• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Why do you like Dick?

1 winning season out of 6 as a head coach.

None of his defenses were in the top 10, either as HC or DC.

Why do you think he will be successful?
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why do you like Dick?

The jury's out, imo.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Well the jury is out on everyone at this point given the season hasn't started. However, people can still state their opinions or gut feelings as to why they think he will (or might) be good.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
        Well the jury is out on everyone at this point given the season hasn't started. However, people can still state their opinions or gut feelings as to why they think he will (or might) be good.
        ok

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

It's foolish to think that because Levy and Belichek both struggled in their first stops and then turned it around to become HOF coaches, that Jauron will do the same. At the same time, it's foolish to discount the possibility of it happening. Marv's a smart guy. At 80, I'd guess he's just as bright or brighter than a guy at 50. He's certainly not infallible as evidenced by the Dan Henning debacle of 1997 but he's had more hits than misses.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

Marv picked him. Marv has been in the same boat, where he wasn't a top choice, but turned into a top coach. Jauron seems like a sharp, level-headed guy. He seems to have assembled a decent staff here.

That being said, we'll see what happens.

Jon

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Nobody has made a wise crack at the title of this thread yet? God im immature.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                Marv picked him. Marv has been in the same boat, where he wasn't a top choice, but turned into a top coach. Jauron seems like a sharp, level-headed guy. He seems to have assembled a decent staff here.

That being said, we'll see what happens.

Jon
                marv may have picked him, but I guarentee you that he was given a salary structure of candidates to pick from.. It's not like he coulda hired ANYONE he wanted regardless of the price tag they came with.

I'm not a fan of Jauron at all, but I am a fan of Fairchild and I think he'll be our head coach in two years.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  It's foolish to think that because Levy and Belichek both struggled in their first stops and then turned it around to become HOF coaches, that Jauron will do the same. At the same time, it's foolish to discount the possibility of it happening. Marv's a smart guy. At 80, I'd guess he's just as bright or brighter than a guy at 50. He's certainly not infallible as evidenced by the Dan Henning debacle of 1997 but he's had more hits than misses.
                  Since you like to say it all the time, I'll let the season play out before passing judgement.. .So far Marv has had ZERO hits and ZERO misses as GM and we wont know until the games start being played.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

That's true but I'm talking about his decision-making ability overall...not purely as a GM
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

BTW,
                      DOES anyone here know what Jauron's salary is in regards to the rest of the NFL head coaches? I'd venture to say hes in the bottom five of salary, maybe even bottom three.

And thats a legit question, not a stab at him.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        marv may have picked him, but I guarentee you that he was given a salary structure of candidates to pick from.. It's not like he coulda hired ANYONE he wanted regardless of the price tag they came with.

I'm not a fan of Jauron at all, but I am a fan of Fairchild and I think he'll be our head coach in two years.
                        Stop acting like you know this as fact. You have NO idea what Wilson told Marv when it was shopping time. Perhaps Marv truely felt Jauron was a better fit for this job than the other candidates, perhaps it was constrained by one or more factors. But you don't know, so stop the chest pounding conjecture Ice.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Who is going to be in charge of the play calling on offense?

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                            Who is going to be in charge of the play calling on offense?
                            Steve Fairchild is the Off Coordinator

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

We all know holmgreen is a good coach and it took him years to get seattle in good shape. I almost feel that these guys like the challenge of turning team around and once that's done they move on. Look at vermeil, he gets St. louis a championship and then walks away from it. Then he takes another job w/ KC as a head coach and gets his old QB back from St. Louis.

I think that being a great head coach is a mix of opportunity, player chemistry, timing in players career's and injuries.

Comment

Working...
                              X