X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Darcy on GR55

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

it is an audio clip called Darcy on AM show

Some brief things from the interview:

He said he is done signing free agents. He is looking to keep his own right now.

Ryan Miller is not in the same situation as Huet. They are dealing with Ryan on a restricted free agent basis. They will look to sign him to a long term contract AFTER this next contract. (after he becomes and unrestricted free agent?)

Unrestricted free agents next year:
    Afinogenov
    Tallinder
    Dumont
    Briere
    Kotalik
    Lydman

It just doesn't look good for after next year. Almost like they have one year left at a good run. Out of that list, I can only see Briere and Tallinder as necessary to keep.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Darcy on GR55

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

Necessary to keep? You wouldnt keep Afinogenov or Dumont?
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
        Necessary to keep? You wouldnt keep Afinogenov or Dumont?
        I can take or leave Dumont. He could dominate if he chose to play all the time, but he seems ininterested at times and I wouldn't mind trading him. As for Max, I really like him, but if he keeps lapsing into "old Max" the guy who skates all over the ice with the puck and then gives it away, then he needs to go. Plus, he has the most upside and he might be the most expensive to keep. I also think he would bring the most in a trade.

How about Max, Dumont, Biron and Lydman for Ovechkin?

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

How about Max, Dumont, Biron and Lydman for Ovechkin?
          No thanks.. a million times no thanks. One scorer is not worth all that at all. Max and Dumont = Ovechkin's numbers and Lydman is a defensemen that is about to come into his own. Biron we obviously don't need, but overall, that deal would be insane.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
            http://www.wgr550.com/

it is an audio clip called Darcy on AM show

Some brief things from the interview:

He said he is done signing free agents. He is looking to keep his own right now.

Ryan Miller is not in the same situation as Huet. They are dealing with Ryan on a restricted free agent basis. They will look to sign him to a long term contract AFTER this next contract. (after he becomes and unrestricted free agent?)

Unrestricted free agents next year:
            Afinogenov
            Tallinder
            Dumont
            Briere
            Kotalik
            Lydman

It just doesn't look good for after next year. Almost like they have one year left at a good run. Out of that list, I can only see Briere and Tallinder as necessary to keep.
            I don't see it that way. Again we have tons of young talent. We will most likely keep Briere and Tallinder, and who knows about the rest and who else league wide is available.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
              No thanks.. a million times no thanks. One scorer is not worth all that at all. Max and Dumont = Ovechkin's numbers and Lydman is a defensemen that is about to come into his own. Biron we obviously don't need, but overall, that deal would be insane.
              I would do it in a second. Ovechkin is one of the elite players in the league, and a total gamebreaker. He would take us to the next level. Lydman is not a young kid he is pushing 30, although he would be the one I would hate to lose the most.

All this being said no way Washington would pull the trigger on that trade.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

What a bite in the ass, we didn't do a damn thing to get better this offeseason. In fact we took a big step backwards IMO, and Darcy says he's done.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  What a bite in the ass, we didn't do a damn thing to get better this offeseason. In fact we took a big step backwards IMO, and Darcy says he's done.
                  Think about it. Why do we need any more players? We are already overloaded as it is. Besides, we really don't need anyone else to get us into the playoffs. We were 2 injury away from the Stanley Cup. We didn't really lose anyone that is needed. You could argue for Mckee, but I think Spacek is equal if not better than him. We are fine!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    Explain how we took a step back..... Spacek is better than Mckee IMO. Grier was a solid tough player but easily replaced by one of the young players. We have 12 guys going to arbitration how could he be very active in FA?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Don't forget that we still may get something for Biron.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                        Think about it. Why do we need any more players? We are already overloaded as it is. Besides, we really don't need anyone else to get us into the playoffs. We were 2 injury away from the Stanley Cup. We didn't really lose anyone that is needed. You could argue for Mckee, but I think Spacek is equal if not better than him. We are fine!

Comment

• SabreEleven
                          • Aug 2002

I think we are going to be even better this year. I bet our offense will be even better and our younger players are a year older with some experience. I'm excited and can't wait....

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

It is better to keep our own guys, which is going to be pretty expensive. We replaced McKee, and there are plenty of prospects coming up. We went so far with such young players that can still get better with experience. That will be an upgrade right there.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

I think Darcy needs to sign these guys to longer term deals not just one year crap, give 3 years, especially Talinder and Lydman, What is the point of having a team here when every year we let our prime guys go and replace them with prospects
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X