PDA

View Full Version : What Makes You Come To The Zone?

Amare
07-13-2006, 11:55 PM
I was wondering, I mean there are so many other bills boards (buffalobills.com message boards, buffalorange.com, etc. and I wanted to know all of your stories on what keeps bringing you back to the zone.

Dozerdog
07-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Buffalorange wants most of us dead. So we built this place. :)

Luisito23
07-14-2006, 01:47 AM
All those lame sites got nothing on the Zone, and that's my word....:respect: :up:

GO BILLS!!!!!

PUCKER
07-14-2006, 02:13 AM
BBI is a kiddy place. ALOT of inmaturity there in most stuff you read. Not very friendly. This place is friendly and has alot of smart talk. Great people,too. :up:

SABURZFAN
07-14-2006, 02:48 AM
I was wondering, I mean there are so many other bills boards (buffalobills.com message boards, buffalorange.com, etc. and I wanted to know all of your stories on what keeps bringing you back to the zone.

i've been here since Day 2.a lot of us that STILL post here have watched this place grow by leaps and bounds.this place welcomes Bills fans from other Bills websites too.we encourage other teams to post here too.(LtFF,NE39,etc...)the Admins and Mods are very tolerant with people who express their ideas and opinions about their football team.not everybody agrees with other people but that is ok.(the Homers vs The B!tches)if everybody had the same opinion,this would be a very bland place.a lot of us adults use this place to be that kid we were growing up and rooting for our team.a lot of us remember the old days when we were the Siberia of the NFL.(Jan Reimers,EE,etc...)last and definitely not least,we have all walks of life coming through here.many nationalities.when we have posters like TypicalBill,TLBF,Miyagi,etc...this place aint that bad to visit.

P.S.-i've been banned by a lot of boards too.i know..i know....it's very surprising. :snicker:

SABURZFAN
07-14-2006, 02:50 AM
Buffalorange wants most of us dead.

the same can be said for some of the tools over there.

shelby
07-14-2006, 04:02 AM
This is the best Bills message board, bar none.
As SAB said, there's a good mix of people here who keep things interesting.

It's the most addictive mb i have ever seen.

SABURZFAN
07-14-2006, 04:07 AM
how could i forget the sammiches??shelby makes great sammiches too. :hungry:

another reason why i come here. :up:

shelby
07-14-2006, 04:08 AM
:rofl:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-14-2006, 05:41 AM
I get paid $5 per visit because of my brilliant repartee.

(Actually I can barely spell repartee, I just get the most info here :) )

jamze132
07-14-2006, 06:12 AM
I mainly come here for information and to have a good time listening to everyones point of view. Another reason why I have to come here is because the network at my work blocks just about every message board and blog on the internet. But they didn't block this one!

Jan Reimers
07-14-2006, 06:20 AM
I've tried at least 3 other Bills' boards, but they just don't have the same feel, the same passion, or the same level of knowledge as the Zone.

I even enjoy the realists/*****ers/haters, although at times they get under my skin. But everyone has a right to his or her own opinion here - no matter how misguided.

!Papacrunk!
07-14-2006, 06:56 AM
I come over here, to enjoy some good football talk and see what the inside track is on a rival team. I may get a ribbing from time to time, which is understandable, but for the most part, everyone here is usually quite nice, even if I am a Dolphins fan.

EricStratton
07-14-2006, 07:07 AM

Not most of you, all of you.

Billsrock4life
07-14-2006, 07:43 AM
where else is there a place where I can talk about the Bills with fellow Bills fans around here believe it or not everyone is a Giants or Jets fan, there is like 5 people in my school that are bills fans

ZacGriffi~82
07-14-2006, 07:53 AM
I hate my life and like to be punished.

LtBillsFan66
07-14-2006, 08:05 AM
:scratch:

I never thought of that. WTF AM I doing here?

Buckets
07-14-2006, 08:06 AM

I keep hoping to learn something new about "FOOTBALL" issues but allas I only find petty bickering.

