PDA

View Full Version : Here is one thing I don't get

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 08:04 AM
The past two seasons everyone had playoff expectations going into the season, although we really hadn't made any big upgrades going into each year. Now this season everyone has us pegged for last place yet we have made some nice moves and upgrades in players and in coaching. I don't get it....

Patrick76777
07-12-2006, 08:14 AM
The past two seasons everyone had playoff expectations going into the season, although we really hadn't made any big upgrades going into each year. Now this season everyone has us pegged for last place yet we have made some nice moves and upgrades in players and in coaching. I don't get it....

And don't forget, we had a really good team in 2004. Sure we beat some poor teams at the end of the season, but we killed these teams, and they were NFL teams. A few bounces at the beginning of that season and we would have easily won the WC.

Plus, we've shared a division with the best team in football for the last 5 years. It's kinda tough to win a division when the best team in the whole league is your competition.

NE has taken a bunch of hits the last few years and they should finally be mortal and back with the rest of the pack. If that happens, it’ll be nice not having the league powerhouse in our division.

Captain gameboy
07-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Two reasons, I think.

First, we didn't live up to those predictions, so once bitten- twice shy.
Second. No continuity at two critical spots. QB and coaching staff.

The Bills are a total unknown this year.

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 08:47 AM

First, going into 04 everyone thought the coaching was the problem- remember Kevin Killdrive and his complete inability to run the ball? The D and ST were tops in the league- we just needed a little bit of O. The lack of huge off-season acquisitions was not a problem.

Second, going into 05- the Bills had finished 04 on a hell of a winning streak (7-2 if I remember correctly) and came only one game short of the playoffs. The D remained intact except Pat Williams. We got Anderson for the OL (who turned out to be a bust but we didn't know that at the time) so we were supposed to be better there- the only real question mark going in was JP. (and for the record, I thought we were going to struggle last year- I'm sure Tatonka and justa remember the conversations).

Third, it takes a hell of a lot of upgrading to go from 5-11 to playoffs, and it's debatable how much upgrading we actually did. Let's go down the list

Coaching- Firing MM may be addition by subtraction, but Jauron has a losing record. I'll have to call this a push until we actually see Jauron coach.

QB- Push
RB- Mild upgrade with Thomas as a back-up
OL- Slightly upgraded but may not be enough
TE- this is one position that I think was truly upgraded
WR- worse than last year- too many ?'s

DE- Push
DT- I have to say worse here. We replaced Adams with Tripplett but we still only have one proven starter, some rookies, and the same garbage we had last year
LB- Push, may be better if TKO is ready
CB- Push- may have added depth with Youboty
S- This one's tough to call. We got younger and but also less experienced. Since we got Bowen, a #8 draft choice and a steal with Simpson, I'll call it improved.

ST- Push (but that's ok since we were best in the league last year).

IMO that's not a lot of upgrading over a 5-11 team.

BillsFever21
07-12-2006, 08:55 AM

Not everyone had expectations for this team going to the playoffs. I didn't get fooled by the 2004 finish. I could still tell Mularkey was a loser and we wern't going anywhere. I had us pegged for 6 or 7 wins last year.

As far as this year goes I don't see where these big upgrades are at. Most of them have never had an ounce of success in the NFL.

As far as the coaching upgrade goes...don't get too far ahead of yourself. Jauron had 4 horrible seasons out of 5. I recall most people thinking Mularkey was a huge upgrade too over Gregg Williams and look how that turned out.

Just brining in somebody different doesn't always mean it's an upgrade. Mike Mularkey is all the proof you need with that. Even Gregg Williams was proof to that. Everyone thought we were set because we got rid of Wade Phillips and we had a real coach now.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 08:56 AM
First, going into 04 everyone thought the coaching was the problem- remember Kevin Killdrive and his complete inability to run the ball? The D and ST were tops in the league- we just needed a little bit of O. The lack of huge off-season acquisitions was not a problem.

