PDA

View Full Version : Jags to cut Mike Williams already?

BidsJr
07-11-2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/jaguars/index.html

Didn't take them long.:rrich:

G. Host
07-11-2006, 10:11 PM
MIGHT cut him. Pure speculation. The writer has a rich friend.

OpIv37
07-11-2006, 10:46 PM
now why would they do that? According to John Doe, Mike Williams is a "veteran performer"

Amare
07-11-2006, 11:17 PM
**** that fat ****!

Jan Reimers
07-12-2006, 04:26 AM
The guy is given a HUGE second chance, and he shows up at 400 pounds? I think that says it all.

Jan Reimers
07-12-2006, 04:31 AM
Williams should hire Richard Simmons, but he'd probably eat the little guy.

John Doe
07-12-2006, 05:34 AM
now why would they do that? According to John Doe, Mike Williams is a "veteran performer"

Mike Williams is a veteran performer. He is just not a particularly good one.

Why do the sourpusses on this board feel the need to distort the opinions of others in order to try to prove their own?

Didn't you post this about me in another thread?

No thanks. I'm done with him. There is no point in talking with someone who makes excuses for mediocre moves by the team and mediocre performances by players.

If you are so "done" with me then why do you keep calling me out?

YardRat
07-12-2006, 05:41 AM
Some people always need to learn things the hard way.

ICE74129
07-12-2006, 06:47 AM
400 friggin pounds? Wow and to think, I caught hell over knowing this guy was total crap from day one. Go figure,:bandwagon

Jan Reimers
07-12-2006, 06:52 AM
400 friggin pounds? Wow and to think, I caught hell over knowing this guy was total crap from day one. Go figure,:bandwagon
Your clairvoyance is astonishing. Are you related to The Great Karnac?:dance:

BidsJr
07-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Williams should hire Richard Simmons, but he'd probably eat the little guy.

GET IN MY BELLY!!!:rrich:

madness
07-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Just another sign that the former regime had no ****ing clue whatsoever.

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Why do the sourpusses on this board feel the need to distort the opinions of others in order to try to prove their own?

Didn't you post this about me in another thread?

If you are so "done" with me then why do you keep calling me out?

you're right- it was a cheap shot. My bad.

BillsFever21
07-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Just another sign that the former regime had no ****ing clue whatsoever.

A lot of regimes must not have known what they were doing then. Everyone thought it was a great choice when it was made. He was one of the biggest hyped tackles to come out in a long time.

This is a case of wasted talent. He got his money and instead of running with it to success in the NFL he decided to eat his way out of the NFL.

Nobody was to blame for this except for Mike Williams himself. More proof that they money the top drafted rookies are getting shouldn't be happening. They are signing contracts like they have proved themselves for 3 years in the NFL and are one of the best in the game.

madness
07-12-2006, 08:55 AM
A lot of regimes must not have known what they were doing then. Everyone thought it was a great choice when it was made. He was one of the biggest hyped tackles to come out in a long time.

This is a case of wasted talent. He got his money and instead of running with it to success in the NFL he decided to eat his way out of the NFL.

Nobody was to blame for this except for Mike Williams himself. More proof that they money the top drafted rookies are getting shouldn't be happening. They are signing contracts like they have proved themselves for 3 years in the NFL and are one of the best in the game.

I'm not knocking the pick itself. Heck, I was right on board with everybody thinking he was going to be a star. I'm knocking the evaluation of talent from year to year. If TD and MM were still here, this guy would still be on the roster.

bigbub2352
07-12-2006, 09:21 AM
he is a slob

ICE74129
07-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Your clairvoyance is astonishing. Are you related to The Great Karnac?:dance:

I said he was a POS coming out of college, Saw him get his ass beat repeatedly buy guys that never made it to the pro level. Tons of reports talking about his character or lack there of. Fat, Lazy, immature.

Now was I wrong?

EricStratton
07-12-2006, 09:38 AM
I said he was a POS coming out of college,

Link?

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 09:42 AM
and to think we had slugs like Williams, and Anderson starting for us last year. Hard to imagine our line being better this year.....

Captain gameboy
07-12-2006, 09:49 AM
I said he was a POS coming out of college, Saw him get his ass beat repeatedly buy guys that never made it to the pro level. Tons of reports talking about his character or lack there of.

I don't remember a thing about reports questioning his character.
I remember non stop talk about his work ethic coming from his dad etc.

Not saying they were't out there, I'm just saying I don't rmember them, and the scrutiny at the time was pretty intense.
I do remember those comments about Bryant McKinnie though, and he was the other option.

Historian
07-12-2006, 10:24 AM
I don't remember a thing about reports questioning his character.
I do remember those comments about Bryant McKinnie though, and he was the other option.

Exactly.

The Bills took him over McKinney because of his positive attitude.

He just wanted to play.

Unfortunately, I think after a few nagging injuries, and some bad pub. he said to himself, I give up.

