• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Big Ben "forgot" his helmet

"That day I wasn't, I forgot it. I literally forgot it," he said. "You know there are times that, people that have been making a big deal for the last couple years about me riding first of all, and then me riding without a helmet, but it's one of those things that I ride with a helmet also. I do a little bit of both. If you don't wear a seat belt every time you ride in the car should I label you as a person who doesn't wear a seat belt? And unfortunately I happened to not have it on that day because I forgot it in the basement."

Uh, yeah!

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Big Ben "forgot" his helmet

It is kinda like the realists when they post here.

They forgot to have a valid point.....

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Big Ben is a big liar.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
        Big Ben is a big liar.
        I agree. I seen his interview with Jim Rome on ESPNBIGBEN TV. He said he wasn't breaking the law because Penn. law doesn't require a helmet. Something like that.

But Penn. law does require helmets on people like Big Ben who don't have a valid motorcycle license.

Comment

• billsburgh
          • Jul 2003

that's bullsh, I saw him about a month before the accident on that same bike and he had no helmet. he was empahtic last summer that he would not wear a helmet because it wasnt required by law. so dont try and say now that you forgot it that day.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

It's just so stupid because if you usually wear a helmet, you don't just "forget". It becomes second nature to you, just like wearing a seat belt.

Just admit you're wrong, apologize, and move on, instead of defending it and making yourself look even more immature.

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

now he's making up other stuff about the accident.
              Roethlisberger has publicly praised the paramedics – crediting them with saving his life. "I slit a vein or artery in my throat… and it was draining blood right into my stomach," Roethlisberger told ESPN's Jim Rome. "Luckily the paramedics noticed it and stopped it."

But while Roethlisberger told ESPN that paramedics told him that he was "literally seconds – maybe a minute away from dying," Capatolla says neither he – nor anyone he heard at the scene – made such a comment.

read the rest here

Comment

• Buckets
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                It is kinda like the realists when they post here.

They forgot to have a valid point.....
                And the dog ate his playbook.

Comment

• PUCKER
                  • Sep 2004

Gee,he doesnt seem to forget his football helmet when he takes the field...
                  Zapper's Hit List:
                  SABURZFAN -
                  SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
                  Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
                  http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                    • Feb 2005

guys, Ben seems contrite and sincerely apologetic as well as seems to have learned his lesson and will wear a helmet from now on.

He appears to be a decent person, not like the jerks in sports like TO. You all are bashing him like he is some kind of a-hole.

Dude made a mistake. He did not molest a child. Lay off him.
                    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
                      guys, Ben seems contrite and sincerely apologetic as well as seems to have learned his lesson and will wear a helmet from now on.

He appears to be a decent person, not like the jerks in sports like TO. You all are bashing him like he is some kind of a-hole.

The guy was dumb enough to not wear a helmet when it was not only a common sense thing to do but the law as well. While his transgressions aren't on the level of TO or Lawrence Phillips or anything, he was still a dumbass..especially since he was pretty much warned that this could happen when Winslow got himself hurt on a motorcycle last year
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        The guy was dumb enough to not wear a helmet when it was not only a common sense thing to do but the law as well. While his transgressions aren't on the level of TO or Lawrence Phillips or anything, he was still a dumbass..especially since he was pretty much warned that this could happen when Winslow got himself hurt on a motorcycle last year
                        Philster, I agree that what he did was stupid. But I am willing to cut his some slack because he appears to be sincere in his apology as well as the fact that he says he will wear a helmet in the future.

If he was taking a "screw you all" attitude now, I would be bashing him as well.

I'd take his dumbass as our quarterback any day :)
                        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

question is, why did he basically take a "screw you" approach in the first place? The whole subject of wearing a helmet was brought up to him last year
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by keithtr

That's not true. Like I said, if he had simply said he made a mistake, will never do it again, and moved on, I'd cut him all kinds of slacks.

But he now comes out and defend his mistake, as in well it's really not a mistake, I just forgot. He is making excuses and not taking full accountability for it. That's why I'm bashing him.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                              • Feb 2005

Well, I dont want to start a big argument over it :) I just am of the opinion that he is a decent guy, not like most of the jerks in sports, so while I can see that he was stupid to not wear a helmet, the issue is resolved in my mind :)

Comment

Working...
                              X