Second, going into 05- the Bills had finished 04 on a hell of a winning streak (7-2 if I remember correctly) and came only one game short of the playoffs. The D remained intact except Pat Williams. We got Anderson for the OL (who turned out to be a bust but we didn't know that at the time) so we were supposed to be better there- the only real question mark going in was JP. (and for the record, I thought we were going to struggle last year- I'm sure Tatonka and justa remember the conversations).

Third, it takes a hell of a lot of upgrading to go from 5-11 to playoffs, and it's debatable how much upgrading we actually did. Let's go down the list

Coaching- Firing MM may be addition by subtraction, but Jauron has a losing record. I'll have to call this a push until we actually see Jauron coach.

QB- Push
RB- Mild upgrade with Thomas as a back-up
OL- Slightly upgraded but may not be enough
TE- this is one position that I think was truly upgraded
WR- worse than last year- too many ?'s

DE- Push
DT- I have to say worse here. We replaced Adams with Tripplett but we still only have one proven starter, some rookies, and the same garbage we had last year
LB- Push, may be better if TKO is ready
CB- Push- may have added depth with Youboty
S- This one's tough to call. We got younger and but also less experienced. Since we got Bowen, a #8 draft choice and a steal with Simpson, I'll call it improved.

ST- Push (but that's ok since we were best in the league last year).

IMO that's not a lot of upgrading over a 5-11 team.
How is DT worse? Adams barely played. We added 2 young quick Dlinemen in Mcargo and Tripplet.

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 09:03 AM
How is DT worse? Adams barely played. We added 2 young quick Dlinemen in Mcargo and Tripplet.

last year, we had one proven starter in Adams and we got pushed all over the field. He didn't play a lot at the end, but he did play a lot at the beginning of the season. This year, we still have only one proven starter- Tripplett. Now, if McCargo starts next to Tripplett (and many people say he won't- they'll rotate), then this position could be better. If he doesn't, Tripplett/McCargo next to Anderson/Sape/Jefferson is no better than Adams next to Anderson/Sape/Jefferson, which is what got us killed last year.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 09:07 AM
How can you give that explanation and say you think they will be worse?

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 09:11 AM
How can you give that explanation and say you think they will be worse?

because I don't think Tripplett is as good as Adams- he's just a better fit for the system. And DT is a heavy rotation position so it's likely that both McCargo and Tripplett will be on the bench at some point. Jefferson and Sape at DT scares the **** out of me.

Jan Reimers
07-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Two reasons, I think.

First, we didn't live up to those predictions, so once bitten- twice shy.
Second. No continuity at two critical spots. QB and coaching staff.

The Bills are a total unknown this year.
I agree, and also think it's because we didn't do the blockbuster moves like Bledsoe, Spikes, Milloy, et. al. We went more for young, motivated, solid FAs and draft picks, who many people assume will be of little help this year or, in the minds of some "realists," ever.

Just like many feel JP is a bust after an 8 start career.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 09:19 AM
because I don't think Tripplett is as good as Adams- he's just a better fit for the system. And DT is a heavy rotation position so it's likely that both McCargo and Tripplett will be on the bench at some point. Jefferson and Sape at DT scares the **** out of me.
Adams was a waste last year.

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Adams was a waste last year.

not at the beginning of the year, and we still got pushed all over the field. It went from bad to worse when he got benched.

ICE74129
07-12-2006, 09:27 AM

The fact this question is being asked shows why I say most here are lacking knowledge of the game.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 09:29 AM
The fact this question is being asked shows why I say most here are lacking knowledge of the game.
I know as much if not more than yourself!

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 09:31 AM
If you really think about it ICE if you realists has so much more football knowledge you would have warned us about how bad they were going to be the last 2 seasons....

ICE74129
07-12-2006, 09:35 AM
I know as much if not more than yourself!

Not if you have to ask the question that started this thread.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Not if you have to ask the question that started this thread.
Yes even if I asked that question.

ICE74129
07-12-2006, 09:38 AM
If you really think about it ICE if you realists has so much more football knowledge you would have warned us about how bad they were going to be the last 2 seasons....

