PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate "realists"

LtBillsFan66
07-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Because everything to them becomes a law.

Take Roscoe Parish for example. Do I know he's going to be good? No. Do I think so? Yes. Why? I think he's got the instincts to succeed. A few plays last year he really juked guys out of their jocks.

Back to the hating "realists" thing... Since he has a freak injury last year, he's labeled as injury prone, too small, etc. B F'in S! Wayne Chrebet wasn't a monster and had a decent career. Will Roscoe be a hall of famer? I'd bet my house that he won't, but I'll give him a change to become a roll player (ala Chrebet) before writing him off.

Hear me "realist" scumbags?

Peace out.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 02:49 PM
****ing realists!

LtBillsFan66
07-13-2006, 02:50 PM
****ing realists!
I'm so angry right now.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 02:51 PM
I am pissed beyond belief!

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 02:52 PM

Take Roscoe Parish for example. Do I know he's going to be good? No. Do I think so? Yes. Why? I think he's got the instincts to succeed. A few plays last year he really juked guys out of their jocks.

Back to the hating "realists" thing... Since he has a freak injury last year, he's labeled as injury prone, too small, etc. B F'in S! Wayne Chrebet wasn't a monster and has a decent career. Will Roscoe be a hall of famer? I'd bet my house that he won't, but I'll give him a change to become a roll player (ala Chrebet) before writing him off.

Peace out.

Parrish juked guys out of their jocks, then as he ran by they were able to just barely grab a handful of his jersey and that was all it took to make the tackle.

Parrish weighs something like 160 pounds and he's going to be routinely decked by CB's and safeties who are typically in the 180-210 lb range.

He's fast and he has instincts but he's not big or strong enough.

and once again, just because somebody did something somewhere else one time does NOT mean it's going to happen to the Bills. There are a hell of a lot more undersized receivers who didn't make it than there are Steve Smiths and Wayne Chrebets.

BAM
07-13-2006, 02:52 PM
I really hope no realists show up at the opener.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Me too Bammer! I won't associate with them that is for sure!

BAM
07-13-2006, 03:03 PM
I may be inclined to judo chop one of them.

finsrclowns
07-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Parrish juked guys out of their jocks, then as he ran by they were able to just barely grab a handful of his jersey and that was all it took to make the tackle.

Parrish weighs something like 160 pounds and he's going to be routinely decked by CB's and safeties who are typically in the 180-210 lb range.

and once again, just because somebody did something somewhere else one time does NOT mean it's going to happen to the Bills. There are a hell of a lot more undersized receivers who didn't make it than there are Steve Smiths and Wayne Chrebets.

Question: how good does Parrish have to be to be an upgrade over Reed? And did you notice that with the tightening of enforcement of the contact over 5 yards rule "smurfs" are back in style? Santana Moss is a top 10 receiver IMO and he's barely bigger than Parrish. As a slot guy he's usually going to be matched up with a nickle back and those tend to be smaller. I have some hope for Parrish.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 03:11 PM
GOD DAM REALISTS!!

justasportsfan
07-13-2006, 03:22 PM

The guy was a rookie for crying out loud. How long did it take Santana Moss do well in the league? I don't give a rats ass if he is easilt tackled as long as he's catching balls for 1st downs.

There's also Steve Smith. Don't throw me that logic about Roscoe is not Smith. We're talking size here.

justasportsfan
07-13-2006, 03:24 PM
I really hope no realists show up at the opener.It's gonna be freaking raining with their tears.

ICE74129
07-13-2006, 03:24 PM
The guy was a rookie for crying out loud. How long did it take Santana Moss do well in the league? I don't give a rats ass if he is easilt tackled as long as he's catching balls for 1st downs.

There's also Steve Smith. Don't throw me that logic about Roscoe is not Smith. We're talking size here.

Roscoe is not now, nor ever will be Steve smith. We can stop the comparrisons right now.

ICE74129
07-13-2006, 03:25 PM

Back to the hating "realists" thing... Since he has a freak injury last year, he's labeled as injury prone, too small, etc. B F'in S! Wayne Chrebet wasn't a monster and had a decent career. Will Roscoe be a hall of famer? I'd bet my house that he won't, but I'll give him a change to become a roll player (ala Chrebet) before writing him off.

Peace out.
Yeah I know reality sucks huh? Its much better to kiss some butt, wish on that lucky star in fantasy land than deal with the reality of things.

