PDA

View Full Version : 3 keys

The JuiceBox Guy
07-17-2006, 09:53 AM
While im not crazy enough to think the bills are going to the super bowl this year I have a lot more confidence than some other people I’ve heard. Well I will call it guarded optimism. Although they might not be a playoff team this year I think they have the talent and now the coaching staff to be much improved over last year .
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
There are three keys not counting the obvious quarterback situation for the bills to really be a better football team than most want to give credit for. They are not the three biggest names but in my opinion their role and performance will go a long way towards playing .500 ball or better
<o:p></o:p>

peerless price and/or josh reed- one or both of these guys has to step up and take some of the pressure off of lee evans. While neither is likely to put up the number that eric moulds put up, combined they have to have the same kind of production. evans is going get more double teams than he ever has so its important for these guys to have very good years.

Kevin Everett- from everything I have read and heard, Robert royal is an excellent blocking tight end. That’s fine and dandy for the running game but whoever the quarterback is needs a reliable weapon over the middle. He’s been hurt so we cant really judge him, and while he doesn’t need to be Antonio gates, Everett is going to have to assume a big part of the passing game.

Tim Anderson- whether we like it or not Anderson is going to be the starter. He has to improve on how he played last year so teams don’t smash the ball up the middle all year. I know mccargo will get a lot of playing time but he’s a rookie and has to learn the game and so does kyle Williams. For now Anderson has to really step his game up. <o:p></o:p>
I don’t see any reason why if the team finds a quarterback and sticks with him for more than a few games that this team cant win at least 7-8 games. I know new England is tough but the jets aren’t very good, Miami has a lot of changes so who knows for sure and our schedule isn’t as hard as last year. Levy and jauron will have this team playing good football before the end of the year and unlike 2004 I think it will carry into the following season with better coaching.
<o:p></o:p>
The only thing I hate is the nfl schedule gods make us open up at new England and at Miami. That likely puts us 0-2 going into home opener and if we have a bad week against the jets in week three the playoff race is almost over in the first month. We have to get lucky against new England or Miami and beat them. Actually we have both teams beat on the road last year and screwed it up in the fourth quarter.

justasportsfan
07-17-2006, 10:03 AM
My sentiments exactly.

As for Reed, he hasn't been put in a position to succeed since he's been here and has been in the same postion Moulds has all these years. Different qb's, OC/HC. Maybe Fairchild can finally put them in a position to do more than what they've done. I'm not holding my breath though especially w/ Price. The only thing Reed has going is that he's had chemistry w/ Losman which he can build on.

Fairchild is the major key in the offense. If he's as good as advertised, the team may be beter sooner than expected. I am more worried about the O than the D. Granted that the D is young, we've drafted players who are supposedly hardworking ,smart footbal players. Those qualities should speed up the process.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-17-2006, 10:27 AM
I think a few more keys are starting JP for the whole year, either McCargo or Kyle Williams becoming a force at DT, and whether Mike Gandy can hold up at LT again this year.

The JuiceBox Guy
07-17-2006, 10:35 AM
I think a few more keys are starting JP for the whole year, either McCargo or Kyle Williams becoming a force at DT, and whether Mike Gandy can hold up at LT again this year.

For sure. I think there are plenty of keys I was just thinking of those three that may be a little under the radar because of the big thing at qb and the offensive line goes without saying

Earthquake Enyart
07-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Looks like Juice Box is a homer :up: :homer:

The JuiceBox Guy
07-17-2006, 12:07 PM
I am definitely optimistic that we're not going to be as bad as a lot of people think we're going to be and with marv levy running things i feel a lot better with any moves we made than if it was a Donahoe signing.

its all coming down to QB and if we can move the ball in the air good enough to make teams respect the run.