Some of us did. I flat said, and got ripped for it, that this team was going to be in deep **** this year. The Pittsburgh game in 04 showed it. Playing the easiest schedule in the NFL in 04 and STILL couldn't make the playoffs? Against that schedule anyone worth a damn should have been 12-4. We limp to 9-7 and lose AT HOME the final game against another teams backups.

some of us screamed bloody murder when TD was hired. We knew he was a joke in Pittsburgh. But hey, what do we know ? I mean, we just keep being right.

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Some of us did. I flat said, and got ripped for it, that this team was going to be in deep **** this year. The Pittsburgh game in 04 showed it. Playing the easiest schedule in the NFL in 04 and STILL couldn't make the playoffs? Against that schedule anyone worth a damn should have been 12-4. We limp to 9-7 and lose AT HOME the final game against another teams backups.

some of us screamed bloody murder when TD was hired. We knew he was a joke in Pittsburgh. But hey, what do we know ? I mean, we just keep being right.

:up:

I wasn't following football as avidly as I do now back when TD was hired so I didn't say anything about that, but before last year I was definitely saying that the team was going to struggle. I wasn't 100% right- I was wrong about Lindell and I actually thought we'd be in the 7-9/8-8 range but I was right about JP, the OL and the DL.

Yet, somehow, despite a fairly good track record, everyone here just writes me off as a "doom and gloomer" and says I'm "not a true fan".

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 09:44 AM

Some of them did but not you though...

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 09:45 AM
:up:

I wasn't following football as avidly as I do now back when TD was hired so I didn't say anything about that, but before last year I was definitely saying that the team was going to struggle. I wasn't 100% right- I was wrong about Lindell and I actually thought we'd be in the 7-9/8-8 range but I was right about JP, the OL and the DL.

Yet, somehow, despite a fairly good track record, everyone here just writes me off as a "doom and gloomer" and says I'm "not a true fan".
Wow way to go out on a limb and predict a rookie QB struggles!!! :bf1:

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Those people are right Op. You don't know anything about JP yet, and any young quarterback would have struggled if they were handled the way he was last year. You and Ice are two pees in a pod. Every ******* I have ever known always pawns it off as being a realist.

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Wow way to go out on a limb and predict a rookie QB struggles!!! :bf1:

um, since when do predictions have to be going out on a limb? It seems to me there were a ton of people here who thought JP would be fine and predicted playoffs- who was more realistic?

patmoran2006
07-12-2006, 09:56 AM
It took me a while to decide if I even wanted to respond to this topic, not because I think it’s a stupid topic, but its hard to me to even respond to anything where I have to see Ice’s comments on when I am in semi-agreement; biggest reason is because he’s always changing his mind and was Captain Homer throughout the entire spring.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I had modest playoff expectations over the past two seasons, but it’s not like I was putting money away for playoff tickets in July. In 2004 I liked the fact that we had a solid veteran quarterback in Drew Bledsoe and at the time I was pleased with having a more “offensive minded” head coach in Mularkey. Adams, Milloy and Spikes were key additions to a defense that I expected (and it was) very solid and in Travis Henry we had a strong running game.
<o:p></o:p>
Last year I had semi-playoff fever in the summertime, because our defense was ranked 2<SUP>nd</SUP> overall in the league the year before, we rolled off seven straight games in the second half of 2004, Willis McGahee appeared on the verge of becoming an elite back quickly, and at the time it seemed Donahoe finally addressed the OL with the additions of Gandy and Anderson. With a year experience under his belt, I felt at the time Mularkey would be a better game-day coach in ’05. The only thing I didn’t like then and obviously it was a horrible decision was to cut Bledsoe and hand the job to Losman. As a result, semi-surprisingly we won only 5 games. What was more disturbing than even when we won only 3 in 2001, it looked like the Bills flat out quit during times and didn’t even seem to care.
I would love to have playoff-fever this summer but I am forced to keep what I and most others outside of Buffalo call a realistic attitude. This team as of RIGHT NOW isn’t even close to sniffing the playoffs. While getting younger and ‘hungrier’ I’m confident will benefit us in the future, as of right now I see a bunch of young, raw and in some cases, outcasts who has a lot of learning and growing to do. It’s never favorable as a contender to go into camp not even knowing who your starting quarterback is. We have holes all over the field and in most positions a lot of questions. It’s going to take time for our defense to gel with all the changes, and with Fletcher, Clements and Kelsay in the final years of their deals, a slow start will have them playing more to not get hurt than anything else. Back in March when the Bills signed all these young, raw free agents we knew it was going to be a rebuilding process of 2-3 years, and now suddenly because its July and we have Training Camp fever you think this team is suddenly capable of contending?
It’s for these reasons I think the Bills will be hard-pressed to match last year’s total of five wins; though unlike last year they’ll have a lot of youth and positive things to build on. Ultimately, the key to becoming a contender the following year will be what kind of budget Wilson gives Levy to spend on the DL and LT in Free Agency and what Marv does with it.
Right now I think of us as the 2005 Cleveland Browns. VERY young and raw and honestly, not very good. But this year they went out and signed PROVEN winners like McGinest, Jurevicous and Bentley to mesh in with their youth and they head into this season on paper at least as a contender in their division.
Buffalo: 4-12 with the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> or 4<SUP>th</SUP> pick in next year’s draft, IMO
(I think SF will finish dead last)

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Those people are right Op. You don't know anything about JP yet, and any young quarterback would have struggled if they were handled the way he was last year. You and Ice are two pees in a pod. Every ******* I have ever known always pawns it off as being a realist.

You need to go back and read my posts. I said JP would struggle last year because he was basically a rookie- not because he sucks. And I've also said numerous times that JP didn't get a fair shot last year. I hope he wins the starting job in camp and if he does, they need to stick with him for the full season to see if he improves. If that happens, then we'll know if he's good or not.

In the meantime, though, it's not realistic to expect us to win too many games. You can spin it however you like. The fact is that this team was 5-11 last year and didn't do much to improve for the near term. You can expect a good season if you want, but you'll be disappointed yet again.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 10:02 AM
It took me a while to decide if I even wanted to respond to this topic, not because I think it’s a stupid topic, but its hard to me to even respond to anything where I have to see Ice’s comments on when I am in semi-agreement; biggest reason is because he’s always changing his mind and was Captain Homer throughout the entire spring.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I had modest playoff expectations over the past two seasons, but it’s not like I was putting money away for playoff tickets in July. In 2004 I liked the fact that we had a solid veteran quarterback in Drew Bledsoe and at the time I was pleased with having a more “offensive minded” head coach in Mularkey. Adams, Milloy and Spikes were key additions to a defense that I expected (and it was) very solid and in Travis Henry we had a strong running game.
Last year I had semi-playoff fever in the summertime, because our defense was ranked 2<SUP>nd</SUP> overall in the league the year before, we rolled off seven straight games in the second half of 2004, Willis McGahee appeared on the verge of becoming an elite back quickly, and at the time it seemed Donahoe finally addressed the OL with the additions of Gandy and Anderson. With a year experience under his belt, I felt at the time Mularkey would be a better game-day coach in ’05. The only thing I didn’t like then and obviously it was a horrible decision was to cut Bledsoe and hand the job to Losman. As a result, semi-surprisingly we won only 5 games. What was more disturbing than even when we won only 3 in 2001, it looked like the Bills flat out quit during times and didn’t even seem to care.
I would love to have playoff-fever this summer but I am forced to keep what I and most others outside of Buffalo call a realistic attitude. This team as of RIGHT NOW isn’t even close to sniffing the playoffs. While getting younger and ‘hungrier’ I’m confident will benefit us in the future, as of right now I see a bunch of young, raw and in some cases, outcasts who has a lot of learning and growing to do. It’s never favorable as a contender to go into camp not even knowing who your starting quarterback is. We have holes all over the field and in most positions a lot of questions. It’s going to take time for our defense to gel with all the changes, and with Fletcher, Clements and Kelsay in the final years of their deals, a slow start will have them playing more to not get hurt than anything else. Back in March when the Bills signed all these young, raw free agents we knew it was going to be a rebuilding process of 2-3 years, and now suddenly because its July and we have Training Camp fever you think this team is suddenly capable of contending?
It’s for these reasons I think the Bills will be hard-pressed to match last year’s total of five wins; though unlike last year they’ll have a lot of youth and positive things to build on. Ultimately, the key to becoming a contender the following year will be what kind of budget Wilson gives Levy to spend on the DL and LT in Free Agency and what Marv does with it.
Right now I think of us as the 2005 Cleveland Browns. VERY young and raw and honestly, not very good. But this year they went out and signed PROVEN winners like McGinest, Jurevicous and Bentley to mesh in with their youth and they head into this season on paper at least as a contender in their division.
Buffalo: 4-12 with the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> or 4<SUP>th</SUP> pick in next year’s draft, IMO
(I think SF will finish dead last)
I am predicting 7-9 nothing earth shattering, just don't think we will be one of the worst teams....

