homers are

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Anyone who calls themself a "realist" when its the MIDDLE OF JULY should call themselves a "******" instead.

NOBODY knows how the Bills will be this year.. My logic and common sense tells me that they wont be good.. But I dont call myself a realist.. I call myself a bills fan who thinks the Bills will suck.. Interpret it anyway you want.

that's bull****. If you follow logic and common sense to arrive at your conclusion, you're being realistic. If you follow emotion and your love of the team, then you're a homer.

Is it realistic to expect this team to make the playoffs? If the answer is "No" and some people expect that we will, they are not realists.

You said yourself in this thread that you thought you were being a "bit more realistic"

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 01:58 PM
that's bull****. If you follow logic and common sense to arrive at your conclusion, you're being realistic. If you follow emotion and your love of the team, then you're a homer.

Is it realistic to expect this team to make the playoffs? If the answer is "No" and some people expect that we will, they are not realists.

You said yourself in this thread that you thought you were being a "bit more realistic"
NOpe.

ICE74129
07-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Oh you mean to many realists? Nah never enough of us.

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Since you are so much better with percentages instead of 50/50 what will it be?

just because I'm part Italian doesn't mean I can run numbers like a bookie. Racist.

Seriously, I don't know how to come up with exact percentages but I think it's far more likely that the past trends will continue than reverse themselves. If I had to speculate, I'd say it's at least a 75% chance that Jauron won't be any better here than he was in Chicago and at least a 90% chance that Price will be just as ineffectual here as he was in Atlanta and Dallas.

Earthquake Enyart
07-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Look, I can see a scenario where JP blows. Nall Blows. Holcomb dinks and dunks, both lines suck, the draft picks all suck, Jauron is a moron, and the Bills go 2-14.

I can also see a scenario where our schedule is easier than last year, playing 4 winnable games against the NFC Central instead of going 0-4 vs. NFC NASCAR. We go 4-2 in the division, and go 3-3 with the rest to go 11-5. That's doable too.

Why piss and moan now? LET"S SEE WHAT HAPPENS. This is our team. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Marv has at least earned that.

I'm not saying I won't be calling for his head someday, but I'm willing to watch preseason and SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Look, I can see a scenario where JP blows. Nall Blows. Holcomb dinks and dunks, both lines suck, the draft picks all suck, Jauron is a moron, and the Bills go 2-14.

I can also see a scenario where our schedule is easier than last year, playing 4 winnable games against the NFC Central instead of going 0-4 vs. NFC NASCAR. We go 4-2 in the division, and go 3-3 with the rest to go 11-5. That's doable too.

Why piss and moan now? LET"S SEE WHAT HAPPENS. This is our team. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Marv has at least earned that.

I'm not saying I won't be calling for his head someday, but I'm willing to watch preseason and SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

lmao at "NFC NASCAR"- that's funny ****.

justasportsfan
07-11-2006, 02:12 PM
because I'm convinced that I'm right and I can't figure out why anyone would choose to be wrong. It doesn't make sense to me. If I honestly thought this team was good, I'd be just as adamant about convincing the pessimists to agree with me.

Dude what's the lotto numbers?

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 02:13 PM
just because I'm part Italian doesn't mean I can run numbers like a bookie. Racist.

Seriously, I don't know how to come up with exact percentages but I think it's far more likely that the past trends will continue than reverse themselves. If I had to speculate, I'd say it's at least a 75% chance that Jauron won't be any better here than he was in Chicago and at least a 90% chance that Price will be just as ineffectual here as he was in Atlanta and Dallas.
I am half Italian so what?

I say that Jauron has a 73% chance of doing well here and Price hast a 44% chance of doing well.

Earthquake Enyart
07-11-2006, 02:14 PM
52% for Price.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 02:15 PM

Pretty much all us homers would agree with this. We just don't want to ruin everything before it starts.

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Dude what's the lotto numbers?

um, last time I checked there was absolutely nothing to use for gauging what the lotto number will be. It's a complete guess.

Football is not the same. You have last year's records, players' and coaches past performances, the strength of the schedule, experience, strength of the division etc. It's certainly not 100% but it's a LOT of information to use in formulating an opinion- unlike a lotto number which is just a shot in the dark.

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 02:16 PM
I am half Italian so what?

I say that Jauron has a 73% chance of doing well here and Price hast a 44% chance of doing well.

Jauron has a 73% chance based on what? His 4 losing seasons and 1 winning one? I'd say it should be a lot lower than that.

justasportsfan
07-11-2006, 02:21 PM
um, last time I checked there was absolutely nothing to use for gauging what the lotto number will be. It's a complete guess.

