PDA

View Full Version : Pyatt traded to Canucks

Philagape
07-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Canucks acquire Pyatt from Sabres
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - The Vancouver Canucks acquired left wing Taylor Pyatt from the Buffalo Sabres on Friday in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2007 draft.

G Wolly
07-14-2006, 05:09 PM
We couldnt have done this a few weeks ago and gotten another draft pick instead?

SabreEleven
07-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Has Revlon been notified of this?

SkateZilla
07-14-2006, 06:07 PM
More Room For Forwards...

SabreEleven
07-14-2006, 06:13 PM
and $1 million saved.

SkateZilla
07-14-2006, 06:18 PM
and $1 million saved.

1 Million in Salary, and another 500k in equipment, and another 500k in Mabeline :respect:

JD
07-14-2006, 06:19 PM
..and the Sabres now look 50 times more uglier :lmao:

SkateZilla
07-14-2006, 06:22 PM
haha,

Sabres Cutting Dead wieght to make room for Pominville, Roy, and other young forwards...

bye bye Pyatt, dont forget your makeup bag...

Vancouver is trying to change their image, Bertuzzi screwed them, getting Pyatt makes them look more Feminine .. ok im done pyatt bashing :) :respect:

pyrrhonist
07-15-2006, 02:15 AM
I have had a great time reading some of the comments at the bottom of the article on TSN (As I often do with posts there)....some Vancouver fans really think they "robbed" Darcy on this one. I guess these people haven't watched Pyatt play the last few years. He was coming along---I'll give him that. But to continue to pay a guy for so-called potential is something that's hard to do, especially when a player like Paille is all but ready to take his roster spot, and for cheaper.

jamze132
07-15-2006, 08:51 AM
I liked Pyatt, but I am not going to miss him. A couple of forwards had to go, I am glad it wasn't one of the top scoreres. Are we just making room for Lang?

shelby
07-15-2006, 09:31 AM
:(

SabreEleven
07-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Over on TSN message board, they are planning the Stanley Cup parade rout now.

SkateZilla
07-15-2006, 03:31 PM
I liked Pyatt, but I am not going to miss him. A couple of forwards had to go, I am glad it wasn't one of the top scoreres. Are we just making room for Lang?

Making Room for forwards that will make the team and would need to clear waivers before going back to Racha cha, Pominville included... :bandwagon

Typ0
07-18-2006, 09:20 PM
I liked Pyatt. He did some thing we really needed done on the ice and he kept getting better and better. We got nothing for him and this was a crappy deal as far as I'm concerned. Seems like we are getting rid of some of our best players to have the rookies play. This team next season is going to be nothing like this seasons was.

Dozerdog
07-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I liked Pyatt. He did some thing we really needed done on the ice and he kept getting better and better. We got nothing for him and this was a crappy deal as far as I'm concerned. Seems like we are getting rid of some of our best players to have the rookies play. This team next season is going to be nothing like this seasons was.Getting rid of our best players? Please.

Name all the players on the roster better than Pyatt. You will put up 15 names at least.

Rookies like Pomenville and Roy did more in year 1 than Pyatt did his entire career here.

He did some stuff well. He also could not crack the lineup on a consistent basis.

Why keep him if you are going to dress him for 40 odd games?

chernobylwraiths
07-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Getting rid of our best players? Please.

Name all the players on the roster better than Pyatt. You will put up 15 names at least.

Rookies like Pomenville and Roy did more in year 1 than Pyatt did his entire career here.

He did some stuff well. He also could not crack the lineup on a consistent basis.

Why keep him if you are going to dress him for 40 odd games?

I've got to agree here. Pyatt did play good in the playoffs as a grinder, but didn't score a goal and he really never showed any consistancy. A little too much money to give a guy to play the bench. We didn't get much for him, true, but at his salary and spotty play, I couldn't expect much. Darcy is a guy who takes forever to make a deal. I assume this is the best he could get. Pretty sad for Pyatt. I hope he doesn't start to play now that he's gone.

Dozerdog
07-18-2006, 09:48 PM
I thought a 4th rounder was generous.

He's been in the league for what- 5-6 years? He hasn't cracked 100 points in his career yet (less than 20 a season)

Lots of 4th rounders have had better success than that

SkateZilla
07-19-2006, 05:07 AM
Peters has Better Stats... j/k

bigbub2352
07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Pyatt made it as long as Alexander Daigle did, they keep paying and playing these guys because they were high drafts pickswith size that could skate, but Pyatt cant do much else other than once in a while throw a check, this makes room for mark mancari, or chris thorburn