PDA

View Full Version : Jay walking keeps Sabres off one-way street

The_Philster
07-16-2006, 07:58 PM
We're back into our "must-resign" mode again, a sure indication that we haven't come to grips with the way in which a small-market National Hockey League franchise must operate. This time it was the flap over the Sabres allowing Jay McKee to sign with the St. Louis Blues. The McKee signing was over the not-so-small matter of a $4 million-per-season contract. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060716/1073971.asp)

chernobylwraiths
07-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Problem is many of these same people he is talking about, including myself, didn't want to sign Jay to a $4 million dollar deal nor anything that close to it. What I wanted was Darcy to offer around 2.75 to 3 over 4 years in the first place. He might have signed it or he might not have, but at least make the effort to sign him besides the lower deal he was offered as was reported. It just gives other current players the implication that we are being cheap.

I'm happy we signed a decent replacement, althought the amount kind of flies in the face of his "fiscally responsible" article. I'm happy that Grier didn't take the match from the Sabres. I'm looking forward to Sabres hockey in the fall. I think there are still some major changes to come before the opening faceoff.

SkateZilla
07-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Jay Walking is against hte law in most states.. you could get hit by a truck or car or Run into another Perrson