Jeff1220
07-12-2006, 10:26 AM
If I remember correctly, MW rarely (if ever) "got his ass beat in college". He was a dominant RT who protected Simms' blindside. That is how he came to be the ultra-hyped 4th pick in the draft/1st OL taken that year.

Jan Reimers
07-12-2006, 10:33 AM
I think Williams is mostly a victim of that tragic medical/glandular condition known as TOF - The Overactive Fork.

FlyingDutchman
07-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I still cant believe we passed on Mckinnie

Michael82
07-12-2006, 11:59 AM
He's nothing special and wouldn't have signed a deal with us for that long anyways. Didn't he hold out for half the season or something?

Michael82
07-12-2006, 12:04 PM
:rofl: Check this out.... :(

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width=220 border=0><TBODY><TR><TH bgColor=#000000>CNNSI.com's Pat Kirwan</TH></TR><!-- /TITLE --><!-- DATA --><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#e7e7e7><TD>Agent David Dunn represents Joey Harrington and Mike Williams, so he has plenty of work to do. Williams is the best right tackle in the draft and what is important to remember is that he played with a lefthanded quarterback and consequently was the backside blocker much like a left tackle is for a righthanded quarterback.

Mike is the best run-blocking tackle in the draft who can get movement on a defensive lineman. He has an outstanding punch which will help him against big left defensive ends in the NFL. There are some issues about his pass blocking against speed rushers from the outside, but they're minimal.

This is a solid, safe pick who will start for 10-15 years. Only negative I heard is his ability to take care of his weight. Some think he could become Aaron Gibson and eat himself out of the league. I don't share that view.

This is exactly how Tom Donahoe builds a football team. Now, Williams teams up with free-agent signing Trey Teague at left tackle to give the Bills the best tackle tandems in the league.

They'll run the ball better and the protection will be better, and the Bills, with 11 picks in this draft, are on their way to a recovery in 2002.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2002/draft/news/2002/04/20/bills_draft_ap/

Historian
07-12-2006, 12:12 PM
This is exactly how Tom Donahoe builds a football team.

How prophetic that statement turned out to be, huh?

Mr. Miyagi
07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
This just goes to show how the so-called experts are just guessing like everyone else.

Captain gameboy
07-12-2006, 12:23 PM
If I remember correctly, MW rarely (if ever) "got his ass beat in college". He was a dominant RT who protected Simms' blindside. That is how he came to be the ultra-hyped 4th pick in the draft/1st OL taken that year.

That is exactly how I remember it. He was a zero risk tackle ex the weight thing.
That is why I questionsed Ice's post.
I just don't remember the Mike Williams package containing the two elements of getting beat and bad character.

eeyyeeddoogg
07-12-2006, 05:33 PM
He was all about football character, he had none of it.
He was/is unmotivated, undiciplined, doesn't love the game, doesn't work hard, doesn't have the edge/mean streak to him and basically is a 400 lb. pussy.

One hell of a pick TD. Maybe before you pay a guy millions you might want to dig a little into his background and character.

zone
07-12-2006, 05:59 PM
I think this is why Levy is making a point of trying to get guys in here that are not going to give up at the first sign of adversity guys with character, class, and a will to win.; not guys that fill stadium seats.

I remember watching the Bills in the early 90’s and no matter what the score was always thinking there is a way we can win this, we never gave up. I think that is the major part of every fans frustration, as of late when a team got up on us we never circled the wagons.

Luisito23
07-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm just glad this disgusting slob is no longer a Bill...

GO BILLS!!!!

!Papacrunk!
07-12-2006, 06:06 PM
maybe Williams LOVED college football, but hated professional football. His passion for football may have ended when his college career was over, just didn't have the same heart for it. One would think that millions of dollars would be enough initiative to find that "heart" but then again some peeps have a large salary and still hate their jobs.

eeyyeeddoogg
07-12-2006, 06:11 PM
He doesn't even have to love football really but he does have to at least apply his fat lazy ass.

Jeff1220
07-12-2006, 08:18 PM

And Levi Jones is the best of the 3. Cincy got ridiculed for picking him at 10 - after MW and BM (sort of the same way the Bills Whitner pick was ridiculed this year).

HHURRICANE
07-12-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm not knocking the pick itself. Heck, I was right on board with everybody thinking he was going to be a star. I'm knocking the evaluation of talent from year to year. If TD and MM were still here, this guy would still be on the roster.

If you pick well and it turns out badly it is still you fault. TD sucked whether he had bad luck or not. It doesn't matter. That's life.

Mitchy moo
07-12-2006, 09:47 PM
He was all about football character, he had none of it.
He was/is unmotivated, undiciplined, doesn't love the game, doesn't work hard, doesn't have the edge/mean streak to him and basically is a 400 lb. pussy.

One hell of a pick TD. Maybe before you pay a guy millions you might want to dig a little into his background and character.

He just needs a stip in his contract where he can't spend all of his millions on food, lol.