The_Philster
07-13-2006, 03:27 PM
and once again, just because somebody did something somewhere else one time does NOT mean it's going to happen to the Bills. There are a hell of a lot more undersized receivers who didn't make it than there are Steve Smiths and Wayne Chrebets.Can you find us one post where someone said it WILL happen to the Bills? Give us a break already...the only ones making bold predictions are the ones saying it WON'T happen. The fact that WRs like Chrebet and Smith did it opens up the possibility that it MIGHT happen for the Bills.
C'mon, Op...you're smarter than that....don't go putting words in others' mouths.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Roscoe is not now, nor ever will be Steve smith. We can stop the comparrisons right now.
I am kinda with you on that one.... I have seen the guy in person. I thought he was a 7th grader. I don't see how he could put on any weight.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah I know reality sucks huh? Its much better to kiss some butt, wish on that lucky star in fantasy land than deal with the reality of things.
Exactly! You freaking Realist!

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Can you find us one post where someone said it WILL happen to the Bills? Give us a break already...the only ones making bold predictions are the ones saying it WON'T happen. The fact that WRs like Chrebet and Smith did it opens up the possibility that it MIGHT happen for the Bills.
C'mon, Op...you're smarter than that....don't go putting words in others' mouths.

You don't get it, do you? First, the odds are AGAINST it happening.

Second, our team is full of this crap this year.

"Well Marv Levy and Bellicheck had losing records as HC's before going to the Bills/Patriots, so Jauron can too"

"Well Sam Adams resurrected his career in Buffalo, so Peerless Price can too"

"Well Jason Peters is a contributor after being undrafted so Martin Nance can too"

"Well Wayne Chrebet was a good role player and he's undersized, so Roscoe Parrish can be one too"

"Well Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning did well in their third year as starters, so JP can too"

"Well Sam Cowart recovered from a torn Achilles so Takeo Spikes can too"

This logic completely discounts all the time it went in the opposite direction and it's far too many question marks. If Roscoe Parrish were on the Miami Dolphins, how many people here would be laughing about his size instead of comparing him to Steve Smith?

justasportsfan
07-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Roscoe is not now, nor ever will be Steve smith. We can stop the comparrisons right now.We're talking size here not talent. :coocoo: If he becomes a great no. 3 like Reed was in his rookie year , I'll be happy .Some people here talk he'll fail "because he's small". :rolleyes:

The_Philster
07-13-2006, 03:37 PM
again Op...putting words in people's mouths. The possibilities are opened up for those players...you're going on like they have no chance to succeed and you're not rich enough to have those psychic powers...but if you are, Dora should be kicking your ass for not using your powers to win the lotto. ;)

R. Rich
07-13-2006, 03:39 PM
You shouldn't hate, Matthew.

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 03:40 PM
again Op...putting words in people's mouths. The possibilities are opened up for those players...you're going on like they have no chance to succeed and you're not rich enough to have those psychic powers...but if you are, Dora should be kicking your ass for not using your powers to win the lotto. ;)

I never said they had no chance- I said what I thought was going to happen: Roscoe will not succeed in the NFL. Who's putting words in people's mouth's now?

The_Philster
07-13-2006, 03:42 PM
I never said they had no chance- I said what I thought was going to happen: Roscoe will not succeed in the NFL. Who's putting words in people's mouth's now? I am!
You better read my posts better...I said you were going on like they had no chance...never accused you of saying it :lmao:

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 03:44 PM
and I don't see why you and justa seem to think making a general prediction about a football player/ team based on stats, size, past performance etc requires the same type of clairvoyance that it would to pick winning lotto numbers.

I think Roscoe Parrish is too small to play in the NFL, and I don't think what Steve Smith or Wayne Chrebet did had any bearing on it cuz they're the exceptions to the rule and are in different situations. I don't understand why you people think that's so unreasonable.

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 03:45 PM
and how the **** did you edit my post?

Captain gameboy
07-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Uh oh.
First crack in my homer armor.

I hated the Parrish pick.

patmoran2006
07-13-2006, 03:48 PM
THe wind can blow him over on a windy day.

I will rest my hopes that Andre Davis will be a good number three.. I like him much better as a prospect.

