• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Headcoaching success lies outside 1 person's control

We all know holmgreen is a good coach and it took him years to get seattle in good shape. I almost feel that these guys like the challenge of turning team around and once that's done they move on. Look at vermeil, he gets St. louis a championship and then walks away from it. Then he takes another job w/ KC as a head coach and gets his old QB back from St. Louis.

I think that being a great head coach is a mix of opportunity, player chemistry, timing in players career's and injuries.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Headcoaching success lies outside 1 person's control

Anybody else w/ me on this?

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
      • Mar 2004

you weren't the one to give this thread 5 stars were you? Not saying it doesn't have that potential, just bored and curious.

Comment

• billsburgh
        • Jul 2003

It also depends on the staff that the head coach assembles and also the front office who does the scouting and drafting to give the coach good players to work with.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
          It also depends on the staff that the head coach assembles and also the front office who does the scouting and drafting to give the coach good players to work with.
          I'll go w/ that but having the players there in the right part of their career's means alot. It takes players a few years to really get their games in action and catching them on the way in or on the way out is not a good scenario.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
            you weren't the one to give this thread 5 stars were you? Not saying it doesn't have that potential, just bored and curious.
            I voted twice as well because I have the power, mooo haaaaa.

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
              I'll go w/ that but having the players there in the right part of their career's means alot. It takes players a few years to really get their games in action and catching them on the way in or on the way out is not a good scenario.
              at least with the offensive linemen signed this offseason, that seems to be what the team is doing. bringing in young players just starting to enter their prime.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
                at least with the offensive linemen signed this offseason, that seems to be what the team is doing. bringing in young players just starting to enter their prime.
                Like TKO? Moorman? Mcgee? Willis? We have a few ballers that can play on any given sunday.

Comment

• billsburgh
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                  Like TKO? Moorman? Mcgee? Willis? We have a few ballers that can play on any given sunday.
                  TKO, we'll have to wait and see how he recovers after that injury. Yes the players you mention fit that description as well, but I was alluding to the team under Donahoe who seemed to bring in the aging, on the decline players such as Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, Drew Bledsoe who you can hope to get a few good seasons out of before their play really slips and it's win now or rebuild again every few years. Marv and co. seem to be building a core of young, up and coming players who should be here for many years.

Comment

Working...
                  X