Jan Reimers
07-14-2006, 08:17 AM
I come over here, to enjoy some good football talk and see what the inside track is on a rival team. I may get a ribbing from time to time, which is understandable, but for the most part, everyone here is usually quite nice, even if I am a Dolphins fan.
NOW you tell us!:dance:

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Most people are here for me.

Ickybaluky
07-14-2006, 08:23 AM
I think the board is very well moderated. For the most part, they allow people a lot of freedom to express themselves, while still setting some limits. Early on, I pretty much stuck to straight football stuff, but now it seems the majority of my time is spent in the "Everything Else" section. The straight football talk seems to have gone to the dogs a little (or at least to the ICE's and Skoobys).

Admittedly, it was an adjustment early on, as I needed to be cognizant of where I am and my status as a non-Bills fan. There is a contingent here who would probably wish to keep it restricted to just Bills people. There is some stuff that used to bug me that I've learned to let go, because as an outsider I need to be respectful of the fact the people here like to vent (or even hate) against other teams at times.

However, for the most part, people are very welcoming and friendly. There are plenty of funny people here to make me laugh, as long as you don't take stuff too seriously. That is really the hook, IMO.

I'm afraid of the Spin Zone, though.

CuseJetsFan83
07-14-2006, 08:25 AM
agreed with above....... hell some of my "friendly confines" are much more rabid than here..........

and for opponents, your probably some of the more well rounded/well mannered chatters on here......

all seriousness aside.... its nice to talk football with people that are very into it, as well as have that passion.

R. Rich
07-14-2006, 08:52 AM
I come here to administer beatings.

OpIv37
07-14-2006, 08:56 AM
I come here to keep tabs on the team- being that I'm out of the Buffalo/Rochester area, I don't get much in the way of Bills news down this way. But every time there's a breaking story, someone has it posted here within seconds.

In addition, there are a few knowledgable posters who offer some really good insight about the team or football in general (and some aren't even Bills fans- NE39's one of the more knowledgable people here when it comes to general football information).

I started on one of the other boards- I think it was BBI- but all the people I liked over there got in some argument with the management and ended up starting the BZ to get out of there, so I switched.

jamze132
07-14-2006, 09:06 AM
I think the biggest thing to remember is that this is mainly for entertainment. People shouldn't take things written too serious. You never know, the guy you are ribbing because he doesn't shre the same belief as you may end up saving your life one day.

Ickybaluky
07-14-2006, 09:11 AM
You never know, the guy you are ribbing because he doesn't shre the same belief as you may end up saving your life one day.

Or, he may gouge your eyes out and crush your throat, even if you aren't 23 yet.

R. Rich
07-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Or, he may gouge your eyes out and crush your throat, even if you aren't 23 yet.
Dammit! Who told you of our plan for you?

Static
07-14-2006, 09:19 AM
I come for THURM's overrated threads.

Ickybaluky
07-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Dammit! Who told you of our plan for you?

Considering that in real life I'm a 16-year old Senegali girl hiding out to try and keep my clitoris from being cut off, that doesn't sound like a bad plan.

Amare
07-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Go to buffalorange.com and ask about the u / sco11 and you'll know why I'm here!

Amare
07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Hell Yeah

Earthquake Enyart
07-14-2006, 09:30 AM
This is the second best place on the web for Jills information.

lordofgun
07-14-2006, 11:31 AM
I come here for EE.

BAM
07-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I met a BZ member at a game a few years ago. I think his name was R. Rich or something but anyways... I had to kick his ass for hitting on my woman. I decided to come here to brag about it to everyone.

Dude
07-14-2006, 12:06 PM
We serve free wings and jalapeno poppers during Happy Hour.

Other than that, I got nothin'.

SABURZFAN
07-14-2006, 03:18 PM
I met a BZ member at a game a few years ago. I think his name was R. Rich or something but anyways... I had to kick his ass for hitting on my woman. I decided to come here to brag about it to everyone.

yeah....but his wife is tougher than you.

Kerr
07-14-2006, 04:52 PM
yeah....but his wife is tougher than you.