The_Philster
07-13-2006, 03:51 PM
and I don't see why you and justa seem to think making a general prediction about a football player/ team based on stats, size, past performance etc requires the same type of clairvoyance that it would to pick winning lotto numbers.Because you ignore other facts that destroy your argument..many players have started out slow and turned their careers around. Is anyone saying Roscoe will definitely turn it around? No..but we are saying the possibility exists. Sorry to say this, but what you're using is Wysian logic.

I think Roscoe Parrish is too small to play in the NFL, and I don't think what Steve Smith or Wayne Chrebet did had any bearing on it cuz they're the exceptions to the rule and are in different situations. I don't understand why you people think that's so unreasonable.Personally, I don't have high hopes about Parrish...I really don't think he'll do much in the NFL but where is it written that Smith and Chrebet are the only exceptions to the rule? Is it written in some great book that Parrish can't also be an exception to that rule? If it is, can you give us the title of that book and where we can buy it? It sounds like a helluva book

justasportsfan
07-13-2006, 03:52 PM
"and I don't see why you and justa seem to think making a general prediction about a football player/ team based on stats, size, past performance etc requires the same type of clairvoyance that it would to pick winning lotto numbers."

Since you're SO SURE OF YOURSELF that he will fail because of size and don't want to agree that there's a POSSIBILITY he could succeed, then give me a detailed prediction and we'll visit it. Stop makign predictions based on what's common knowledge. Big feakin deal that small players have had problems. FYI, while Roscoe is not Smith or MoSS, he also ISN"T the other players that have failed. Helloo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
07-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Justa, you guessing about how a player is going to end up is just as bad about guessing the Bills final record for this year. You don't know it and neither do I.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes I don't personally think Parrish will be good but by no means can I say it is a 100% fact that he won't

The_Philster
07-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Justa, you guessing about how a player is going to end up is just as bad about guessing the Bills final record for this year. You don't know it and neither do I.
He's not the one guessing...:shakeno:

R. Rich
07-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Yes I don't personally think Parrish will be good but by no means can I say it is a 100% fact that he won't

Sure you can. Go ahead.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 04:03 PM
But then I would be a bastard realist Rich! :ill:

LtBillsFan66
07-13-2006, 04:05 PM

You prove my point. You are writing the guy off with ifs ands and buts. Give him an ***** chance.

LtBillsFan66
07-13-2006, 04:06 PM

:bf1:

LtBillsFan66
07-13-2006, 04:06 PM
You shouldn't hate, Matthew.
I LOATHE! :mad:

Iehoshua
07-13-2006, 04:07 PM
This Realist vs Homer war may escalate beyond the level of the Drew Love Crew vs. Amigos!

The Zone is interesting again!

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 04:08 PM
This Realist vs Homer war may escalate beyond the level of the Drew Love Crew vs. Amigos!

you are welcome!

finsrclowns
07-13-2006, 04:10 PM

You find cut and paste interesting? That's interesting.:dance:

Devin
07-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Parrish has instincts and speed, the muscle/weight/experience all comes with time.

Steve Smith.....likely not. But a blazing PR man and potentially dangerous 3rd or 4th WR....absolutley.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey at least we have some depth at WR.

LtBillsFan66
07-13-2006, 04:13 PM
The "realists" are lunatics. Bastards.

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 04:13 PM
The "realists" are lunatics. Bastards.
They should be locked in mental institutions if you ask me the jerks!

R. Rich
07-13-2006, 04:14 PM
But then I would be a bastard realist Rich! :ill:

Nah. You can be a bitter, cynical bastard like me. I have no allegiance.

R. Rich
07-13-2006, 04:15 PM
I LOATHE! :mad:

Loathing is acceptable.

LtBillsFan66
07-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Loathing is acceptable.
thx

Mr. Miyagi
07-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I may be inclined to judo chop one of them.
There's no such thing as judo chop. :shakeno:

R. Rich
07-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Yaw, boibee!

BAM
07-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Fine then, I'll roundhouse kick them!

Patrick76777
07-13-2006, 04:51 PM

By the way,

Smith is 5-9 185 pounds and was drafted in the 3rd round.

Parrish is 5-9 168 pounds and was drafted in the 2nd round.

17 pounds and it's a foregone conclusion.

and by the way, we don't need him to be Steve Smith. If he's half of what Steve Smith is, we'll be in good shape.

Writing this guy off is insane.

BTW check this out.

http://roscoeparrish.com/

justasportsfan
07-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Justa, you guessing about how a player is going to end up is just as bad about guessing the Bills final record for this year. You don't know it and neither do I. you have a point or are you trying to reword what I've always said?

justasportsfan
07-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Parrish has instincts and speed, the muscle/weight/experience all comes with time.

