PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a pretty good deal for Jason Peters....

Michael82
07-17-2006, 04:22 PM
His numbers are the the NFLPA site....

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=subPageHeader colSpan=2>Peters, Jason</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallText>View Stats at Players Inc Site (http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?strSection=stats&ID=36114) </TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Player Info
</TD><TD>Draft Info
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>OL (#)
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Year: 0
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Buffalo Bills
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Round: 0
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Queen City, TX
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Position: 0
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Salary History
</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=tabledata>2006</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>500000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2007</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>1500000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2008</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>2200000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2009</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>2950000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2010</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>3400000.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

clumping platelets
07-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Need to know bonus info as well..........I'm working on that :ontome:

ddaryl
07-17-2006, 05:11 PM
base salaries look great for a potential starting LT in the next few years.

I'm guessing a 5 - 7.5 mil bonus.

Devin
07-17-2006, 06:56 PM
so all in all 10.5 roughly for the next 5 years as well as likely anywhere from 4 to 7 mil in bonuses.... 14-18 mil deal.

Wow.

X-Era
07-17-2006, 07:30 PM
so all in all 10.5 roughly for the next 5 years as well as likely anywhere from 4 to 7 mil in bonuses.... 14-18 mil deal.

Wow.

Yeah, tell someone we can land a quality starting OT, maybe even LT for 14-19 mil over 5 years, I dare ya.

How bad is Marv looking right now?

I aint saying hes a star but a starting quality up and comer at OT, PREVENTED from hitting the market for that type of money is one helluva deal in my mind.

Marv, the post of MANY MANY whippings, has in fact landed one of our best young prospects at one of mour most critical positions for 5 more years at a very cheap rate. On the surface he deserves props for this.

X-Era
07-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Yeah, tell someone we can land a quality starting OT, maybe even LT for 14-19 mil over 5 years, I dare ya.

I aint saying hes a star but a starting quality up and comer at OT, PREVENTED from hitting the market for that type of money is one helluva deal in my mind.

Marv, the post of MANY MANY whippings, has in fact landed one of our best young prospects at one of most critical positions for 5 more years at a very cheap rate. On the surface he deserves props for this.

Goobylal
07-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Need to know bonus info as well..........I'm working on that :ontome:
Isn't it a general rule that signing bonus is usually less than half of the total of all base salaries? So in this case, since Peters will make $10.55M in base salary with this contract (as of right now, since that will probably change with restructures later-on), that he probably got a SB of ~$5M?

LifetimeBillsFan
07-18-2006, 05:35 AM
Even if the deal is for $ 19-20 million total and Peters stays at right tackle, the numbers are reasonable considering what the salary cap is likely to be in '09 and 2010. Barring a major injury or a drop-off in Peters' play, this is a pretty good deal for the Bills. If Peters continues to develop, whether he moves to the left side or not, it could end up being a major steal. It also send a good message to the Bills' young players that, if they work hard and are committed to the team, the Bills will make a committment to them.

Nice work by the front office.

Now it's just up to Peters to keep working hard and take his game to the next level.

Luisito23
07-18-2006, 07:00 AM

Marv, the post of MANY MANY whippings, has in fact landed one of our best young prospects at one of mour most critical positions for 5 more years at a very cheap rate. On the surface he deserves props for this.

:bf1: :bf1:

GO BILLS!!!!!

ryjam282
07-18-2006, 07:56 AM
I have to agree with mostly everyone on here on this one. This was a big deal for us. Peters is very young and has tons of talent. It is nice to know he is locked up for the next 5 years.

Michael82
07-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Even if the deal is for $ 19-20 million total and Peters stays at right tackle, the numbers are reasonable considering what the salary cap is likely to be in '09 and 2010. Barring a major injury or a drop-off in Peters' play, this is a pretty good deal for the Bills. If Peters continues to develop, whether he moves to the left side or not, it could end up being a major steal. It also send a good message to the Bills' young players that, if they work hard and are committed to the team, the Bills will make a committment to them.

Nice work by the front office.

Now it's just up to Peters to keep working hard and take his game to the next level.
Good post! :bf1:

don137
07-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Peters has shown steady improvement in his play and I think this is a great deal for both sides. I know he is as dumb as rocks but he is a very good player and truly wants to be here. Can't ask for more.

Hamilton Billsfan
07-20-2006, 02:29 PM
This is indeed good news!:bandwagon

patmoran2006
07-20-2006, 02:34 PM
I am pleasantly surprised the Bills got this deal done before camp.. Great move and one less big headache to worry about after the season..

Peters has to be pumped, considering he didnt even get drafted out of college..

jamze132
07-20-2006, 03:07 PM
I am pleasantly surprised the Bills got this deal done before camp.. Great move and one less big headache to worry about after the season..

Peters has to be pumped, considering he didnt even get drafted out of college..
I agree (finally) with you Pat. It shows that Buffalo will not be stingy with the money and they will pay the young guys their value. However, if they do slide him to LT either during the upcoming season or next, we may have a possible problem with him in a couple of seasons if he turns out to be dynamite. But I don't really see that happening.

Lexwhat
07-21-2006, 02:04 PM

Marv does indeed require props for this...

AND...

So does Donohoe. People can hate TD, but hes the reason we got Jason Peters. Its good to know we got some good holdovers from the TD era.