Football is not the same. You have last year's records, players' and coaches past performances, the strength of the schedule, experience, strength of the division etc. It's certainly not 100% but it's a LOT of information to use in formulating an opinion- unlike a lotto number which is just a shot in the dark.I understand. The problem is you keep insisting you're right which is why I ask for a more detailed prediction if you're so sure of yourself.

You aren't always right. You've been wrong a few times in your predictions last year. Some of which were way off.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Jauron has a 73% chance based on what? His 4 losing seasons and 1 winning one? I'd say it should be a lot lower than that.
Well I would say it should be 73%.

Earthquake Enyart
07-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Well I would say it should be 73%.
Good enough for me.

A little low on Price though. :couch:

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 02:25 PM
I have updated price to 57% after thinking about it more.

justasportsfan
07-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Jauron has a 73% chance based on what? His 4 losing seasons and 1 winning one? I'd say it should be a lot lower than that.I'd say based on the staff that's been assembled around him. A GM who's got his back unlike the GM who wanted to bring in his own people when he was w/ Chicago.

Again, your logic is, guys like Marv, Vermiel , BB having losing records with other teams succeeded eventually under different circumstances. Now that Dick is under a different circumstance all of a sudden it doesn't apply to him.

Either ways, it may not happen this year but it will be fun poking at you once we succeed. Yes, I say in 2-3 years time, we'll be contending :D. Call me a homer all you want even though it's 2-3 years down the road. Don't tell me you can also look that far and that you are already right this early.

Jan Reimers
07-11-2006, 02:29 PM

Nah, that makes too much sense.

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 02:30 PM
I understand. The problem is you keep insisting you're right which is why I ask for a more detailed prediction if you're so sure of yourself.

You aren't always right. You've been wrong a few times in your predictions last year. Some of which were way off.

right, but generally I was correct. I was wrong about Lindell but I was right in my overall assessment.

I'm sure I'll be wrong about some of the more specific things I said- maybe McGahee will play his heart out, maybe Jauron will be a spectacular coach, maybe Price will have 60 catches and 8 TD's- those kinds of things.

But generally speaking as far as how the season will go, I honestly believe this team will be south of .500 and I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that. Frankly I'm surprised there aren't more people who agree.

Mitchy moo
07-11-2006, 02:32 PM
right, but generally I was correct. I was wrong about Lindell but I was right in my overall assessment.

I'm sure I'll be wrong about some of the more specific things I said- maybe McGahee will play his heart out, maybe Jauron will be a spectacular coach, maybe Price will have 60 catches and 8 TD's- those kinds of things.

But generally speaking as far as how the season will go, I honestly believe this team will be south of .500 and I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that. Frankly I'm surprised there aren't more people who agree.

We have a better schedule than last year, some contracts coming up and some franchise tags out there , so we'll be better.

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 02:32 PM
I'd say based on the staff that's been assembled around him. A GM who's got his back unlike the GM who wanted to bring in his own people when he was w/ Chicago.

Again, your logic is, guys like Marv, Vermiel , BB having losing records with other teams succeeded eventually under different circumstances. Now that Dick is under a different circumstance all of a sudden it doesn't apply to him.

Either ways, it may not happen this year but it will be fun poking at you once we succeed. Yes, I say in 2-3 years time, we'll be contending :D. Call me a homer all you want even though it's 2-3 years down the road. Don't tell me you can also look that far and that you are already right this early.

I think there's a good chance that we'll be contending in 2-3 years. It really depends on three things: Jauron, ow the draft turns out and whether or not JP gets it. If we have to start the QB or coaching search over and if we don't have good drafts, we'll still be struggling. But otherwise, this team is young and there is no reason why they shouldn't be competing in 2-3 years.

justasportsfan
07-11-2006, 02:41 PM

But generally speaking as far as how the season will go, I honestly believe this team will be south of .500 and I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that. Frankly I'm surprised there aren't more people who agree. It's not hard to be right "generally" when your players quit on your team. It also isn't rocket science to predict a bad season with a rookie qb. Like I've said, anytime your best OL was a rookie FA converted form TE, your team is in trouble.

Now that we're in rebuild mode, it's easy once again to make a general prediction that we are going to struggle.

Wait, now you've retracted your opinion about Jauron to MAYBE? Price? I thought you were so sure. Don't let me down OP. You're my favorite pessimist. :D .