Steve Smith.....likely not. But a blazing PR man and potentially dangerous 3rd or 4th WR....absolutley.
Parrish never had the chance to show what we saw at camp. The guy was catching every ball thrown his way whether it was a circus catch or not . He was almost every qb's favorite wr. Problem is, he couldn't get into a rythm during the games when he came back from injury with that qb musical chair. Nall is making the smae comment about him catching at camp and yet the "realists" who have never been at camp this year know better.

Jan Reimers
07-13-2006, 05:23 PM
God, I'm so glad you guys are so much smarter than the rest of us. I once thought I knew something about football, but I'm really happy to know how ignorant I really am.

You have pronounced Parrish as less than Smith, so it must be so.

ICE74129
07-13-2006, 05:57 PM
We're talking size here not talent. :coocoo: If he becomes a great no. 3 like Reed was in his rookie year , I'll be happy .Some people here talk he'll fail "because he's small". :rolleyes:

Its not the height justa, its he weighs 160lbs soaking wet. Smith is about 190. Thats a HUGE difference. I thought that hit he took last year (Denver?) damn near killed him.

!Papacrunk!
07-13-2006, 06:18 PM
pssssst, he's also afraid of the snow, or at least was at one point. Ok carry on :movie:

Jan Reimers
07-13-2006, 07:17 PM
pssssst, he's also afraid of the snow
And spiders and snakes, too. So the guy has moves, blinding speed and great hands. But he's on the Bills, so he'll obviously never amount to crap.

!Papacrunk!
07-13-2006, 08:06 PM
And spiders and snakes, too. So the guy has moves, blinding speed and great hands. But he's on the Bills, so he'll obviously never amount to crap.
Did I ever say anything negative about him, outside of the minor snow thing?

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 08:52 PM
"and I don't see why you and justa seem to think making a general prediction about a football player/ team based on stats, size, past performance etc requires the same type of clairvoyance that it would to pick winning lotto numbers."

Since you're SO SURE OF YOURSELF that he will fail because of size and don't want to agree that there's a POSSIBILITY he could succeed, then give me a detailed prediction and we'll visit it. Stop makign predictions based on what's common knowledge. Big feakin deal that small players have had problems. FYI, while Roscoe is not Smith or MoSS, he also ISN"T the other players that have failed. Helloo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so sure of myself? wtf are you talking about? All I said is that he's too small- most guys his size don't make it. Yeah the possibility that he could succeed exists- just like the possibility exists that lightning could strike outside your house, travel up the cables into your computer and shock you to death. Better step away from the computer right now.

Why is it that a prediction has to be specific and bold to be meaningful for you? I'm not claiming to be psychic or have some kind of expert football knowledge- I'm just stating what usually happens to guys Parrish's size. I know all I'm doing is stating the most likely outcome. But no one wants to hear it.

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Because you ignore other facts that destroy your argument..many players have started out slow and turned their careers around. Is anyone saying Roscoe will definitely turn it around? No..but we are saying the possibility exists. Sorry to say this, but what you're using is Wysian logic.

Personally, I don't have high hopes about Parrish...I really don't think he'll do much in the NFL but where is it written that Smith and Chrebet are the only exceptions to the rule? Is it written in some great book that Parrish can't also be an exception to that rule? If it is, can you give us the title of that book and where we can buy it? It sounds like a helluva book

Apparently some people need classes in logic. All you did with the Chrebet/Smith examples was prove that it's not impossible. That doesn't make it any more likely and it doesn't account for the hundreds of other undersized players that failed. What makes you so willing to compare Parrish to Chrebet instead of comparing him to, say, Antonio Brown (who btw got cut by the Skins)?

LtBillsFan66
07-13-2006, 08:56 PM
You douchbag "realists" need to shut the f up.

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 08:57 PM

No, he's 168 pounds and lacks muscle, so the most likely outcome is that he'll never amount to crap. It has to do with size and strength, not the team he's on.

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 08:59 PM
You prove my point. You are writing the guy off with ifs ands and buts. Give him an ***** chance.

How do Parrish's size and weight compared to other NFL WR's and the people who will be hitting him constitute "ifs and buts"?

You're the one with the if's and buts- if his instincts can compensate for his size, if he's not injury prone (even though it took him twice as long to recover from that injury as it takes most people).

