• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

My final summary for what's taking place on the board here

(I know, "no expectations," and I agree. But still there is hope.) Why? Because for the first time in years it sounds as if the members of this board - many of whom really do know football - and the Bills organization are on the same page. What the fans see is the same team and the same problems that Marv and Jauron and the staff see. Marv and his team looked at last year and saw conditioning problems. They looked at the O-line and saw square pegs in round holes, road-grader guards being asked to trap block on play after play. They looked at both lines and they saw sumo wrestlers where they wanted athletes.

So, they went into Free Agency and the draft looking for quickness, speed and youth. They got a new conditioning coordinator who trained under Rusty Jones. Will this all pay off on the field? I think so. At the moment it is certainly paying off in good public relations. This board is a good weathervane of fan sentiment, and on the whole it is upbeat about what is going on. It sees a management that seems to be awake and alive and shares its understanding of the team.

I find the whole quarterback controversy bunk. If the Bills get the defense squared away and solidify the o-line, it shouldn't matter as much whether Losman or Holcomb is at QB. It should be prepared to win with either one, and may even have to since quarterbacks do go down. The wins will look different; they bring different skills to the table. But I feel a lot more secure having both of them in the line up.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: My final summary for what's taking place on the board here

Well?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I like it, Skooby, but I will still feel better if JP is the QB.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

I don't care who's the QB (minus KH), as long as the position produces.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
          I find the whole quarterback controversy bunk. If the Bills get the defense squared away and solidify the o-line, it shouldn't matter as much whether Losman or Holcomb is at QB. It should be prepared to win with either one, and may even have to since quarterbacks do go down. The wins will look different; they bring different skills to the table. But I feel a lot more secure having both of them in the line up.
          bad offensive play will hurt the defense, so it does matter who's at the QB spot and what talent they have. Unless it's some extremely superb out of this world defense, a tired defense who is always on the field because the offense can't score/take up time will be taken advantage of. IMO.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
            bad offensive play will hurt the defense, so it does matter who's at the QB spot and what talent they have. Unless it's some extremely superb out of this world defense, a tired defense who is always on the field because the offense can't score/take up time will be taken advantage of. IMO.
            You guys had Marino and he had the most yards ever but never won the big one. He got there once and never got to go back after all those yards, go figure. Now if this statement "so it does matter who's at the QB spot and what talent they have" didn't hold true for the greatest passing QB ever, it isn't true. JP has talent or he wouldn't be playing pro ball. KH has talent as well and had flashes of brilliance but how many 5 yards passes in 8 yard situations can we take? I think we all need rethink this whole thing, what are we playing for? To win the SB. I don't care if Mike Willams is our QB if we win the SB, shoot I'll take him out and feed him myself.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
              • Mar 2004

You guys had Marino and he had the most yards ever but never won the big one. He got there once and never got to go back after all those yards, go figure. Now if this statement "so it does matter who's at the QB spot and what talent they have" didn't hold true for the greatest passing QB ever, it isn't true. JP has talent or he wouldn't be playing pro ball. KH has talent as well and had flashes of brilliance but how many 5 yards passes in 8 yard situations can we take? I think we all need rethink this whole thing, what are we playing for? To win the SB. I don't care if Mike Willams is our QB if we win the SB, shoot I'll take him out and feed him myself.
              Last year's Bills is the best example to my above statement. Even w/ the loss of Spikes, which was big, the defense really suffered from the lack of offense from the Bills. It's just common sense that if you have an offense that can't eat up a lot of time and let the defense rest, and also score enough points that makes the defense call the shots for the rest of the game, it's tough to be competitive.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

I find the whole quarterback controversy bunk. If the Bills get the defense squared away and solidify the o-line, it shouldn't matter as much whether Losman or Holcomb is at QB. It should be prepared to win with either one
                That right there shows a complete lack of football understanding.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  That right there shows a complete lack of football understanding.
                  What I am saying here is whoever is starting with the right tools around them has to be prepared to succeed. We need a consistent person behind center and I really think that we have no one, so having 2 players ready to play in case one goes down is a good idea. Remember Brady came off the bench and made the pats the greatest team?

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                    • Mar 2004

Remember Brady came off the bench and made the pats the greatest team?
                    Good thing you guys have Brady as your 3rd string QB. Wait.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                      • Feb 2005

all right... who are you and what have you done with the real Skooby?

This is actually a relativly intelegent thread by the Skoob...... has someone hijacked his handle?

nice job skoob :)
                      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

Working...
                      X