PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben "forgot" his helmet

Mr. Miyagi
07-14-2006, 10:53 AM
"That day I wasn't, I forgot it. I literally forgot it," he said. "You know there are times that, people that have been making a big deal for the last couple years about me riding first of all, and then me riding without a helmet, but it's one of those things that I ride with a helmet also. I do a little bit of both. If you don't wear a seat belt every time you ride in the car should I label you as a person who doesn't wear a seat belt? And unfortunately I happened to not have it on that day because I forgot it in the basement."

Uh, yeah! :coocoo:

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=4073

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
It is kinda like the realists when they post here.

They forgot to have a valid point.....

lordofgun
07-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Big Ben is a big liar.

TacklingDummy
07-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Big Ben is a big liar.

I agree. I seen his interview with Jim Rome on ESPNBIGBEN TV. He said he wasn't breaking the law because Penn. law doesn't require a helmet. Something like that.

But Penn. law does require helmets on people like Big Ben who don't have a valid motorcycle license.

billsburgh
07-14-2006, 02:37 PM
that's bullsh, I saw him about a month before the accident on that same bike and he had no helmet. he was empahtic last summer that he would not wear a helmet because it wasnt required by law. so dont try and say now that you forgot it that day.

Mr. Miyagi
07-14-2006, 02:41 PM
It's just so stupid because if you usually wear a helmet, you don't just "forget". It becomes second nature to you, just like wearing a seat belt.

Just admit you're wrong, apologize, and move on, instead of defending it and making yourself look even more immature.

billsburgh
07-14-2006, 02:48 PM
now he's making up other stuff about the accident.
Roethlisberger has publicly praised the paramedics – crediting them with saving his life. "I slit a vein or artery in my throat… and it was draining blood right into my stomach," Roethlisberger told ESPN's Jim Rome. "Luckily the paramedics noticed it and stopped it."

But while Roethlisberger told ESPN that paramedics told him that he was "literally seconds – maybe a minute away from dying," Capatolla says neither he – nor anyone he heard at the scene – made such a comment.

read the rest here (http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_195094425.html)

Buckets
07-14-2006, 02:52 PM
It is kinda like the realists when they post here.

They forgot to have a valid point.....

And the dog ate his playbook.

PUCKER
07-15-2006, 02:05 AM
Gee,he doesnt seem to forget his football helmet when he takes the field...:loser:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-15-2006, 05:53 AM
guys, Ben seems contrite and sincerely apologetic as well as seems to have learned his lesson and will wear a helmet from now on.

He appears to be a decent person, not like the jerks in sports like TO. You all are bashing him like he is some kind of a-hole.

Dude made a mistake. He did not molest a child. Lay off him.

The_Philster
07-15-2006, 07:10 AM
guys, Ben seems contrite and sincerely apologetic as well as seems to have learned his lesson and will wear a helmet from now on.

He appears to be a decent person, not like the jerks in sports like TO. You all are bashing him like he is some kind of a-hole.

The guy was dumb enough to not wear a helmet when it was not only a common sense thing to do but the law as well. While his transgressions aren't on the level of TO or Lawrence Phillips or anything, he was still a dumbass..especially since he was pretty much warned that this could happen when Winslow got himself hurt on a motorcycle last year

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-15-2006, 07:58 AM
The guy was dumb enough to not wear a helmet when it was not only a common sense thing to do but the law as well. While his transgressions aren't on the level of TO or Lawrence Phillips or anything, he was still a dumbass..especially since he was pretty much warned that this could happen when Winslow got himself hurt on a motorcycle last year

Philster, I agree that what he did was stupid. But I am willing to cut his some slack because he appears to be sincere in his apology as well as the fact that he says he will wear a helmet in the future.

If he was taking a "screw you all" attitude now, I would be bashing him as well.

I'd take his dumbass as our quarterback any day :)

The_Philster
07-15-2006, 08:03 AM
question is, why did he basically take a "screw you" approach in the first place? The whole subject of wearing a helmet was brought up to him last year

Mr. Miyagi
07-15-2006, 08:13 AM

That's not true. Like I said, if he had simply said he made a mistake, will never do it again, and moved on, I'd cut him all kinds of slacks.

But he now comes out and defend his mistake, as in well it's really not a mistake, I just forgot. He is making excuses and not taking full accountability for it. That's why I'm bashing him.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Well, I dont want to start a big argument over it :) I just am of the opinion that he is a decent guy, not like most of the jerks in sports, so while I can see that he was stupid to not wear a helmet, the issue is resolved in my mind :)

jamze132
07-15-2006, 05:32 PM

uh... Molesting a child and wearing a helmet don't have much in common. The guy is a dumbass for not wearing a helmet and making contradicting statements.

Mr. Miyagi
07-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Well, I dont want to start a big argument over it :) I just am of the opinion that he is a decent guy, not like most of the jerks in sports, so while I can see that he was stupid to not wear a helmet, the issue is resolved in my mind :)
Well I'm not saying he's a arrogant cancer like TO, don't get me wrong. It's just very immature to continue to make excuses. That's all. I'm sure he's a decent enough guy.

billsburgh
07-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Philster, I agree that what he did was stupid. But I am willing to cut his some slack because he appears to be sincere in his apology as well as the fact that he says he will wear a helmet in the future.

If he was taking a "screw you all" attitude now, I would be bashing him as well.

I'd take his dumbass as our quarterback any day :)
I dont find it very sincere when he is lying in saying that he just forgot it that day. that's BS. you cant forget it if you never wear it. Also it seems to me that he is trying to get more sympathy for himself by saying that a paramedic told him he was minutes from dying and now the paramedic says nobody at the scene said that.

Stewie
07-16-2006, 09:28 AM

How is lying about being "near death" sincere? What about proclaiming he'll never wear one, then saying he did wear it (only for the crotch rocket though)... just "forgot it", but he'll surely wear it in the future, but it's not illegal to forget it (even though he was served with a ticket - DUH!.)

He's either a huge moron, a huge *****, or some of both, and he deserves to be bashed for this whole motorcycle situation.

Mr. Miyagi
07-16-2006, 01:40 PM
It's not far fetched for a 23 years old, who is making millions and millions of dollars, and a Super Bowl quarterback, to have a really big head. It's just that it's a sign of immaturity, which he will need to grow out of. And to do that, admitting to your mistakes and learning from them is a good start.

And that's why we're calling him out this time. He needs to learn from this instead of defending it.