I bet she's not better at hair highlights though.

BUFFruggALO
07-14-2006, 04:55 PM
i came to billszone message board because buffalobills.com message board banned me for life for talkin crap to people who would talk crap to me!!!!!!i would win the fights but ultimatly lost the battle when they banned me!!!!when i googled buffalo bills message board, bills zone was 1 of the 1st to come up so here i am

justasportsfan
07-14-2006, 04:56 PM
the other boards have 50+ skooby's. there's only 1 here. Every other team fan is usually treated w/ respect.

Mitchy moo
07-14-2006, 05:33 PM
:duel: 's

Mitchy moo
07-14-2006, 05:34 PM
the other boards have 50+ skooby's. there's only 1 here. Every other team fan is usually treated w/ respect.

Not nice justa.

The_Philster
07-14-2006, 05:41 PM
This is the second best place on the web for Jills information.
try 4th

Night Train
07-14-2006, 05:52 PM
I like telling people that I invented football and everyone else is dumber than me.

I fit in well here. :up:

The_Philster
07-14-2006, 05:57 PM
I like telling people that I invented football and everyone else is dumber than me.

I fit in well here. :up:
I KNEW ICE had to be someone's alter ego!!

FlyingDutchman
07-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Its nice to be able to talk with anyone at anytime about a team in which you feel passionate about. There are very knowledgable people on here, and since ive started posting on this site, i myself have become far more knowledgable on whats going on in the organization, as well as the league.

justasportsfan
07-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Not nice justa.cmon bro. You're cool. Your posts are entertaining. They add color to BZ. You view on the bills are too homerestic. This is what I mean when I said too many skooby's (too positive). Then again, I'd rather there were more of you than 'realists' who seem like borderline haters.

lordofgun
07-14-2006, 09:29 PM
try 4th
Oh please. List them.

PUCKER
07-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Go to buffalorange.com and ask about the u / sco11 and you'll know why I'm here!

We dont need to know details...the important thing is that you got out of that hole. Smart move! :up:

OpIv37
07-14-2006, 10:51 PM
cmon bro. You're cool. Your posts are entertaining. They add color to BZ. You view on the bills are too homerestic. This is what I mean when I said too many skooby's (too positive). Then again, I'd rather there were more of you than 'realists' who seem like borderline haters.

it's no big secret that the team has sucked over the last few years and has completely underachieved. So it seems only logical that people who are realistic about the team aren't exactly going to be positive.

BADTHINGSMAN
07-14-2006, 11:27 PM
So many great people here.. I actually left Billszone for a chance to be an admin on another site, but ended up back here at Billszone.. Id rather be a regular poster for a great site, then admin for a junk site.. I guess you could say I saw the light..

Amare
07-14-2006, 11:47 PM
We dont need to know details...the important thing is that you got out of that hole. Smart move! :up:Hell Yeah

The_Philster
07-15-2006, 02:35 AM
Oh please. List them.
My site (I put up info given to me direct from Stephanie and the Jills)
Jills' official site
Pro Cheerleader's Blog

distant 4th-The Zone

LifetimeBillsFan
07-15-2006, 02:49 AM
I'm just here for the Bud Light.... :cheers: Or, is it to see The Light, bud.... Oh, damn, I forgot...must be getting old or sumthin'.... :oops:

Seriously, though, I started going to the ESPN Bills board when I first got a PC, where I first learned about the Bills Zone. I was totally blown away by all of the links on the BZ front page--after living in the NYC area for many years and having little access to information about the Bills, it was great to finally be able to be up-to-date again about the team. I made a habit of checking the BZ front page whenever I could and joined the site as a member. By that time, I was so tired of all of the trolls and spam on the ESPN Bills board, I decided to check out the BZ message boards and found the posters here to be just as passionate and even more knowledgeable about the team and football in general as the posters on the ESPN board. And, with only a few exceptions, there are almost no trolls.

I keep coming back because I really enjoy discussing the Bills with fans who are just as passionate and informed about the team as I would like to think that I am and because I am constantly learning new things and exposed to different ideas about the team and the game here. Even most of the fans of other teams (LtFinFan, !Papacrunk, NE39, CuseJetsFan83 in particular) who post here have good insights to offer in their posts. I like the posters here and respect their opinions (even the ones I disagree with): I truly enjoy being able to get their opinions about the team and am grateful that so many of them are willing to read and respond to my opinions even though I can be so long-winded. And, I really like that everyone here puts up with my poor attempts at humor!

It's the people who come to this site and who post on the message boards that make the Bills Zone a place that I enjoy coming to whenever I am able to do so. :up:

Meathead
07-15-2006, 05:30 AM
the chance to make gay manlove with :log:

jmb1099
07-15-2006, 06:47 AM
I initially started coming just for Bills information because there is no other place comes close to having solid, accurate content as quickly or effectivley as the Zone. This is by far the best place, hands down, for Bills information. But what really makes this site the best Bills site on the web is the people that post here. If you want intelligent football discussion you can have it at a moments notice with some very informed fans, even fans from other teams. While I wouldn't say that I know anyone here real well, I do know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if we were to all get together to watch a game we would all get along just fine, in fact we'd have a blast. This is the only board that I've ever visited, football or otherwise, that I can honestly say I've seen relationships built. The net doesn't get any netter than the zone.

shelby
07-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Zoners are fun to drink with!
:beers:

justasportsfan
07-15-2006, 10:25 AM
it's no big secret that the team has sucked over the last few years and has completely underachieved. So it seems only logical that people who are realistic about the team aren't exactly going to be positive.and I'm one of those people who isn't too positive about the team. But I don't keep repeating the negatives over and over and over again even though there are also some positives ;)

Dr. Lecter
07-15-2006, 11:13 AM
I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Mr. Miyagi
07-15-2006, 11:41 AM
last and definitely not least,we have all walks of life coming through here.many nationalities.when we have posters like TypicalBill,TLBF,Miyagi,etc...this place aint that bad to visit.
:miyagi:

SABURZFAN
07-15-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't keep repeating the negatives over and over and over again

only the B!tches do that.

Earthquake Enyart
07-17-2006, 07:39 AM
My site (I put up info given to me direct from Stephanie and the Jills)
Jills' official site
Pro Cheerleader's Blog

distant 4th-The Zone

The only thing of interest I found in the cheerleader blog was this. :::

http://www.polarbearrepublic.com/images/2006/Jul/jillsjamiehilarydanielle07.jpg

OpIv37
07-17-2006, 07:50 AM
The only thing of interest I found in the cheerleader blog was this. :::

http://www.polarbearrepublic.com/images/2006/Jul/jillsjamiehilarydanielle07.jpg

interesting- the photographer cut off Phil's forehead as if he wasn't even in the shot.

It's a good trade-off though- two less inches of Phil's head and two more inches of cheerleader leg visible.

The_Philster
07-17-2006, 03:34 PM
The photographer didn't cut off my head...I guess when I uploaded the pic to shutterfly, it cropped it too much is all :idunno:

As far as stuff of interest EE, you missed the article on the Cavalier Girls
http://nflcheerleader.blogspot.com/2006/07/meet-2006-07-cavalier-girls.html
One of the 2005-2006 Jills, Hayley, made that squad :up:

Michael82
07-17-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I come here for the most up to date, informative information and photos from training camp. :snicker:

The_Philster
07-17-2006, 03:42 PM
up-to-date photos? :huh:

Michael82
07-17-2006, 03:44 PM
up-to-date photos? :huh:
from training camp, yeah.

Michael82
07-17-2006, 03:44 PM
oh, plus those excellent videos by justasportsfan. :bf1:

The_Philster
07-17-2006, 03:45 PM
from training camp, yeah.
didn't you say you had some on your hard drive from old camps, though? :laughter:

Michael82
07-17-2006, 03:52 PM
didn't you say you had some on your hard drive from old camps, though? :laughter:
yeah they were buried in a different folder. it's only a few though. :up: