Chris Brown on 103.3 fm Comments on QB situation and Martin Nance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Chris Brown on 103.3 fm Comments on QB situation and Martin Nance...

Chris Brown editor for Buffalo Bills.com on Shred and Reagan this morning had alot to say about the QB situation, saying that Mike Mularkey and company really screwed up the development of JP, saying that they told him for 8 months he would be the starter and then pulled him in the second game of the season, and that definetly had alot to do with his development or lack there of, He believes that JP will be the starter.

Martin Nance he said is got unbelieveable hands, he went on to talk about Big Ben's comments on him and how he said he would be a pro bowler in the next 5 seasons, Chris said there was not an OTA that went bye that didnt see Nance have a good catch or make a nice play, He also said that one of the things that stood out was his ability to jump and catch the ball in the redzone, and that every jump ball in OTA's went his way, and the coach Tyke Tolbert rave about his blocking as well.

Very good things to say considering Chris Brown is at every practice.
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Chris Brown on 103.3 fm Comments on QB situation and Martin Nance...

I can see teams taking Nance from us if we put him on the practice squad.

The coaches have one hell of a decision to make when we need to cut down the roster. I can see Price getting cut if he doesn't impress the coaches.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Why wasn't he drafted again?
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Captain gameboy
        • Jul 2002

Injury as a junior, I think.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

That's music to this old Homer's ears, but I'm sure that the "realists" will spoil my moment of pleasure with some negative slant on the situation.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

More reasons for wishing camp and pre-season would start.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              Chris Brown editor for Buffalo Bills.com on Shred and Reagan this morning had alot to say about the QB situation, saying that Mike Mularkey and company really screwed up the development of JP, saying that they told him for 8 months he would be the starter and then pulled him in the second game of the season, and that definetly had alot to do with his development or lack there of, He believes that JP will be the starter.

Martin Nance he said is got unbelieveable hands, he went on to talk about Big Ben's comments on him and how he said he would be a pro bowler in the next 5 seasons, Chris said there was not an OTA that went bye that didnt see Nance have a good catch or make a nice play, He also said that one of the things that stood out was his ability to jump and catch the ball in the redzone, and that every jump ball in OTA's went his way, and the coach Tyke Tolbert rave about his blocking as well.

Very good things to say considering Chris Brown is at every practice.
              someone on this board that coaches QB's has said that for months now. I wonder who that might have been....

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                That's music to this old Homer's ears, but I'm sure that the "realists" will spoil my moment of pleasure with some negative slant on the situation.
                What was there to be negative about. the REALITY is MM and TD screwed JP royally. some of us REALISTS said you give the kid 16 games hell or high water. Some of us realists that actually coach QB's also said you back him 100% regardless of how badly he may start off or how badly some of his games may be. That makes for a good shot at the kid becoming something.

JP is the most talented QB on this roster. He has TALENT = to most of the QB's in this league. If he can calm down, and not worry about getting benched, he will be fine

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  someone on this board that coaches QB's has said that for months now. I wonder who that might have been....
                  I don't coach QB's though Ice???

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    I don't coach QB's though Ice???
                    And? You're trying to be funny, but aren't even close.

Comment

• Amare
                      Don't Call It A Comeback!
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by gameboy
                      Injury as a junior, I think.
                      Yah but he still came back and had a huge senior year.....

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

And? You're trying to be funny, but aren't even close.
                        What? I said the exact same though...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Was this supposed to be funny?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

You're right ICE , I'm gonna have to give that poster his props.

Skooby. You and your wealthy friend got it right. If only ICE had a wealthy friend.
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 07-12-2006, 10:51 AM.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mayotm
                              • Jul 2003

You think you're the only person on this board that has stated that JP was screwed last year? Sorry Vince Lombardi, there were a lot of people saying/thinking the same thing. Even if we aren't the great coach that you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X