PDA

View Full Version : So when do we sign Nate

ghz in pittsburgh
07-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Look at the Bills roster, who else do you want to sign into a long term contract? On D-line I don't want to sign anyone but Aaron right now and that's already done. On LB corp, Takeo is already on but on shaky ground. In DBs, McGee is signed, and I certainly want Nate to stay.

On OL, we have Fowler and Peters now. The others are either not long term material or too green yet. On WR, I think we gave out too many long term contracts. On TE, we just inked Royal. On QBs, no one has proven anything yet. On RB, it's a tricky one. Is McGahee worth it? How much does he want?

OpIv37
07-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Clements is as good as gone- that's why we got Youboty. At the very least, they should wait until after this season to sign Clements. He had a bad year last year and he'll want a boatload of money- if he has another bad year this year, we can either re-sign him cheap or let him go without worrying.

McGahee's agent is Drew Rosenhaus- I guarantee they will not sign until after the season. It's unlikely that he will be a Bill this time next year because regardless of how this season goes, he will most likely demand more than he's worth.

G. Host
07-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Bills sign Clements long term when
1. His expectations are realistic
2. He lives up to his talk
3. They can find some fool team to trade for him and his act

HHURRICANE
07-14-2006, 10:16 PM
McGahee's agent is Drew Rosenhaus- I guarantee they will not sign until after the season. It's unlikely that he will be a Bill this time next year because regardless of how this season goes, he will most likely demand more than he's worth.

My problem here is sometimes you need to just spend the money. Had we kept Winfield for the money he was asking he would be a deal now and still playing at a high level. I can name others as well.

Clements and McGahee are both worth keeping. It will be hard to draft another RB as good as Mcgahee or find one as a free agent so you might as well sign a known guy that is already on your roster.

G. Host
07-14-2006, 10:18 PM
It is EASY to draft a RB as good as Willis - just not as good as Willis proclaims himself to be. There are some UDFAs better than him.

OpIv37
07-14-2006, 10:26 PM
My problem here is sometimes you need to just spend the money. Had we kept Winfield for the money he was asking he would be a deal now and still playing at a high level. I can name others as well.

Clements and McGahee are both worth keeping. It will be hard to draft another RB as good as Mcgahee or find one as a free agent so you might as well sign a known guy that is already on your roster.

both of them had off years last year. The problem is that if we sign either one of them now, we risk over-paying. There is nothing to gain. Wait til after the season- then we'll know if either guy is worth paying for. At the moment, neither of them have proven themselves to be worth the money they want.

I'm not against shelling out the bucks on occasion- I just want to make sure the Bills get what they pay for before they risk future cap isssues.

Amare
07-15-2006, 12:00 AM
It is EASY to draft a RB as good as Willis - just not as good as Willis proclaims himself to be. There are some UDFAs better than him.Alright I can't allow you to say that sorry!

alohabillsfan
07-15-2006, 06:18 AM
We will see soon if long term is in Nates future, if a long term contract is signed before 15 July on a franchised tagged player the tag is not available the following year (used to be the term of the new contract). Brackus just signed a few days ago in Detroit and now Detroit has no franchise tag for 2007. Trust in Marv, he is doing his homework and he smarter than most.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Nate won't be a Buffalo Bill next year. Some idiot owner/GM like Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones will pay him huge jack because he is a proven, durable CB.

It's not going to be the end of the world when he is gone though. We have plenty of young corners, and with the money we save on Clements we can bring in a second tier guy. Let's just hope he has a great season this year. It will be fun to watch.

ICE74129
07-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Alright I can't allow you to say that sorry! Why its the truth. At least 3 went in this last draft that are better than Willis.

Willis is nothing but HYPE! Maybe someday he can quit talking ( and God willis please do you sound like the stupidest kid on the short bus to school) and actually PROVE he is worth a damn

Amare
07-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Why its the truth. At least 3 went in this last draft that are better than Willis.

Willis is nothing but HYPE! Maybe someday he can quit talking ( and God willis please do you sound like the stupidest kid on the short bus to school) and actually PROVE he is worth a damn
Besides Bush name any other! (Who Williams, Maroney? Come On!)

Night Train
07-16-2006, 05:15 PM
I'd rather give McGahee 4 years than Nate demanding insane Champ Bailey $$.

The JuiceBox Guy
07-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Why its the truth. At least 3 went in this last draft that are better than Willis.

I’m going to have to go ahead and totally disagree with you on this and say your way off base and to suggest Willis McGahee is all HYPE is kinda absurd.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
While after only two years he’s certainly not the best like he said he was he’s far from just hype. In less than two full seasons as a starter he’s already ran for 2375 yards and 18 rushing touchdowns. In 2004 which was basically his rookie season he had 7 100-yard games despite the fact he wasn’t even a starter until the sixth week. By the way, Buffalo won all seven times he ran for at least 100. He has 13 rushing TD’s which was tied for fourth in the entire NFL, again this was despite the fact he didn’t even start the first third of the season. All 13 of those rushing TD’s came in the last nine games.<o:p></o:p>
Last year was a dissapointment for McGahee but basically the entire team. Mularkey and Clements proved they had no clue how to run an offense last yaer. Still McGahee had 5 games of at least 100 rushing yards. His stats could have been better, but he may have been helped had their not been four games where he had 13 carries or less which is exactly what happened last year. Also keep in mind he’s come back from a devastating injury that would have ended lesser men’s careers. So yes he still has a long way to go but his numbers after only two seasons are very comparable to other great RB’s in the league during their first two years.<o:p></o:p>
I don’t know how old you are, but if you say that Willis McGahee is all hype then I can only imagine what you thought of OJ Simpson. I mean OJ only had 697, 488 and 742 yards rushing in each of his first three years and he was a Heisman trophy winner. He only averaged 4 yards a carry his first three years and had 12 rush TD’s combined. My point is your judging a player entirely too early.<o:p></o:p>
Even Thurman Thomas didn’t have as many rushing yards his first two seasons, Willis had 50 more and 10 more touchdowns.<o:p></o:p>
Let the guy play under a real coaching staff. Fairchild is going to do a lot of good things for him like he did with Faulk and Jackson in St. Louis. Give the guy a chance before you label him all hype or anything else negative.

PS- who are the three in the draft that your certain are better than him?

The JuiceBox Guy
07-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Look at the Bills roster, who else do you want to sign into a long term contract? On D-line I don't want to sign anyone but Aaron right now and that's already done. On LB corp, Takeo is already on but on shaky ground. In DBs, McGee is signed, and I certainly want Nate to stay.

On OL, we have Fowler and Peters now. The others are either not long term material or too green yet. On WR, I think we gave out too many long term contracts. On TE, we just inked Royal. On QBs, no one has proven anything yet. On RB, it's a tricky one. Is McGahee worth it? How much does he want?
As far as Clements, I wouldn’t sign him at all. He’s not going to settle for less money and I think McGee is becoming every bit as good. I’d develop Youboty this year and save Clements and his $7 million or whatever salary for next year and invest it in a stud defensive end or a left tackle. I think both are more important than corner, especially in a cover two and with McGee on the verge of becoming a quality number one. Tagging Clements was one of the few mistakes I think Levy made I wish he would have used that kind of cash on Ryan Pickett or Darren Howard for the front four.

BillsFever21
07-18-2006, 12:41 AM
It is EASY to draft a RB as good as Willis - just not as good as Willis proclaims himself to be. There are some UDFAs better than him.

UDFA's better then Willis. :roflmao: