Bills Big At Box Office: 4 Games Near Sellouts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Bills Big At Box Office: 4 Games Near Sellouts...

The Buffalo Bills are proving you don't need to sign big-name free agents, draft high-profile players or even pick a starting quarterback to sell tickets.

Creative marketing and the return of a Hall of Fame coach can do the trick.

Despite last season's 5-11 record and off-season overhaul of the front office and coaching staffs, led by the return of Marv Levy as general manager, the Bills announced Monday that their first four games of the regular season are nearly sold out.
    Read More...
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

• The JuiceBox Guy
    • Jul 2006

Re: Bills Big At Box Office: 4 Games Near Sellouts...

Best fans in the nfl

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by The JuiceBox Guy
      Best fans in the nfl
      You're just not a Realist.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

Best fans in the nfl

Always have been, always will be....

GO BILLS!!!!!!
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

We are very loyal.

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

Has greatly to do with Ralph or sponsor buying extra seats and number of scalpers who sell many of the better seats to opposing fans.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
              • Mar 2005

Best fans in the nfl
              Packers

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
                We are very loyal.
                YOU are right there. I live in Tampa and they sell out before the season even starts but the fans are not LOYAL like us BILLS fans. 70% of the fans are actually from other cities and love football.
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

The early games always sell out. Them have mostly been automatic for years.

It's the later games that are always up in the air. How many times has Ralph Wilson or some company bought the rest of the seats so it would be on TV?

In our 3-13 season I remember sitting there in the stadium every week with only 40,000 people there.

Most teams are already sold out for the entire season and we're excited about the first 4 games? The last 4 games status on being sold out will be determined by how well we're doing.

If we're 2-6 and the season is a waste either Ralph or some big company will have to buy the last 5,000 seats if it's gonna be on TV.

Just about every team in the NFL sells out the first few games right off the bat. Lets see what happens in December before we proclaim anything.

We have loyal fans but not the best in the NFL. There are tons of teams where people are on waiting lists for season tickets for 20 years. That's seems more loyal in my eyes.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                    Closet Bills Fan
                    • Nov 2004

well from ordering tix for a few games............. ive found the afc east games as sell outs...... and some of the other games are close to it

hey, its just a testament to the will of the buffalo fans............ now they just need some wins and maybe ralph can stay happy :-)

j-e-t-s
                    jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

What idiots the Bills will be lucky to win 3 games this year.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

More proof that the brass at one bills drive doesn't have to do anything to improve the on-field product and can still get butts in the seat.

Then we all get to sit around and deal with frustrating year after frustrating year because football is business and Ralph gets his pockets lined regardless of the quality of the product.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I would rather do this than losing the team Funtimes.. Because that will happen FOR SURE if we have poor ticket sales. At least with this scenario you have a chance.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

I understand that Thurm, but a team is going to move regardless of how many people are in the seats, see Cleveland in 95.

The point of going to a game is to enjoy it, and wins are much more enjoyable than losses. I'm just sick and tired of seeing year after year of mediocrity and I'm sure you are too.

If there was no threat of the team moving, do you think the stadium would even be filled to 3/4 of capacity? It's pretty sad that all of us heres' only motivation really to go to these games is to "keep the team in Buffalo."

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                              I understand that Thurm, but a team is going to move regardless of how many people are in the seats, see Cleveland in 95.

The point of going to a game is to enjoy it, and wins are much more enjoyable than losses. I'm just sick and tired of seeing year after year of mediocrity and I'm sure you are too.

If there was no threat of the team moving, do you think the stadium would even be filled to 3/4 of capacity? It's pretty sad that all of us heres' only motivation really to go to these games is to "keep the team in Buffalo."
                              So lets GUARANTEE they move rather than making it tougher for them... Not saying they won't move anyways but it is Asinine for me to be such a cheap skate that I can't plop down 400 bucks for season tickets. I want them to win so badly it is sickening but I am going to go to every game and probably even a road game.

Comment

Working...
                              X