PDA

View Full Version : What's the most fun you had during a loss

LtBillsFan66
07-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Seems like the Bills winning or losing is like life of death to some people. Don't get me wrong, I HATE when the Bills lose, but letting it affect my life won't do any good.

So what is the most fun you had during a loss?

Mine was the 2nd Pats game last year. We all knew the season couldn't get any worse. NYCBBB fell victim to fair-weather fandom. We still had a good crown considering. I think everyone knew we sucked and that we'd lose (both homers and "realists" alike). I guess with the "pressure" off, everyone just kicked back and had a blast. There was a lot of laughs, sarcasm and good times for all. So sometimes we get a few non-Bills fans in off the street (usually not when it's jam packed). Anyway they are watching the game with us pretty clueless that everyone is being sarcastic. What is good is that all the Bills fans fed off each other. It was hilarious. Then the Josh Reed touchdown was happening, the place erupted like we were about to and then won the super bowl. It was the funniest thing ever. You had to be there. Especially to see the non-Bills fans' reaction. They thought we were nuts!

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2006, 04:14 PM
That is a great story! Bills fans actually are the craziest bunch I have seen though. A bunch of smart assed bastards.

FlyingDutchman
07-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Denver last year, I was watching the crowd more than the game. It was chaos.

Michael82
07-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Denver last year, I was watching the crowd more than the game. It was chaos.
Agreed. It was a blast!

Historian
07-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Yellling...Where's Don Rodgers? against Cleveland in 1985

BillsNick
07-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Man, I don't know! There's been a lot of losses, and a lot of good times! :rockout:

Jan Reimers
07-12-2006, 07:29 PM
I try to drink myself into oblivion when we lose (come to think of it, when we win, too), so I really can't remember.

But it definitely WASN'T the time we lost our opener to the Rams and I kicked a railing so hard on the way out of the Ralph that I raised a 2 year welt on my shin.

The_Philster
07-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I try to drink myself into oblivion when we lose (come to think of it, when we win, too), so I really can't remember.

But it definitely WASN'T the time we lost our opener to the Rams and I kicked a railing so hard on the way out of the Ralph that I raised a 2 year welt on my shin.
'98 home opener when the defense blew it?

Jan Reimers
07-12-2006, 07:40 PM
'98 home opener when the defense blew it?
Yeah, that wasn't a good day for me. Besides my shin, I ripped up a perfectly good Bills shirt and threw a nice hat in the trash.

But with some anger management therapy, the love and support of my wife, and a fifth of vodka per game, I'm better now.

The_Philster
07-12-2006, 07:47 PM
at least you didn't get the **** kicked out of you :idunno:

After the game, Helmet Guy and I went over to the Big Tree...he said that if BRUCE walked in, he was get in his face and call him a pussy (course he'd have to get up on a chair to get in Brice's face but that's beside the point :laughter: ). Luckily, a few cute co-eds wound up sitting with us until HG cooled down...or else he'd be shorter now than he already is :snicker:

Jan Reimers
07-12-2006, 07:55 PM
at least you didn't get the **** kicked out of you :idunno:

After the game, Helmet Guy and I went over to the Big Tree...he said that if BRUCE walked in, he was get in his face and call him a pussy (course he'd have to get up on a chair to get in Brice's face but that's beside the point :laughter: ). Luckily, a few cute co-eds wound up sitting with us until HG cooled down...or else he'd be shorter now than he already is :snicker:
Yeah, watching Banks run 20 some yards into the end zone to beat us probably put a lot of us in a really, really bad rage. I'm glad I wasn't with you, because I probably would have tried to kick Bruce with my bad leg.

OpIv37
07-12-2006, 09:11 PM
I'd also have to say Denver last year. Everyone was drunk and frustrated and the crowds and tailgating were out of control, even by RWS standards. At that point, the season was already shot so the loss wasn't as hard to swallow as they usually are.

Dozerdog
07-12-2006, 09:16 PM
My 21st birthday.

Bills vs Pats in New England- Bills lost 14-7 - Willie Totten led the Counterfit Bills.

Strike year 1987

jamze132
07-13-2006, 07:04 AM
I would also have to say teh Denver game last year. I watched in with a bunch of Bills Backers at AJ Gator's in Virginia Beach. Talk about some real homers! I love those guys. They got so pissed they played the shout song after we made Denver punt late in the game!

R. Rich
07-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Seems like the Bills winning or losing is like life of death to some people. Don't get me wrong, I HATE when the Bills lose, but letting it affect my life won't do any good.

Mine was the 2nd Pats game last year. We all knew the season couldn't get any worse. NYCBBB fell victim to fair-weather fandom. We still had a good crown considering. I think everyone knew we sucked and that we'd lose (both homers and "realists" alike). I guess with the "pressure" off, everyone just kicked back and had a blast. There was a lot of laughs, sarcasm and good times for all. So sometimes we get a few non-Bills fans in off the street (usually not when it's jam packed). Anyway they are watching the game with us pretty clueless that everyone is being sarcastic. What is good is that all the Bills fans fed off each other. It was hilarious. Then the Josh Reed touchdown was happening, the place erupted like we were about to and then won the super bowl. It was the funniest thing ever. You had to be there. Especially to see the non-Bills fans' reaction. They thought we were nuts!

Yeah yeah, but where were you during the first Bills-NE game last year?

X-Era
07-13-2006, 04:02 PM

Road head on the way back home from the inlaws in CT.

Leaving the inlaws behind, trying to drive while gettin some...yeah the Bills lost but I didnt give a fug.