X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Aaron Gibson tidbit

On the official Bills site forums, someone started a thread asking about the progress of Aaron Gibson. One poster said in respons that he has a friend who is a journalist for a local rag covering the Bills. He has been to the OTAs and has talked to players and coaches. He reports that Gibson has lost 35 lbs since working with the Bills under he close supervision of the Bills' new conditioning guru (ie. Rusty Jones clone). He has bought into what the Bills are doing, loves working under Jim McNally. His weight loss is continuing and since it is being closely managed by the Bills strength and conditioning coach, he's losing fat, not muscle. The word is that Mcnally is very impressed with Gibson's measurables. Speculation is that Gibson could prove capable of starting, and that could inspire the Bills brain trust to make the move of Peters to LT.

Take it for what you will. Here's the link. Read down through both pages to get everything.

I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: Aaron Gibson tidbit

If true, that would be great news. He would at least add some solid depth along the line. this should be one of the things we have Mikey watch for at camp.

Comment

• Amare
      Don't Call It A Comeback!
      • Jul 2006

I'd love that move, Peters-Reyes-Fowler-Villarial-Gibson
      (Gibson+Villarial) already played 2gether in Chi-Town.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Aug 2004

If this is true and Gibson has made a committment to getting and keeping his weight under control, it would be a HUGE plus for the Bills. He has always had the talent and, when in shape, can be a real monster. I'll have to see it to believe it, but I will be absolutely delighted if he comes into camp ready and able to play as well as I have seen him play in the past. If he does, it will be interesting to see how the Bills decide to make use of him.

It's funny what being out of a job and sitting at home with nobody interested in hiring you can sometimes do to motivate a guy like Gibson who didn't know what he had until it was gone. Mike Williams hasn't gone through that yet, although I'm not sure that even that would motivate Williams to get his butt in shape.
        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i'll wait for a more reliable source to give the scoop on gibson.that guy could be an ICE for all we know.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

i really liked him in the patriot
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Good news, if true, for Gibson and the team. I hope he does well.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                i'll wait for a more reliable source to give the scoop on gibson.that guy could be an ICE for all we know.
                I heard the source was Skooby's rich friend....Seriously though...I am with LBF I will have to wait to see it to believe it. Gibson has to know this is his last chance in this league so that could be his motivating factor. We will have to wait until camp opens and we get the truth from the zones own beat reporter...Mikey

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

If by some miracle this guy can return to the form that made him a #1 pick and start at right tackle our line would really be upgraded...

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Wait, wasn't that YOU TJ, who said in the BB.com thread that Gibson looked fat again in photos?

Comment

• KMA
                      Veteran Zoner
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      On the official Bills site forums, someone started a thread asking about the progress of Aaron Gibson. One poster said in respons that he has a friend who is a journalist for a local rag covering the Bills. He has been to the OTAs and has talked to players and coaches. He reports that Gibson has lost 35 lbs since working with the Bills under he close supervision of the Bills' new conditioning guru (ie. Rusty Jones clone). He has bought into what the Bills are doing, loves working under Jim McNally. His weight loss is continuing and since it is being closely managed by the Bills strength and conditioning coach, he's losing fat, not muscle. The word is that Mcnally is very impressed with Gibson's measurables. Speculation is that Gibson could prove capable of starting, and that could inspire the Bills brain trust to make the move of Peters to LT.

Take it for what you will. Here's the link. Read down through both pages to get everything.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forum...owtopic=139188
                      Lookout Patriots, here we come. lol

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        If by some miracle this guy can return to the form that made him a #1 pick and start at right tackle our line would really be upgraded...

we'll see how motivated he really is.does he want it bad enough?like don said,we'll have Mikey keeping a close eye on gibson.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

And this is again why we shouldn't have hired Brad "who cares if you're fat" Roll.

**** you Mularkey! You got rid of the only thing that kept this team in shape and proper condition, one of the best, in favor of your own guy. I'm glad our new Strength and Conditioning coach chose to ignore all the stuff he learned from Brad Roll and went back to the Rusty Jones style.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                            Wait, wasn't that YOU TJ, who said in the BB.com thread that Gibson looked fat again in photos?
                            Even if the guy lost 40 pounds he is still a fatso, but at least he would be on the right track...

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              And this is again why we shouldn't have hired Brad "who cares if you're fat" Roll.

**** you Mularkey! You got rid of the only thing that kept this team in shape and proper condition, one of the best, in favor of your own guy. I'm glad our new Strength and Conditioning coach chose to ignore all the stuff he learned from Brad Roll and went back to the Rusty Jones style.
                              Exactly how I feel. MM gave up one of the best conditioning coaches in the NFL to bring in a friend. Hope his friendship lasts longer then his head coaching gig did. ****ing moron.

Comment

Working...
                              X