• Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Keeping It Real

Few quick thoughts.
    • You gotta love my new avatar.
    • I love the deal the Bills gave Jason Peters, it works out well for both parties. Laugh at me all you want, but at the rate he’s going by season’s end he’s going to be the best player on this team. Not on the same level as a Walter Jones but with the same importance to the team.
    • Everybody who’s now projecting him to be our left tackle needs to knock it off. From everything I’ve heard and read Jauron is very high on Gandy being our starting left tackle. If Gibson shows us something in camp, then that’s great. We’ll have a Marcus Price-type quality at backup tackle on both sides.
    • Takeo Spikes better buy up some businesses after his career is over, because after watching him on NFL Network I can assure you his future is not in broadcasting. Ya gotta love the way he markets himself and his t-shirts though.
    • Most important player to the Bills that nobody is taking about- Aaron Schobel. Second most- Kelsay. These boys need to have big years on the outside.
    • I’ve seen there’s not a lot of love for Andre Davis on this board. Good, I’ll take great pride in saying “I told you so” when he’s starting ahead of Peerless Price by week three of the season.
    • I’m a fan of Nance but I’m still thinking unless a WR gets hurt in camp his rookie year will be spent on the practice squad. I do NOT think the Bills are going to cut Sam Aiken. His value to our stellar special teams is being undervalued here. Evans, Price, Reed and Parrish are locks to make the team. I think Davis is the 5th guy to stick and with Aiken the club will carry six. While Nance develops on the P.S. the organization will take a long look at every WR not named Evans to see if they stick with the team beyond 2006. Considering Levy gave decent signing bonuses to Price and Reed I certainly hope they perform.
    • I’ll be looking at the secondary a lot in camp. I’m thrilled to have so much talented new blood in there with Whitner, Simpson and Youboty. I can’t wait to see these guys all starting in 2007 with Terrence McGee. This is Clements and Vincent last go-round with this club.

Lastly, although I’m blocked from seeing his genius on a post-to-post basis, I’m sad to hear that Ice has been banned/suspended from the zone. Although it’s little secret I basically despise him, his posts and constant fence-jumping always made for some entertaining reading. He’s Vince Lombardi, Tito Ortiz and Bobby Beatherd wrapped into one and I’ll be losing some sleep til I hear he’s back enlightening us all with his knowledge again. Until then, you always got the Pee Wee kids to coach!

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Keeping It Real

Do I really have to love the avatar?

Also, starting ahead of Price is not really an impressive feat. He and Davis are almost the same player anyway, about 2 inches apart.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Nance won't last long in the PS. Someone's gonna snag him away from us.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
        Do I really have to love the avatar?

Also, starting ahead of Price is not really an impressive feat. He and Davis are almost the same player anyway, about 2 inches apart.
        yes, but Price got $2.5 million to sign his name on the dotted line and Davis did not, so right off they're bat they are a few million apart.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Nance won't last long in the PS. Someone's gonna snag him away from us.
          Can someone snag a rookie of the practice squad??.. I actually am not sure of this.. IF that is the truth and a team can take him, then I change my mind and he has to stick.. THey're not going to develop him through camp and put him on the PS if someone can just take him away..

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            Can someone snag a rookie of the practice squad??..
            I believe so but am not completely 100% sure.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

yes, but Price got $2.5 million to sign his name on the dotted line and Davis did not, so right off they're bat they are a few million apart.
              Are Levy and Jauron going to make personnel/lineup decisions based on who has the highest contract, or who earns their spots? It better be the latter. If we lose Nance because someone else got a signing bonus, I'd be extremely P'd.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

They hope to be promoted to the active roster either by the team they are assigned to or another team who happens to be scouting them. They maintain free agent status in that they can sign with any team they wish, even if they are on another team's practice squad, without compensation to the original team.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Practice squad people have a contract and are a paid member of the team. Does that mean that the team wouldn't let them go if they had another opportunity to play or start somewhere else no but technically we own their A**.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Practice squad players make about a third of a minimum NFL contract, with fewer benefits and obviously no playing time. They rightfully have the option to sign a real NFL contract with another team to be on an actual roster.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• R. Rich
                      • Apr 2003

Now you've got street cred.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

Can someone snag a rookie of the practice squad??.. I actually am not sure of this.. IF that is the truth and a team can take him, then I change my mind and he has to stick.. THey're not going to develop him through camp and put him on the PS if someone can just take him away..
                        yes but they team that picks them up must keep them on the roster

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

I still dont think he makes the squad this year unless another WR gets hurt.

and Phil, no I'm not implying price should be ahead of DAvis because of his contract.. I've been saying for Weeks if Davis is healthy I think he's going to beat him out. What I am saying its a pretty stupid move to give someone a signing bonus like that if he's NOT going to start.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Actually you can sign someone off PS from another team and put them on your PS, Nance will be the 5 spot, i think when all is sadi and done the Bills will keep 6 WR, ST. Louis OFF, did u might see them only keep one FB, or one less saftey we will see
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              Actually you can sign someone off PS from another team and put them on your PS, Nance will be the 5 spot, i think when all is sadi and done the Bills will keep 6 WR, ST. Louis OFF, did u might see them only keep one FB, or one less saftey we will see
                              Who in your opinion will be out then?

Comment

Working...
                              X