PDA

View Full Version : I will never join a random FF league off the internet again

BillsFever21
07-18-2006, 02:04 AM
There are too many morons, quitters and/or cheaters to make it fun anymore.

I joined a league and after the draft somebody traded Brandon Lloyd for Carnell Williams. Then right after the trade was complete that team released Williams and the commish of the league just happened to be the first in line on the waiver wire and picked him up.

Coincidence? I think not. I'm only gonna stick to leagues where I know everyone is legit for now on. I'm not even gonna make roster changes on this team. It isn't worth it when there is obvious collusion going on. I wish I could delete myself from the league.

Nothing like having to try and cheat on a free league where you don't win anything at the end of the year. Pathetic.

L.A. Playa
07-18-2006, 03:57 PM
you should bench your whole team for the season to skew the results

Devin
07-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Thats pretty messed up!

BillsFever21
07-18-2006, 04:32 PM
you should bench your whole team for the season to skew the results

I thought about it but doesn't Yahoo monitor that stuff and delete your account if stuff like that happens? I will have other teams I care about on that account.

BillsFever21
07-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Thats pretty messed up!

It sure is. I will only stick to leagues where I know the other managers for now on.

At least I got my first practice draft in and have an idea of where everyone might go this year and fine tuned my strategy along with it. Too bad it was for nothing though.

L.A. Playa
07-18-2006, 04:37 PM
or play your ass off would be funny if you still beat them even though they cheated

BillsFever21
07-18-2006, 04:48 PM
or play your ass off would be funny if you still beat them even though they cheated

That's happened before and I still won the leagues and got a good laugh out of it. My team is still just as good as theirs. They need to cheat to make their team competitive.

I'm just so sick of this over the years I don't even know if I feel like giving the time and effort to it now. I only have so much time a day/week to devote to the internet and my leagues and the time I would waste on that team could be used towards paying more attention to my other teams.

I usually join about 4-6 leagues a year. That's a lot of valuable time devoted to properly run each team the same and put in the time to do so.

Between roster changes, working out trades, searching FA's and the waiver wires and studying the matchups that a lot of extra time that I can devote to my other teams.

I'll play it by ear and see how I feel 2 months from now. I wish I could just get the commish to boot me from the league. I asked after I saw what happened but since he's involved in it I'm sure he could care less if there's a dead team.

I should find another honest owner in the league that still wants to play it out and trade him my good players like Alexander, Walker, Chicago DT and others for nothing to improve his team. Fight fire with fire. That would teach him.

Mr. Miyagi
07-20-2006, 01:06 AM
I
At least I got my first practice draft in
That's all they're good for anyway.