PDA

View Full Version : All of you (wanna be GM's)

alohabillsfan
07-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Several Zoners have already said Marv will overpay or Ralph is to cheap, so with that said,

What would be a "fair" contract (salary/sb) for Jason Peters?
I say about 1.5 avg per year with a 7 mil SB your thoughts? Clump?

The JuiceBox Guy
07-17-2006, 12:40 PM
for how many years?

alohabillsfan
07-17-2006, 12:49 PM
for how many years?

It is a 5 year contract

The JuiceBox Guy
07-17-2006, 01:43 PM
If that was to be the deal I think its absolutely worth the money and would be a great job by Marv.

Pay now, or pay a lot more later. He paid now

Night Train
07-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Imagine the quality of Kool-Aid he can purchase.

Mr. Cynical
07-17-2006, 01:56 PM
On that line, anything over $19.99 is over paying. Even if you include the free Ginsu knife and toaster.

The JuiceBox Guy
07-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Peters is one of the true young prospects on this team.. Are there actually people who are not estatic that we locked him up now?

BillsFever21
07-18-2006, 12:45 AM
It was a good signing at a cheap rate. He has potential but isn't there yet. If he does improve to a starting caliber Tackle then this will be a steal.

I don't belive he will ever be one of the best in the league but if he's efficent I'll be happy.

LifetimeBillsFan
07-18-2006, 04:44 AM
It was a good signing at a cheap rate. He has potential but isn't there yet. If he does improve to a starting caliber Tackle then this will be a steal.

I don't belive he will ever be one of the best in the league but if he's efficent I'll be happy.

What do you consider to be "starting caliber"? The guy had 3 penalties and yielded 1 and a half sacks in his first 10 games as a starter and first full year as an offensive tackle. Translated over a 16 game schedule that would be four and a half penalties and just under 3 sacks. Sounds like he already is an average starting offensive tackle.

If Peters continues to improve and, especially, if the Bills move him to the left side, he would get a lot more than an average of $ 1.5 mill. and a $ 7 million SB for a 5 year deal. Look at the kind of money that Jonas Jennings and Kareem McKenzie got as free agents--and that was with a much lower salary cap.