The_Philster
07-13-2006, 09:00 PM
All you did with the Chrebet/Smith examples was prove that it's not impossible.By jove I think he's got it :bf1:. Maybe you're not making the bold guarantees that things will or won't happen, but you've certainly given many of us the impression that it's a foregone conclusion he'll fail

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 09:00 PM
By jove I think he's got it :bf1:. Maybe you're not making the bold guarantees that things will or won't happen, but you've certainly given many of us the impression that it's a foregone conclusion he'll fail

I never said that. You're putting words in my mouth.

The_Philster
07-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I never said that. You're putting words in my mouth.
Do you even read what I am saying, Op? Point out where I am putting words in your mouth :shakeno:

LtBillsFan66
07-13-2006, 09:04 PM
How do Parrish's size and weight compared to other NFL WR's and the people who will be hitting him constitute "ifs and buts"?

You're the one with the if's and buts- if his instincts can compensate for his size, if he's not injury prone (even though it took him twice as long to recover from that injury as it takes most people).
:rofl:

You're pathetic man!

Philagape
07-13-2006, 09:29 PM
I think you're all insane. For some people to have such tantrums over the other side even daring to post ... :shakeno:

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 09:31 PM
By jove I think he's got it :bf1:. Maybe you're not making the bold guarantees that things will or won't happen, but you've certainly given many of us the impression that it's a foregone conclusion he'll fail

that's where you put words in my mouth- I never said it, you assumed it.

The_Philster
07-13-2006, 09:33 PM
that's where you put words in my mouth- I never said it, you assumed it.
That's not putting words in your mouth by any means and you know it.

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 09:36 PM
That's not putting words in your mouth by any means and you know it.

wtf? When I did the same thing you said it WAS putting words in people's mouth. You are being a hypocrite.

The_Philster
07-13-2006, 09:44 PM
wtf? When I did the same thing you said it WAS putting words in people's mouth. You are being a hypocrite.
Not even close

and once again, just because somebody did something somewhere else one time does NOT mean it's going to happen to the Bills. from (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1556682&postcount=5)

noone said anything about Parrish definitely succeeding because Chrebet and Smith did...it was merely pointed out that since they did, the possibility exists that Parrish could as well.
Now, if you had meant that people were giving you the impression that they felt Parrish was a sure-fire success, that'd be different (completely off-the-wall because I've yet to see anyone talking like that might be the case, but at least there'd be a similarity with what I said)

What I referred to is the impression you give us...whether you mean to or not, it looks like you've all but eliminated any possibility that Roscoe could succeed...based on how hard you argue against him succeeding.

OpIv37
07-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Not even close
from (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1556682&postcount=5)

noone said anything about Parrish definitely succeeding because Chrebet and Smith did...it was merely pointed out that since they did, the possibility exists that Parrish could as well.
Now, if you had meant that people were giving you the impression that they felt Parrish was a sure-fire success, that'd be different (completely off-the-wall because I've yet to see anyone talking like that might be the case, but at least there'd be a similarity with what I said)

What I referred to is the impression you give us...whether you mean to or not, it looks like you've all but eliminated any possibility that Roscoe could succeed...based on how hard you argue against him succeeding.

Read the first post in this thread- BF1 straight up said he thought Parrish would succeed, and he gave Chrebet's success as one of the reasons. He SAID it- nothing implied or anything.

The_Philster
07-13-2006, 09:54 PM
I think he's got the instincts to succeed.That was the reason BF1 gave, OP..he used Chrebet as an example of another small player...one who succeeded even though the Jets "realists" back in 1996-97 said he wouldn't because of his size

Mr. Cynical
07-13-2006, 10:46 PM

Never doubt the power of the Amigos. You were once one of us, come back from the Good side and get back to the Dark side at once! :;

:mex:

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 11:30 PM
A FREAKING MEN BROTHA!!!

THATHURMANATOR
07-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Never doubt the power of the Amigos. You were once one of us, come back from the Good side and get back to the Dark side at once! :;

amigos=gays

Mr. Cynical
07-14-2006, 12:11 AM
amigos=gays
That post = personal attack

Also glad to see the cracker jack job being done by our admin/mod dozer by thanking you for making that personal attack. Way to go. :up:

Dozerdog
07-14-2006, 12:13 AM
amigos=crybabies

Mr. Cynical
07-14-2006, 12:21 AM
amigos=crybabies

Right on cue.