justasportsfan
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Yet, somehow, despite a fairly good track record, everyone here just writes me off as a "doom and gloomer" and says I'm "not a true fan".there you go generalizing again.

I never said you were not a true fan. So that doesn't make that everone. My problem with your posts is that you tend to insists you are right about the future. Anything positive that anyone said was inserterted w/ a negative post by you even though they weren't making predictions.

If anyone was excited about something on the team it bothered you and you'd imply they are being homers. It's almost like it's your job to make something negative out of something positive.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 10:12 AM
there you go generalizing again.

I never said you were not a true fan. So that doesn't make that everone. My problem with your posts is that you tend to insists you are right about the future. Anything positive that anyone said was inserterted w/ a negative post by you even though they weren't making predictions.

If anyone was excited about something on the team it bothered you and you'd imply they are being homers. It's almost like it's your job to make something negative out of something positive.
He does make a valid point Op.

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 10:13 AM
well like I said before, it's because I believe I'm right- if I thought this team was going to do well, I would be just as adament in trying to convince the "realists" that they're wrong.

ICE74129
07-12-2006, 10:14 AM

We are realists and we know tons about JP. he has been bent over from day one and NO QB does well when that happens. Hopefully Marv and DJ pull their heads out.

justasportsfan
07-12-2006, 10:15 AM
um, since when do predictions have to be going out on a limb?
It's when people like you predict a rookie qb will struggle and go on to say "I told you so" "I was right" . It's not hard to make that prediction. Almost everyone here saw that coming, even homers.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 10:17 AM
well like I said before, it's because I believe I'm right- if I thought this team was going to do well, I would be just as adament in trying to convince the "realists" that they're wrong.
Why do you feel the need to convince anyone?

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 10:18 AM
It's when people like you predict a rookie qb will struggle and go on to say "I told you so" "I was right" . It's not hard to make that prediction. Almost everyone here saw that coming, even homers.

For the record, I never came back last season to do the "I told you so" thread. I only pointed out that I was right over the last few weeks when everyone has been disagreeing with my predictions for the upcoming season.

Being right isn't much consolation for the Bills being 5-11. I would have preferred to be dead wrong and have the Bills in the playoffs.

justasportsfan
07-12-2006, 10:20 AM

See what I mean?Don't make a prediction that's so obvious. Go out on a limb and make a more detailed prediction and I'll be the first to say "OP was right" .

Now you're telling us this season will be a disaster even though it's not hard to see that it's likely to happen to every rebuilding team. That's no huge prediction that you can brag about if indeed this rebuilding team does struggle.

justasportsfan
07-12-2006, 10:24 AM
For the record, I never came back last season to do the "I told you so" thread. I only pointed out that I was right over the last few weeks when everyone has been disagreeing with my predictions for the upcoming season.

Being right isn't much consolation for the Bills being 5-11. I would have preferred to be dead wrong and have the Bills in the playoffs.but you're doing it now. You use that statement to back up an arguement. Most of the articles prior to the season starting saw JP struggling.

