• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

The gall of John Rigas and Adelphia

The deal guarantees the pair $23.9 million, and with incentives could pay them $41 million over three years, according to the stockholders committee. Adelphia has said the compensation deal is appropriate.

"We remain confident that Bill Schleyer and Ron Cooper are the ideal executives to rebuild Adelphia and that our compensation agreements with these proven executives are reasonable and appropriate," the company said in a statement.

But the Rigases argued in papers filed Friday that the proposed compensation plan is full of "front-loaded incentives" designed to please the company's creditors - not to ensure Adelphia's long-term health. The family also said the company should remain in Pennsylvania because most of its operations and cable subscribers are in the Northeast - particularly in Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cleveland and New England.

What are these 2 guys going to do, buy the Sabres?

WTF does John Rigas have a damn thing to say about this, anyhow?
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

Good for Rigas.

Those clowns at Adelphia have done nothing to assist WNY or Coudersport PA since the scandals hit. Instead of making things right by committing to making the Adelphia HQ in Buffalo, the idiots decide to locate HQ in Denver of all places. Then they hire guys at absurdly high salaries.

Somebody should be objecting. Adelphia should be kissing up to WNY to beg forgiveness. Instead, it's hampered the Sabres deal, stiffed Buffalo in favor of Denver, raised cable rates, and even pulled its long standing tradition of providing free cable TV to Childrens Hospital.

It's the thugs at Adelphia who need a kick. Why haven't the communities of WNY pulled their cable franchise yet?
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

WTF does John Rigas think he has anything to say about anything? That's nerve.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Not only do these guys get all this bonus money but Adelphia plans on giving western new york bonuses too!!!

BONE-US that is

1) They will not pick up the tab for $18,000 so that Children's Hospital can have cable for the patients...note to new guys at the top...pay that bill out of your pocket; you'll at least win some friends.

2) They are raising rates again...second or third time since Rigas was defrocked...

...thankfully, I have satellite.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Judge
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          Not only do these guys get all this bonus money but Adelphia plans on giving western new york bonuses too!!!

BONE-US that is

1) They will not pick up the tab for $18,000 so that Children's Hospital can have cable for the patients...note to new guys at the top...pay that bill out of your pocket; you'll at least win some friends.

2) They are raising rates again...second or third time since Rigas was defrocked...

...thankfully, I have satellite.
          It makes me very seriously interested in getting satellite. Adelphia's a piece trash company.
          Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Can you imagine if the Sabres leave?? What will Adelphia have that satallite doesn't in order to keep their customers?? Weather on the 8's and the two Canadian channels. Think about all that extra money people will be paying to get weather on the 8's and the two Canadian channels.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• keepdasabesinbuffalo
              anyone seen my 50 mission cap?
              • Dec 2002

Just bought a new home this month (side-note what was I thinking buying in Buffalo ) and there is shiny new dish on the roof! the only adelphia product is the power-link...and that will be gone when they come up with a faster way that doesn't involve adelphia..

Rigas may you burn in hell being raped by 1000 demons!
              I play real hockey...on the ICE, with a white helmet!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

What's wrong with DSL?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                  What's wrong with DSL?

It doesn't provide TV...

Typ0 eb

Comment

• Judge
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

Typ0 eb
                    Hit him again to knock some sense into him.

Comment

• Buffarama
                      Football-Sport of the Gods
                      • Jul 2002

I suppose free cable tv to Children's Hospital is costing them a fortune. Like they don't like "write-offs" unless it launders their wallet. How sad.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

:angry: 'em all

Comment

• fushetti
                          President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                          • Feb 2003

This is another timely comment by Rigas... Remember when he was hauled off in cuffs he cracked "what will the fans treat me like when i return to HSBC arena?" Nice one buddy. If i saw u at HSBC arena, i'd spit on you.
                          "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                          Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

rigas can go to hell for all that i care.that old,crusty b@$t@rd can rot.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

why are you guys beating on me like that for? Last I looked someone already had a dish and they were paying adelphia for broadband only. So what does powerlink offer that DSL does not?

Comment

Working...
                              X