X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigGabes23
    • Mar 2006

Impact Newcomers

Anyone who thinks this guys is not an INSTANT upgrade over Miloy is crazy. If you keep hitting "next" you will see Price at number 7.

If your not really excited in the direction the Bills are moving, then you probablly should not be reading Bills message boards..... If that makes me a homer so be it. After a slow start, I ecpect this team to start looking really good around October.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Impact Newcomers

calling Price an "impact newcomer" kind of killed the credibility for me.

While I don't like all the moves the Bills have made this off season, I think there's a decent chance they're headed in the right direction long term- I just don't see it paying off in time to make a run this year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Price could be a decent pickup if he can regain 75% of his 2002 form.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

And they forgot to mention that Price was trying to catch balls from perhaps the most scatter-armed QB in the NFL, that media darling Ron Mexico.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          Price could be a decent pickup if he can regain 75% of his 2002 form.
          he had something like 94 catches in '02- 75% of that would put him in the 70-catch range. That would be significantly better than decent. But I think Price is washed up.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            And they forgot to mention that Price was trying to catch balls from perhaps the most scatter-armed QB in the NFL, that media darling Ron Mexico.
            Ron Mexico was injured for almost the entire year during one of Price's seasons in Atlanta, and he was with Bledsoe in Dallas last year- Bledsoe was the QB during the best year of Price's career.

So you can't blame Price's problems on Michael Vick.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              he had something like 94 catches in '02- 75% of that would put him in the 70-catch range. That would be significantly better than decent. But I think Price is washed up.
              It would be decent.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Ron Mexico was injured for almost the entire year during one of Price's seasons in Atlanta, and he was with Bledsoe in Dallas last year- Bledsoe was the QB during the best year of Price's career.

You're right. I completely forgot that he went blind and his hands fell off at the wrists.

Just disregard that Vick's backup may actually have been less effective than Vick himself (although that's hard to imagine) and that coming into Dallas at midseason was a little different than his situation in Buffalo.

But hey, you're right. We all know that Price - like most of the Bills - will suck, because you have pronounced it so.

Christ, I get tired of it.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

who was throwing to him when Ron got injured?

A for his situation in Dallas, it's not like he was with the team and knew the offense off the bat even if it was Drew qb'ing the cowboys. Not even Meshawn was anything great with Drew at qb and you expect Price to just come in and shine?
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    You're right. I completely forgot that he went blind and his hands fell off at the wrists.

Just disregard that Vick's backup may actually have been less effective than Vick himself (although that's hard to imagine) and that coming into Dallas at midseason was a little different than his situation in Buffalo.

But hey, you're right. We all know that Price - like most of the Bills - will suck, because you have pronounced it so.

Christ, I get tired of it.
                    Oh, I'm sorry, I completely forgot. A player that has struggled for 3 consecutive seasons will suddenly be decent now. Why? No real reason, just because he's on the Bills.

I'm sure our tumultuous QB situation, weak OL, new offensive system and lack of a proven #1 receiver to play opposite him will aid in Price's ressurection.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      who was throwing to him when Ron got injured?

A for his situation in Dallas, it's not like he was with the team and knew the offense off the bat even if it was Drew qb'ing the cowboys. Not even Meshawn was anything great with Drew at qb and you expect Price to just come in and shine?
                      Jan was blaming Price's struggles on Michael Vick. Of the 2 1/2 seasons that Price played since leaving Buffalo, Price played 1 with Vick, 1 with Vick's back-up, and one with Bledsoe- who QB'd during the best season of Price's career. Now, maybe there were other factors that contributed to Price's poor performance over that span (and football is a team game so there probably were), but Price's performance certainly can't be blamed on Michael Vick.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Oh, I'm sorry, I completely forgot. A player that has struggled for 3 consecutive seasons will suddenly be decent now. Why? No real reason, just because he's on the Bills..
                        Nobody is saying that but we're not discounting the possibility that he could do well under the right circumstance. ShEEZ , when will you ever learn?

I'm sure our tumultuous QB situation, weak OL, new offensive system and lack of a proven #1 receiver to play opposite him will aid in Price's ressurection.
                        Again, are you so sure we're are weak in those positions? Give me a freakin breakdown of your predictions or stop filling the board with your negativity, Nancy.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Jan was blaming Price's struggles on Michael Vick. Of the 2 1/2 seasons that Price played since leaving Buffalo, Price played 1 with Vick, 1 with Vick's back-up, and one with Bledsoe- who QB'd during the best season of Price's career. Now, maybe there were other factors that contributed to Price's poor performance over that span (and football is a team game so there probably were), but Price's performance certainly can't be blamed on Michael Vick.
                          the fact that you couldn't easily answer the question and instead call him "Vick's back-up " proves my point.

If Price failed in a perfect scernario, we wouldn't have this discussion. Tells us , was he in a perfect scenario? NO!!!
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                            • Aug 2005

I reall think Kellen Clemmons is being over hyped.
                            SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              the fact that you couldn't easily answer the question and instead call him "Vick's back-up " proves my point.

If Price failed in a perfect scernario, we wouldn't have this discussion. Tells us , was he in a perfect scenario? NO!!!
                              why is it that you seem to think that there are no players who just lack talent or are washed up? If it takes a perfect scenario for a player to be good, how good are they really? How many RB's have been good in Denver but sucked everywhere else when they didn't have a monster OL blocking for them?

And why is it that you always ask me for "detailed predictions", but you never ask the same thing of people who say Price, Parrish etc will be good? Why aren't you asking Jan Reimers to predict how many catches, yards and TD's price will have? I've already admitted that I'm not trying to make bold predictions here- just stating how I think the team will do.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X