PDA

View Full Version : Spikes On Total Access

Amare
07-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Tonight (Monday) at 7:00, he is expected to talk about Jauron and the QB's.

Mr. Miyagi
07-17-2006, 06:14 AM
Won't be anything earth-breaking. Spikes doesn't run his mouth usually. It'll be all politically correct stuff.

jamze132
07-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Won't be anything earth-breaking. Spikes doesn't run his mouth usually. It'll be all politically correct stuff.
Yeah, he will say that his rehab is going great, he expects to be bigger, badder, faster, etc., Jauron is bringing in some new ideas, should be a good coach, all the QB's looked ok so far and they will get behind whoever is in there.

Very politicaly correct. And the right thing to say. Very boring though.

The JuiceBox Guy
07-17-2006, 10:04 AM
spikes was on a few weeks ago on nfl newtwork but he didnt really say much. you kinda got the feeling though he wants holcomb to be the starting quarterback which i think is crazy but i could see why a vet feels that way

finsrclowns
07-17-2006, 11:39 AM

So just to be clear, the season isn't cancelled?:lol:

feelthepain
07-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, he will say that his rehab is going great, he expects to be bigger, badder, faster, etc., Jauron is bringing in some new ideas, should be a good coach, all the QB's looked ok so far and they will get behind whoever is in there.

Very politicaly correct. And the right thing to say. Very boring though.

He also said Culpepper was the best offseason move in the NFL.

X-Era
07-17-2006, 08:41 PM
He also said Culpepper was the best offseason move in the NFL.

Well, I have to love Spikes for being a BILL who only thinks of his hated division foes. He also named Vinateri as the biggest loss.

Funny thing is, my biggest gain and loss would be the same guy, Drew Brees.

You throw a QB of that level with a RB like Reggie Bush? WOW.

And you let a QB like Brees goa nd start and never has been like Rivers? WOW.

Culpepper is was hurt and never was atrue stud without Randy. Im not that scared.

But, in a twisted way, I love TKO even more for fixating so firmly on our division.

Dolfan984
07-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, I have to love Spikes for being a BILL who only thinks of his hated division foes. He also named Vinateri as the biggest loss.

Culpepper is was hurt and never was atrue stud without Randy. Im not that scared.

But, in a twisted way, I love TKO even more for fixating so firmly on our division.

In 2004, Culpepper had a ton of stats while Moss was hurt/playing with pain. I believe he only had 700 or so yards out of the 4700 total he had that year. Just sayin man, he's done it without Moss before.

feelthepain
07-17-2006, 09:25 PM

Still trying to find a way to discount a division rival, huh? Thats OK, you don't have to be scared. I'll somehow try to find a way to sleep at night knowing Daunte doesn't scare you. I like how you bring up Daunte's injury, but don't say a word about Brees's injury, just how great he'll be with Bush, funny stuff. BTW the Fins have some guy called Ronnie Brown, he's pretty good ya know. Daunte's injury isn't as important to a QB as Drew's injury. Drew never really had a strong arm to begin with and his injury will bother him for years because it will never heal right, just ask Pennington.

YardRat
07-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Pretty close...4717 and 767.

Amare
07-17-2006, 10:41 PM
And then Culpepper through like 15 int's in like 9 weeks, he's overrated!

feelthepain
07-17-2006, 10:54 PM
And then Culpepper through like 15 int's in like 9 weeks, he's overrated!

Yeah overrated!!! Poor us!!!

!Papacrunk!
07-17-2006, 11:06 PM
I guess the same arguements still get rehashed during the offseason, but here's two tidbits, one is an old point that I've brought up as well. 1st one--some say how good he was w/o Moss, how about the other way around, how good was Moss w/o Culpepper? It's a two way street.
2.) Also, what are the top completion percentages of todays NFL QBs:
Peyton Manning's (63.9), Tom Brady's (61.9), Brett Favre's (61.5) and Donovan McNabb's (58.4).

Culpepper is tops w/ 64.4.

I'm also glad that we have a clear cut #1 QB going into the season w/o the "controversey" that some teams have/ had. Also, I'm going to take the opinion of one of the best LBers to play, over some peeps from a message board. No offense.

BACK to the main part of this thread. It's good to see someone come back from such a tough injury w/ the passion and intensity that Spikes has. As long as he plays below 100% against the Phins, it's all gravy. He's the heart and soul of the Bills defense--at this point the D lives and dies by what Spikes puts on the field.

LtFinFan66
07-18-2006, 03:25 AM

But, in a twisted way, I love TKO even more for fixating so firmly on our division.last time I checked...Brees was hurt as well

LtFinFan66
07-18-2006, 03:26 AM
And then Culpepper through like 15 int's in like 9 weeks, he's overrated!threw

Marino13Phins
07-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Just throwing this out there.
You are all hating on Daunte, he has better stats than tom brady in most passing categories.

