X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills fans, don't hold your breath for Brady Quinn

According to prevailing wisdom in the curious realm of pro football predictions, Buffalo Bills fans are going to have to wait until next spring to get excited about their team.

There’s a buzz among Bills fans that the team will be in position to draft Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn at the top the 2007 draft. This hope is being fueled by some national media outlets that are forecasting the Bills to be one of the NFL’s doormats in 2006.
    more

A potential superstar quarterback like Quinn may be exactly what this team needs. But with a sound defense and running game, a coach players like playing for, and what has been the best special teams in the league, the Bills are just too good to get him.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Bills fans, don't hold your breath for Brady Quinn

I won't be thinking about next years draft until we solidify our 2006 seasons fate.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

So, we are rebuilding to insert a rookie at QB? Jesus the stupidity is honestly staggering.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Why would we need Quinn when JP is going to have an All-Pro year - and career?
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
          So, we are rebuilding to insert a rookie at QB? Jesus the stupidity is honestly staggering.
          Obvioulsy if the Bills do finish with the worst record in the league, the QB experiment didn't work out. Yes, the stupidity is staggering.

Comment

• KMA
            Veteran Zoner
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            Why would we need Quinn when JP is going to have an All-Pro year - and career?
            Are we to assume that Losman stinks, Holcomb is washed up, and that Jauron and Levy's genius acquisition isn't what he's cracked up to be?

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

I have no comment.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

typical Buffalo mediocrity- not bad enough to get the best guys but not good enough to win.

Look, it goes like this: This is JP's year to make it or break it. If he doesn't improve significantly over the course of the season, he should be cut/traded etc- whatever gets him off the team. If that happens, we'll need to get the best QB available and we may just be in a position to make a move for Quinn.

As far as guys coming out of college, Quinn is probably the best one. He plays in an NFL style system with an ex NFL coach and ND plays quality teams almost every week. But it will still take him time to learn the NFL- at least 1 and possibly 2 years. Personally, my first preference would be for JP to come into his own this year, and my second preference would be to find a seasoned QB in FA- if those things don't happen, then I think Quinn would be a great addition. I'm just not looking forward to 2 more years of developing a QB- that will put us over a decade without a true franchise QB.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129

I know you love your boy JP, but would you honestly be upset if Buffalo drafted Brady Quinn next year?? I think Brady Quinn on the Bills would be bad news for the rest of the division, I've never got that feeling about JP.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

I"ll tell you this straight up and I could care less what anyone else thinks..

If the Bills are say, God forbid, 2-8 after 10 games.. I will root for them to lose the rest of their games and get the first pick in the draft... I think Brady Quinn is THAT good, and THAT marketable..

If we dont finish with the worst record, I hope a team like SF that doesnt want a QB does so we can trade up.. Brady Quinn is gonna be the man, and if we're gonna lose anyway this year, I hope he's a Buffalo Bill.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

As far as the article goes, I thought it was pretty right on. He makes some solid points about incentive and certain things falling into place for some players. Losman, and Spikes... those two have good years and who knows what could happen. If they don't, we will be hearing the name Brady Quinn quite a bit around here.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

If the Bills are say, God forbid, 2-8 after 10 games.. I will root for them to lose the rest of their games and get the first pick in the draft... I think Brady Quinn is THAT good, and THAT marketable..

If we dont finish with the worst record, I hope a team like SF that doesnt want a QB does so we can trade up.. Brady Quinn is gonna be the man, and if we're gonna lose anyway this year, I hope he's a Buffalo Bill.

I was in that position in 04 when the fins had the #2 overall, I was pulling for us to lose so we could get the #1 overall. The thing that sucked is the 05 draft didn't hold a candle to the 06 draft. I got a lot of grief from some fans because I was pulling for the fins to lose, but there comes a point in a bad season where another win is pointless and in the big picture the team would be better served to just lose to better position themselves in the draft. Some view this as a defeatest attitude, but it's more of a take your medicine now type of thinking. If in the long run you are able to add a player of Bradys caliber, then you tkae him. In order to be the best you have to have the best at as many positions as possible. It also gives you the chance to stockpile DP's if you have the #1 overall. Basically, you have a lot of options at your disposal for simply having the worst season in the league, a small price to pay for a possible 15 year HOF football player.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

possible 15 year HOF football player
                          I bolded the important part...because it'd be beyond idiotic to tank games at the end of the season and wind up drafting a bust
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• cordog
                            eat, drink, and be merry
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006

They say this every year with some QB, Vick, Bledsoe, the Mannings. How many rings have they won? Last year it was Leinhart, and look where he fell. Just wait till Indianapolis next march, someone will find something wrong with him.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Punch in 2007 Mock draft in your browser and see what some people have us picking.

Here's the 10 I looked at:

3. Buffalo Bills Drew Stanton - QB Michigan State

1. Buffalo Bills - Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

6. Buffalo Bills – Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech

2. Buffalo Bills - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame

Buffalo Bills (swap w/SF): Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame

Buffalo will finish ahead of the 49ers, but the team will be compelled to trade up to No. 1. The Bills can't afford pass up on Brady Quinn, especially since their current signal caller is the woeful J.P. Losman. However, given Buffalo's brutal track record in the draft, it will probably select someone like Akili Smith.

No. 2 Buffalo Bills
                              Brady Quinn
                              QB, Notre Dame
                              Tutored by Charlie Weis in an NFL-style offense, the 6-foot-4 Quinn will be coveted by pro teams searching for the next Tom Brady. The Irish QB passed for 3,919 yards and 32 touchdowns in 2005.

1. Buffalo Bills-Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
                              J.P. Losman is not the answer at quarterback for the Bills if they are picking first in the 2007 NFL Draft. The Bills could go in a different direction with the new coaching staff under Dick Jauron. Quinn is a franchise caliber quarterback who could step in immediately. The question arises, who would you rather have, Brady Quinn or J.P. Losman? I know my answer.

9> Buffalo Bills: Jake Long-OT-Michigan

10 Buffalo *Levi Brown OT Penn State

7. Joe Thomas - OT - Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
                              X