Mr. Pink
07-14-2006, 12:36 AM
How about this? Roscoe Parrish at his current size will NOT suceed at the NFL level. He has speed, yes, but so do guys that have 30 pounds on him and will take his head off. He is no threat to run any possession routes because of his size and his limited role is A. punt/kick returner and B. guy who just runs fly patterns.

Granted, yes, he could get muscle and size HOWEVER that will add more weight to his frame and could slow him down. His only real plus is his speed, so even if he puts on 20 pounds of muscle, which he NEEDS to do to be anything more than a gimmick/return specialist guy, he could lose speed due to added mass on his frame.

Parrish was one of the worst Donahoe picks, period.

SABURZFAN
07-14-2006, 03:06 AM

he'll give them the Hong Kong Phooey chop then.

SABURZFAN
07-14-2006, 03:09 AM

uh oh... :couch:

this is the BF1 that i know and like. :up:

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 08:26 AM
That post = personal attack

Also glad to see the cracker jack job being done by our admin/mod dozer by thanking you for making that personal attack. Way to go. :up:
:D

CuseJetsFan83
07-14-2006, 08:30 AM
i just hope that your #8 pick from this year pans out............ parrish can still fit in....... i just dont know as if buffalo would be his best option........ santana moss was ok with the jets but couldnt catch...... goes to washington and becomes mr. stick-em

and the comparisons with moss and smith on height are valid, but as far as talent, etc........ he'd need to put up for anything on that way.

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Logical talk from a Jets fan???? I didn't think it was possible!!!

CuseJetsFan83
07-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Logical talk from a Jets fan???? I didn't think it was possible!!!

well considering im from syracuse, maybe im not that off from being a bills fan..... let me call myself a bills sympathizer........ ;-)

anyways, yeah, suprising ain't it?

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 08:41 AM
well considering im from syracuse, maybe im not that off from being a bills fan..... let me call myself a bills sympathizer........ ;-)

anyways, yeah, suprising ain't it?
YOu are an honorary Homer!!!

CuseJetsFan83
07-14-2006, 08:43 AM
holy macaroni!

Iehoshua
07-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Amigos = Victorious!

Bledsoe is gone and never coming back!

:bravo:

OpIv37
07-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Amigos = Victorious!

Bledsoe is gone and never coming back!

:bravo:

well you never know- we brought back Peerless Price. Why not get Bledsoe, and while we're at it find out what Chris Watson's up to these days?

Iehoshua
07-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Oh gawd that's a horrific thought!!!

:ill:

OpIv37
07-14-2006, 09:58 AM
hell, just bring back the whole 2002 squad- We're still paying Bledsoe and Mike Williams so that shouldn't be too hard. I think Ruben Brown got cut- if not we can probably get him for a 7th round draft pick at this point. Travis Henry probably wouldn't come back, but I'm sure Bobby Shaw would love the opportunity.

Iehoshua
07-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Bobby Shaw!!
:puke:

Someone call Sam Gash stat!

John Doe
07-15-2006, 07:45 AM
How about this? Roscoe Parrish at his current size will NOT suceed at the NFL level. He has speed, yes, but so do guys that have 30 pounds on him and will take his head off. He is no threat to run any possession routes because of his size and his limited role is A. punt/kick returner and B. guy who just runs fly patterns.

Granted, yes, he could get muscle and size HOWEVER that will add more weight to his frame and could slow him down. His only real plus is his speed, so even if he puts on 20 pounds of muscle, which he NEEDS to do to be anything more than a gimmick/return specialist guy, he could lose speed due to added mass on his frame.

Parrish was one of the worst Donahoe picks, period.

Roscoe Parrish can be a successful player in the NFL. I believe that he will have a solid year, and not just because of his speed.

He is absolutely the quickest NFL player that I have ever seen.

He already had some success last year. Averaging 13.3 yards per punt return is as about as successful as you can get in that capacity. He did catch passes in seven consecutive games last season as well.

The guy was not drafted to be on the field all the time. If he gets a couple impact touches a game (long gainers and/or first downs) and continues to be a great punt returner, then I would consider him plenty successful in his role.

finsrclowns
07-15-2006, 09:05 AM
hell, just bring back the whole 2002 squad- We're still paying Bledsoe and Mike Williams so that shouldn't be too hard.

No we're not.