PDA

View Full Version : Will Spikes Be 100%?

The_Philster
07-14-2006, 03:35 PM
It's a question that Bills fans want answered perhaps more desperately than any other. Will their two-time Pro Bowl linebacker who suffered a catastrophic rupture of his Achilles tendon last Sept. 25th be 100 percent ready to go come Sept. 10?
After watching a Buffalo defense that ranked second in the league in 2004, plummet to a ranking of 29th in 2005, fans attributed at least a good portion of that drop-off, right or wrong, to the absence of one of the unit's top playmakers, Spikes. more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3860)

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM
This is a KEY factor on the Bills chances to crack 7 wins.

ICE74129
07-14-2006, 03:44 PM
'Will spikes be 100%'

No.

ICE74129
07-14-2006, 03:45 PM
This is a KEY factor on the Bills chances to crack 7 wins.

If that depends on one player outside of the QB position....then you just proved the realists points. THANKS!!

THATHURMANATOR
07-14-2006, 03:46 PM
If that depends on one player outside of the QB position....then you just proved the realists points. THANKS!!
You are welcome!

Captain gameboy
07-15-2006, 01:21 AM
>123%. but <131%

Historian
07-15-2006, 06:28 AM
My brother in law's Dad chauffered him to some event back in late May. Spikes told him that he's stronger than ever, and that he's dropped over 10 pounds due to the rehab regimine.

Consider a faster Spikes for just a sec, lol!

He also mentioned that the Coaching staff, (IHHO) really knows what they're doing. He feels that if the O Line comes together, the team can be a force.

jmb1099
07-15-2006, 06:35 AM
No way to know but I am encouraged with your report Billsology.

Night Train
07-15-2006, 07:03 AM
This is why Crowell received a new contract.

Everyone wants Spikes back but Crowell is a good insurance policy.

BADTHINGSMAN
07-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Didnt Cowart suffer the same injury??

ICE74129
07-15-2006, 07:40 AM
My brother in law's Dad chauffered him to some event back in late May. Spikes told him that he's stronger than ever, and that he's dropped over 10 pounds due to the rehab regimine.

He also mentioned that the Coaching staff, (IHHO) really knows what they're doing. He feels that if the O Line comes together, the team can be a force.

Sure he dropped 10lbs. I would say if he were honest its more like 20 with the initual inactivity. Stronger than ever? Upper body and maybe core yes, lower body no. Sorry, no.

Again homers are in full effect LOL. REALITY is IF, and I mean IF he is 100%....it will be next July. And even then its a HUGE if.

HHURRICANE
07-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Again homers are in full effect LOL. REALITY is IF, and I mean IF he is 100%....it will be next July. And even then its a HUGE if.

I hate to say it but ICE is right on this one. I have friends in the know on this one and they said last year that he would never be at the same level. This injury in the past has ended players careers. Lets hope advances in medicine get Spikes to 90%. A 90% healthy Spikes is still a very good player on this team.

Mr. Cynical
07-15-2006, 04:46 PM
The odds are no, but I'm hoping beyond reason that he is. As others have said, he is the core of the D. No TKO and we're going to have it super rough, especially since our dline is not setup to stuff the run and the LBs are going to be really busy.

ICE74129
07-15-2006, 05:09 PM
I hate to say it but ICE is right on this one. I have friends in the know on this one and they said last year that he would never be at the same level. This injury in the past has ended players careers. Lets hope advances in medicine get Spikes to 90%. A 90% healthy Spikes is still a very good player on this team.
Agreed H. I have to go in and get my knees MRI'ed this week (4 year tuneup from the complete patellar tendon rupture). I actually posed this question to my doc that is the orthopod for TU football, the Tulsa Talons arena team and several HS's in the area. He did most of his work at John's Hopkins so he knows his stuff.

he said 'No way'. He knows how well pros have it rehab wise, but you can only make a tendon re attach and get stronger so fast. Push it too quickly and it ruptures again. That to me seems what spikes is doing. My Doc also said IF he comes back 100% (it is usually a career ender at the pro level) it wont be this year and he doubts he will never be 100%. 90% of his old self is what he can hope for.

The good thing is I will take a 90% TKO over most OLB's in this league! But not his current contract which may end up being an issue.

ICE74129
07-15-2006, 05:10 PM
The odds are no, but I'm hoping beyond reason that he is. As others have said, he is the core of the D. No TKO and we're going to have it super rough, especially since our dline is not setup to stuff the run and the LBs are going to be really busy.

Agreed. This cover 2 requires tons of running to the ball and coverage. That AH of his is going to be put to the test quickly and often.

jamze132
07-15-2006, 06:00 PM

This is what being a "Homer" is all about! :respect: :dance:

Billscusey
07-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Is this injury something that someone can completely recover from? I personally don't think he will be 100%, not because I'm a pessimist, just because I don't think anyone can be exactly as they were before an injury like he suffered (I seriously HOPE I'm wrong!).

Historian
07-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Sure he dropped 10lbs. I would say if he were honest its more like 20 with the initual inactivity. Stronger than ever? Upper body and maybe core yes, lower body no. Sorry, no.

All I can tell you is that is what I was told on the 4th of July.

And that's straight from Takeo's mouth.

I believe him.