LtBillsFan66
07-12-2006, 10:29 AM
I think Mularkey was a horrible couch. The talent so far is about even to last year IMO. I think a coaching upgrade (yet to be determined if Jauron is better or not) can make a big difference. That's why I'm not predicting anything.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I think Mularkey was a horrible couch. The talent so far is about even to last year IMO. I think a coaching upgrade (yet to be determined if Jauron is better or not) can make a big difference. That's why I'm not predicting anything.
Great post!

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 10:32 AM
See what I mean?Don't make a prediction that's so obvious. Go out on a limb and make a more detailed prediction and I'll be the first to say "OP was right" .

Now you're telling us this season will be a disaster even though it's not hard to see that it's likely to happen to every rebuilding team. That's no huge prediction that you can brag about if indeed this rebuilding team does struggle.

it's a huge prediction only because so many people here seem to disagree with it. I honestly didn't think that saying the Bills will struggle this year would be met with such harsh resistance because- like you said- it's not exactly going out on a limb. And that's why I think I'm more realistic than the people who are saying we're going to make the playoffs.

justasportsfan
07-12-2006, 10:35 AM
I think Mularkey was a horrible couch. The talent so far is about even to last year IMO. I think a coaching upgrade (yet to be determined if Jauron is better or not) can make a big difference. That's why I'm not predicting anything.Well said. However that "wait and see " attitude doesn't cut it as far as other posters are concerned. They've alteady made up their mind that they are correct that this season is already a disaster.

There's no in between. Either you're a homer or a realist.

In fainrness to OP, he did admit recently that he could be wrong and that homers could be right.

justasportsfan
07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
it's a huge prediction only because so many people here seem to disagree with it. I honestly didn't think that saying the Bills will struggle this year would be met with such harsh resistance because- like you said- it's not exactly going out on a limb. And that's why I think I'm more realistic than the people who are saying we're going to make the playoffs.that's why "I was right" doesn't cut it. Almost everyone had the same prediction you did. It's no big secret rookie qb's struggle. It's no big secret that a team w/ no OL will struggle.

The only thing knwon about the bills this year is that we are rebuilding. What no one really knows is how good our OL will be this year. No one knows if JP will improve. No one knows how our DL will be. This is why I have asked you to go out on a limb and not make predictions that everyone knows can easily happen.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Well said. However that "wait and see " attitude doesn't cut it as far as other posters are concerned. They've alteady made up their mind that they are correct that this season is already a disaster.

In fainrness to OP, he did admit recently that he could be wrong and that homers could be right.
It doesn't take much for us homers to be right. Just a slight improvement in record...

justasportsfan
07-12-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm gonna go out and make a very bold prediction here. Philip Rivers is gonna struggle.

ICE74129
07-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Well said. However that "wait and see " attitude doesn't cut it as far as other posters are concerned. They've alteady made up their mind that they are correct that this season is already a disaster.

Wait and see? Only those not willing to accept fact and reality use that term. The Bills are what they are...a 5-11 team that has sucked for the last 6 years. They changed damn near the entire staff including GM and are implementing new systems.

We aren't making the playoffs, there is no wait and see to it.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Wait and see? Only those not willing to accept fact and reality use that term. The Bills are what they are...a 5-11 team that has sucked for the last 6 years. They changed damn near the entire staff including GM and are implementing new systems.

We aren't making the playoffs, there is no wait and see to it.
Ice there is a wait and see....

ICE74129
07-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Ice there is a wait and see....

Only in fantasy land.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Only in fantasy land.
No in the real world also.

justasportsfan
07-12-2006, 11:21 AM

We aren't making the playoffs, there is no wait and see to it.hey ICE, wait and see approach is not being made on our record. It's made to see if Jauron is a bust, if Price will make the team. our OL sucks. Keep out and continue having your own disscussion w/ the voices , will ya?

Besides, you're not one of the guys I would call a realist. You can't even accept the reality that you're just a pop warner coach who can't hold MArv's jocks and will NEVER be an NFL coach or NFL owner.