PDA

View Full Version : Levy's book and how it relates to him as GM

don137
07-18-2006, 09:25 AM
I read Levy's book last week on vacation and it kind of put some pieces together of how he has run the team the past 7 months. I know Jauron is the coach but I could see them being on the same page on many things...
-Levy is a disciple of George Allen and Allen thought rookies should never ever start. Allen always traded away draft picks for proven players or players that have been in the league a couple years and ready to breakout. This makes me think that Whitner will not start early in the season.
-Thinks OL is the toughest position to play. Loves picking up players that have been around a few years over drafting them. Explains why we didn't draft a young OL early and why he rather pick up players like Fowler, Reyes and Gibson
- Hates starting young QBs. Kind of makes me thinks Losman should never of started last year and he was not sure if Losman would/could be the guy this year and why he brought in a guy like Nall.
- Defense wins championships. He stated good offenses can have bad games but good defenses are very consistent. Explains why all the defensive draft picks this year.
- Thinks Special Teams is more important than most coaches. Makes me think guys like Wire and Aiken could make the team despite the depth at there positions. Also, some of the players drafted I think he had ST in mind.

justasportsfan
07-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Marv may not know numbers when it comes to contracts or stadium management, etc.. That's why he let those who know how do it. However , he knows football. He may not be young enough to make gameday decisions but I'm sure he knows he needs his Kelly, Hull, Bruce, Bennett ,etc.

BTW, When is Ice coming up with his book?

Meathead
07-18-2006, 09:34 AM
and this all is news because ...

justasportsfan
07-18-2006, 09:35 AM
and this all is news because ...you're slacking with your polls.

don137
07-18-2006, 09:37 AM
BTW, When is Ice coming up with his book?
:ROFL: