PDA

View Full Version : Throwback jerseys this year?

billsburgh
07-18-2006, 02:56 AM
does anyone know if they are planning on wearing the throwacks at all this year? I think they should wear them for 1 home and 1 away game again this season.

PromoTheRobot
07-18-2006, 11:18 AM
I actually e-mailed Chris Brown and asked him the same question a few weeks ago. His first reply was that the throwbacks were ded and gone, a one-year deal. Then he writes me again two days later, saying he asked around the office. Now he says that the throwbacks are NOT dead and will be seen this year. He also suggested something was up with the throwbacks, and that we would all have to wait to find out. Hmmmmm.

PTR

BAM
07-18-2006, 11:19 AM
He also suggested something was up with the throwbacks, and that we would all have to wait to find out. Hmmmmm.

Make them permanent baby!!!

Mr. Cynical
07-18-2006, 11:53 AM

:bf1:

Michael82
07-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Only if they can keep the red helmet with Stripey.

Mr. Cynical
07-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Only if they can keep the red helmet with Stripey.

I dunno....I guess I'm okay with Stripey but they need to cut down a few of the lines on the top. Currently there are 7 - way too many (white, light blue, white, dark blue, white, light blue, white). If they keep the red helms, then white-dark blue-white is perfect. If they go white, then dark blue-red-dark blue.

Crisis
07-18-2006, 01:31 PM
The Standing Buffalo kicks some Stripey ass.

Mr. Cynical
07-18-2006, 01:49 PM
:movie:

Michael82
07-18-2006, 02:23 PM
I dunno....I guess I'm okay with Stripey but they need to cut down a few of the lines on the top. Currently there are 7 - way too many (white, light blue, white, dark blue, white, light blue, white). If they keep the red helms, then white-dark blue-white is perfect. If they go white, then dark blue-red-dark blue.
thats what i'm saying. I basically want the Super Bowl era unis back. :up:

Michael82
07-18-2006, 02:24 PM
The standing Buffalo is just grazing looking for a place to die. :ill:

Don't Panic
07-18-2006, 02:32 PM

LOL... classic!

He looks like he would if it were from the other side of a scope on a sniper rifle.... innocent, clueless of the fate that beholds him. Then, bang!

Meathead
07-18-2006, 03:00 PM
hes just a lazy bastard

but his package is bigger so i guess that explains it

Mr. Cynical
07-18-2006, 03:15 PM
thats what i'm saying. I basically want the Super Bowl era unis back. :up:

They would be better than the current USFL/CFL garbage we have now, yeah...but I don't want to get confused with the Giants again. I just think the Tbacks are unique and look great.:D

Michael82
07-18-2006, 03:39 PM
They would be better than the current USFL/CFL garbage we have now, yeah...but I don't want to get confused with the Giants again. I just think the Tbacks are unique and look great.:D
how about the Super Bowl unis with the word BILLS underneath the neck collar? Or the logo on the arms?

Mudflap1
07-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Throwbacks!

Jon

im4bflo
07-18-2006, 08:01 PM
We WON BACK to BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS with that standing Buffalo.
That was our original logo, and I stand by it 100% (we're both standing):snicker2:
That throwback uni and logo, is the BUFFALO BILLS IMHO!
Anything after that, was for politics, and greed.
Throwbacks will always RULE! GO BILLS!!!

im4bflo
07-18-2006, 08:06 PM
how about the Super Bowl unis with the word BILLS underneath the neck collar? Or the logo on the arms?
Anybody who can't tell the difference between a BILLS or GIANTS or TEXANS jersey, sure doesn't know their football, and I couldn't care less then, if they could.
Too much on a jersey, and it starts looking like crap.
Sorry Mike, but I wouldn't want to see that.

Mr. Cynical
07-18-2006, 08:09 PM

Don't like having the team's name on jerseys (any team) but the logo on the sleeve is an interesting idea.

Still, I reeeealy like the blue/white/black cleats look of the Tbacks. That would be my #1 choice. :D

It never ceases to amaze me why the Chargers don't go back to their old Tbacks. I mean, every time you hear comments about them they are always extremely positive. Todays unis have become all the same...dark.

Dozerdog
07-18-2006, 09:21 PM
I think they would be great for a few games a season. Vs the Jets, The Chargers (when they are wearing throwbacks too)

I'd like to see 2 home and 2 away (old fashioned all white jerseys)

Billscusey
07-18-2006, 10:40 PM

YES!!!!! You are so right!!

billsburgh
07-18-2006, 11:56 PM
That's not a bad idea, I wish they would.

I actually e-mailed Chris Brown and asked him the same question a few weeks ago. His first reply was that the throwbacks were ded and gone, a one-year deal. Then he writes me again two days later, saying he asked around the office. Now he says that the throwbacks are NOT dead and will be seen this year. He also suggested something was up with the throwbacks, and that we would all have to wait to find out. Hmmmmm.

PTR
thanks for the info. glad to hear that they are not dead.

THATHURMANATOR
07-19-2006, 07:01 AM
:hi5:
But I like either one though.

Earthquake Enyart
07-19-2006, 07:10 AM
I've hated stripey since 1973.

Michael82
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
YES!!!!! You are so right!!
Thanks. :up:

BAM
07-19-2006, 04:56 PM
If by chance the Bills would switch permanently to the throwbacks of last season, they'd definitely need to keep the white helmet and the standing Buffalo. The stripey one would look stupid I think.

Uncle Jesse
07-19-2006, 10:04 PM
They should do pretty much what they did last year, one home and one away game, but it doesnt have to be the first two games of the season, any two would be fine, I really love this jerseys, especially the helmets.

billsburgh
07-19-2006, 11:24 PM
If by chance the Bills would switch permanently to the throwbacks of last season, they'd definitely need to keep the white helmet and the standing Buffalo. The stripey one would look stupid I think.
yeah, the white helmet definately looks better with the throwbacks than the red one would.

Historian
07-20-2006, 06:39 AM
I've hated stripey since 1973.

Y'all know where I stand.

I'm going to order my Rutkowski jersey next week.

Earthquake Enyart
07-20-2006, 07:29 AM
I'll never forgive him for fumbling that ball against the Raiders. :mad:

im4bflo
07-20-2006, 06:05 PM
I've still got my real throwback JUICE jersey, and have a hard time wearing it living in the LA area.
I've got a KEMP, but it's autographed.
But my 12th MAN THROWBACK with my name on it, is without a doubt, my favorite to wear! I've got a bunch of standing buffalo hats, that get worn all year!
Please wear the throwbacks at least twice a year, and don't let them fade away again. Old school ROCKS! It rocked the ROCKPILE! Now that was a DEFENSE!