SquishDaFish
07-18-2006, 01:05 PM
I think he is overrated a little but he also is better then any QB miami has had since Dan Marino. Ill give the dolphin fans that.

justasportsfan
07-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Just throwing this out there.
You are all hating on Daunte, he has better stats than tom brady in most passing categories.
While Daunte was a good hire for you guys, you can't compare him to Brady. Brady is one of the best clutch players that's ever played in the league while Daunte chokes just as much as Bledsoe in big games.

The last buffalo fan
07-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Wow, nice thread about spikes.

Marino13Phins
07-18-2006, 05:26 PM
While Daunte was a good hire for you guys, you can't compare him to Brady. Brady is one of the best clutch players that's ever played in the league while Daunte chokes just as much as Bledsoe in big games.

I wasn't really comparing him to Brady. I know Brady is clutch. I was just saying many of you hate on him, and he is throwing up better #'s then brady. So he deserves some credit.

BillsFever21
07-18-2006, 09:07 PM
This is just stupid.

Culpepper is a very good QB. Because he signed with Miami there will be people who will say he's overrated and isn't any good.

Had he signed with Buffalo though they would've thrown another parade and the same people would be talking about how he's one of the best in the league.

This is just more of the stuff that goes on which a lot have been battling each other over the past couple weeks. People that thinks Bills players are better then they really are and division rival players are worse then they really are.

It's just more proof of the logic and sense some people around here show. It's pretty sad.

Goobylal
07-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Alrighty then, you johnny-come-lately Culpepper experts, why DID he play so crappy last year, before getting his knee blown up? And what makes you think he'll magically revert to pre-2005 form, much less with a knee brace limiting his scrambling? Enquiring minds want to know.

Drive 4 Five
07-18-2006, 11:17 PM

I agree with you that Brees is the biggest loss for the Chargers but I don't get the statement you made that a QB of his caliber matched with a RB like Bush is amazing (WOW). What was LT? Chopped liver?

As for Culpepper to the Dolphins, I agree with TKO that this was the best move of the offseason. If he reverts back to form we can look forward to having the hated Dolphins kicking the living hell out of our team at least for the next few years. As for Culpepper needing Moss to be successful, well then Chambers is the next best thing.

feelthepain
07-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Alrighty then, you johnny-come-lately Culpepper experts, why DID he play so crappy last year, before getting his knee blown up? And what makes you think he'll magically revert to pre-2005 form, much less with a knee brace limiting his scrambling? Enquiring minds want to know.

Do a little research, that question has been answered about ten times already.In short DC lost his best WR,OC and C in one offseason. Thats a whole lotta change in one offseason.

Earthquake Enyart
07-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Do a little research, that question has been answered about ten times already.In short DC lost his best WR,OC and C in one offseason. Thats a whole lotta change in one offseason.
Well, last time I checked, Miami doesn't have Randy Moss, Mullarkey is their OC and their OL is average at best.

Yeah, DC will tear it up. :rofl:

alohabillsfan
07-19-2006, 07:32 AM
I agree with Billsfever, since Daute signed with Miami he flat out sucks and will never return to form and should just retire, however if he where a Bill then he would not only return to pro bowl form he would lead us to a Superbowl VICTORY!! To bad for the fish (Sarcasim).

P.S. I wish we had him!

feelthepain
07-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Well, last time I checked, Miami doesn't have Randy Moss, Mullarkey is their OC and their OL is average at best.

Yeah, DC will tear it up. :rofl:

So the Bills are on track to improve, but the Fins aren't?? Miami went from the 28th oline to 15th in just one season under Houck. I'll promise you we'll be better this year. Saban is in his second season with this team the players know what to expect they won't be learning new schemes this year. MM is a very good OC he may be a good HC, but he didn't have much to work with last year so the jury still out on that one. Randy Moss isn't the player he used to be, maybe because he doesn't have a QB as good as Culpepper throwing him the ball, Randy always seems to be injured. We have Chambers and Booker both probowl WR's add a probowl QB to the mix and we have the chance to be scary. You don't have to agree, infact I think it's a good sign you refuse to see it, it's very telling. Enjoy the season, I know the fins will.

justasportsfan
07-19-2006, 08:43 AM
You should do a little research yourself because your excuses were shot down about the ten times it was brought up by Brad Johnson who played like a probowler w/ the same HC, OC and wr Daunte failed w/. CUlp is an upgrade over what you have but don't go acting like he failed because of what you just said. While he failed miserably PERIOD. I'm not saying Culp will fail in Miami , he could very well be a probowler but your statement is nothing but an excuse/spin of why he failed.

justasportsfan
07-19-2006, 08:49 AM
P.S. I wish we had him!I don't. The guy has a few years left in him and he can't win big games. We already had that w/ Drew. It's Time we find our young franchise qb for years to come.