Mr. Pink
07-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I think there's a 73% chance that dinosaurs will roam the Earth again starting tomorrow.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 02:45 PM
I think there's a 73% chance that dinosaurs will roam the Earth again starting tomorrow.
You should change your screen name to BadTimesBoO!

justasportsfan
07-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I think there's a 73% chance that dinosaurs will roam the Earth again starting tomorrow.This is where you are soooo wrong. There's already one posting in this very thread

:couch:

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 02:48 PM
It's not hard to be right "generally" when your players quit on your team. It also isn't rocket science to predict a bad season with a rookie qb. Like I've said, anytime your best OL was a rookie FA converted form TE, your team is in trouble.

Now that we're in rebuild mode, it's easy once again to make a general prediction that we are going to struggle.

Wait, now you've retracted your opinion about Jauron to MAYBE? Price? I thought you were so sure. Don't let me down OP. You're my favorite pessimist. :D .

Oh don't misunderstand. I still don't have confidence in Jauron or Price- I'm just admitting the possibility that I could be wrong.

Mr. Pink
07-11-2006, 02:49 PM
You should change your screen name to BadTimesBoO!

Donate me some cashola and I'll do it up, in homage to you!

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Sure how much money is it?

Mr. Pink
07-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Says 1000 zonebucks for me to change it!

justasportsfan
07-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Oh don't misunderstand. I still don't have confidence in Jauron or Price- I'm just admitting the possibility that I could be wrong. This is what I've been trying to tell you all this time but you insists you are right. The homers too could be wrong and could be right. Had you said that before we wouldn't have gone back and forth :pound:

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 02:58 PM
This is what I've been trying to tell you all this time but you insists you are right. The homers too could be wrong and could be right. Had you said that before we wouldn't have gone back and forth :pound:

all I'm saying is that if you look at the limited information we have available, it's more likely that I'm right than I'm wrong. There's a chance that I could be completely wrong and the Bills will go 12-4 and get a first round bye and that would be great, but it sure as hell ain't likely.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Says 1000 zonebucks for me to change it!
Done!

justasportsfan
07-11-2006, 03:05 PM
all I'm saying is that if you look at the limited information we have available, it's more likely that I'm right than I'm wrong. There's a chance that I could be completely wrong and the Bills will go 12-4 and get a first round bye and that would be great, but it sure as hell ain't likely.and I agree with you. My prediction is anywhere from 7-9 to 8-8 but unlike you I do not insist that people who predict 9-7 are wrong nor do I call them homers because as you have admitted that we could be wrong and they could be right. I also do not shoot down people who are excited about the change and like the draft.

Mr. Pink
07-11-2006, 03:07 PM
1000 for the user title in homage to thurm...but 50 k to change my username! Long way to go...

finsrclowns
07-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Oh don't misunderstand. I still don't have confidence in Jauron or Price

How could we possibly misunderstand?:rrich:

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 03:11 PM
1000 for the user title in homage to thurm...but 50 k to change my username! Long way to go...

you can try soliciting donations from these people:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/vbplaza.php?do=richestusers

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2006, 03:22 PM
The title is fine. I don't have that kind of cash!

The_Philster
07-11-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't mind fans being negative - or, in their words, realistic - about our chances on the field. But I have to wonder about those who seem to revel in the idea of the Bills leaving Buffalo, and not being able to wait to jam it down our throats if it happens.

Are those real Bills' fans?No..they certainly are not :down:

What is stupid is to ruin the entire Bills football experience for the season before it even begins....:bf1: Excellent post, Corey

In all honesty, I think making the playoffs is a long shot at best...but I'm still hoping to see a 19-0 season. Unrealistic? yes...but Bills games are supposed to be fun...it's no fun backing someone you expect to lose.

jmb1099
07-11-2006, 04:37 PM

I think parts of this post hit the nail right on the head
"I don't know how to come up with exact percentages"
"I think its far more likely that the past trends will continue"
"If I had to speculate"
You are doing the exact same thing you say the homers do to prove your points by arriving to your conclusions based on your opinions.

Mitchy moo
07-11-2006, 04:50 PM
The title is fine. I don't have that kind of cash!

I'll just take some rep, it's free to give.

!Papacrunk!
07-11-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm not saying Jauron is Wanny, but I remember a bunch of us fans making excuses for Wanny and the team, going into and throughout the 4-12 season. As much as we hated hearing it, some of the "realists" were right about a decent amount of things. Of course they could be overly negative as well, but I guess a person has as much right to be positive as a person has the same right to have views that can be perceived as negative or unpopular.