• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

That's it, I'm done

I wish I could believe that every Bills coach was the next Bellicheck, that every FA addition is the one that's finally going to put us over the proverbial hump, that every Bills draft pick is the biggest steal since Tom Brady in Round 6, that every player on the Bills is a veteran performer with a legit shot at the Pro Bowl. But, unlike some of you, I can't because it's just not realistic.

Some people will say that means I'm not a fan. They're entitled to their opinion, but they're completely wrong. I'm still going to get NFL Sunday Ticket and I'm still going to watch every second of Bills football. I'm still going to go to 1-3 games, which is a lot considering I live 400 miles away and had to use all my vacation time for family matters this year. I just won't be expecting anything to come of it.

Some of you refuse to see that Dick Jauron isn't Bill Bellicheck or Marv Levy, that Roscoe Parrish isn't Steve Smith, that Peerless Price is washed up, that McGahee only cares about money, that the DL still sucks, that Nate Clements isn't as great as we once thought he was, etc. I can't change that. But I can quit wasting my life arguing about it.

I'm sure this will make some of you happy since you think I'm pissing in your Wheaties. Just don't come crying to me when you finally realize that those Wheaties were stale and moldy before I got anywhere near them.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: That's it, I'm done

It may be unrealistic to expect a lot all the time, but it's also unrealistic to think that because it's the Bills, nothing is going to work out. There's a happy medium in there where the truth can be found that many pessimists seem afraid to look at
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Enjoy, Op!

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Paragraph 1 -

Paragraph 2 -

Paragraph 3 - Although I also have opinions on some of those mentioned, I still hold on to the hope that...

Jauron will be a more successful coach in his second stint at the helm, as many others (including Belicheck and Levy) have done in the past...

Parrish will develop into a quality reciever...

Price can return to some semblence of the player he was when he left the team...

McGahee and Clements return to their 2004 level of play, at least for this year...
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• mayotm
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I wish I could believe that every Bills coach was the next Bellicheck, that every FA addition is the one that's finally going to put us over the proverbial hump, that every Bills draft pick is the biggest steal since Tom Brady in Round 6, that every player on the Bills is a veteran performer with a legit shot at the Pro Bowl. But, unlike some of you, I can't because it's just not realistic.

Some people will say that means I'm not a fan. They're entitled to their opinion, but they're completely wrong. I'm still going to get NFL Sunday Ticket and I'm still going to watch every second of Bills football. I'm still going to go to 1-3 games, which is a lot considering I live 400 miles away and had to use all my vacation time for family matters this year. I just won't be expecting anything to come of it.

Some of you refuse to see that Dick Jauron isn't Bill Bellicheck or Marv Levy, that Roscoe Parrish isn't Steve Smith, that Peerless Price is washed up, that McGahee only cares about money, that the DL still sucks, that Nate Clements isn't as great as we once thought he was, etc. I can't change that. But I can quit wasting my life arguing about it.

I'm sure this will make some of you happy since you think I'm pissing in your Wheaties. Just don't come crying to me when you finally realize that those Wheaties were stale and moldy before I got anywhere near them.
          I don't suppose you can get ICE to join you in your sabbatical?

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Even when we do have a losing season they will just say that next year is when we will turn it around.

Everytime we replace a coach for a new cheap alternative the same people says that we upgraded and this is the guy to lead us. We've upgraded 3 times in the last 6 years.

What I brought up in the other post about the crybabies running to mommy and you can tell which ones are them type of people. Look at the people who negged me. Dead on.

Don't let these people get to you. It isn't worth arguing over everyday because they have been the same for years and always will be.

They get upset when you speak bad about us. Some just doesn't have anything else in life to make them happy.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              Even when we do have a losing season they will just say that next year is when we will turn it around.
              so are you saying we'll never turn it around? Because if that's not what you're saying...are we supposed to come to you and ask when it's ok to look forward to football?

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              Everytime we replace a coach for a new cheap alternative the same people says that we upgraded and this is the guy to lead us. We've upgraded 3 times in the last 6 years.
              Personally, I'm not sure if this is an upgrade or not...but people whined because we kept hiring unexperienced head coaches...we got one with experience this time...a former Coach of the Year even...and they're still whining...sounds to me like some will never be happy
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

You see Op, what your problem is is that you are twisting everybody's words around to make your case. Most people that you are upset with are saying that nobosy knows how these changes are going to help or hurt the Bills. But you, and others, are not even willing to give this team a chance.

The fact is Marv's record as GM is 0-0. As is Jauron's record as Bills HC. Nobody really knows if the Cover 2 scheme, the return of Spikes, the addition of Whitner, Tripplet and some added depth will help the defense. Nobody knows if Reyes, Fowler, Royal and perhaps Preston will improve the O-line.

Unlike those that like to ***** about the wind changing direction, some people are willing to wait before we judge. We want to see what this team does before we assume that all of the moves suck.

Going through life assuming all is poor without any tangible evidence is sad.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• John Doe
                  Florida Man
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  You see Op, what your problem is is that you are twisting everybody's words around to make your case.
                  Exactly.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Op, I think it's too early to write off Jauron and Parrish - as well as JP and some of our other guys, and who knows about Price? Of course McGahee is in it for the money, as are most of the spoiled rich babies in the NFL, but I won't care if he produces on the field this year. Clements will be gone after this year, which is why we drafted Youboty.

The point is, why not wait and see how some of our moves work out, instead of blasting each and every thing the Bills do?

I think we've embarked on a plan to rebuild the defense, which Donahoe had almost completely ignored, and better utilize our young, fast, athletic offensive guys.

I think the O line still needs help, and we are awfully inexperienced at DT, but I am willing to reserve judgment on our progress until we actually start playing.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Don't stop now. When reality comes crashing down I want more with me to remind the homers.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

And if this team greatly improves in the next couple of years?

Are you going to come back with your tail between your legs for not even giving Marv and crew a chance?
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          And if this team greatly improves in the next couple of years?

Are you going to come back with your tail between your legs for not even giving Marv and crew a chance?

we could act like him with the "i told you so" attitude and stick the crow down his throat with the feathers.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mayotm
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                            Don't stop now. When reality comes crashing down I want more with me to remind the homers.
                            Sadly, you probably hope the Bills have a poor season so you can say you were right.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

I don't even like Wheaties Op...

Comment

Working...
                              X