X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Who Will Back Up Willis?

he Bills know who their self-proclaimed 'horse' is, Willis McGahee. And though McGahee's role is expected to be expanded on third downs and in the passing game, even the horse needs a breather every so often.

Enter the candidates gunning for the number two running back position behind McGahee. Currently there are four; Lionel Gates, Fred Jackson, Anthony Thomas and Shaud Williams.

Williams held the backup title in 2005 rushing for 161 yards on 45 carries (3.6 avg.). He also made 17 receptions for 118 yards as he saw time mostly on third downs. If there is a knock on Williams it's that he goes down too soon after initial contact.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Who Will Back Up Willis?

A-train

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      A-train
      I think so too. Then again Gates is huge too who can wear down defenders while Willis is resting. I'm just glad the new staff is all about bringing in players to compete fortheir jobs while TD brought in players like Anderson and told the coaches," make it work"
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
        • Mar 2004

I guess another version of this question is who will fill the spot if WIllis goes down? For us Miami fans, we really like Sammy Morris, but he's not the answer to above similar question. I think we may be looking at some peeps during training camp, possibly Bennet from the Saints.

It seems like the Bills have decent depth behind Willis, but since I may not know them as much as you guys, are you guys confident with your depth, IN CASE anything happens to Willis?

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
          I guess another version of this question is who will fill the spot if WIllis goes down? For us Miami fans, we really like Sammy Morris, but he's not the answer to above similar question. I think we may be looking at some peeps during training camp, possibly Bennet from the Saints.

It seems like the Bills have decent depth behind Willis, but since I may not know them as much as you guys, are you guys confident with your depth, IN CASE anything happens to Willis?
          honestly...not especially at the moment. If A-Train can recover his old form, then I'd be happy with him coming in for Willis if he goes down. That's a big if, though.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
          X